• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Pokemon and Type Combinations Speculation

Years
Normal/Ghost would be an intriguing type combination... To be honest even I don't know what it'll look like. It's also one of the best types as it's only 2x weak to Dark with heaps of immunity completely cancelling out weaknesses.

Years
Snomon (The Snowman Pokémon)
Evolves from Snoboll (The Snowball Pokémon)
It should have a lot of HP (at least 160 base HP), be pretty slow (like a 40 base Speed, the pre-evo should be a lot faster) and have a decent Atk and Sp. Atk (like 80 base Atk and 60 base Sp. Atk) and between 50 and 60 base Def and Sp. Def.

Type: pure Ice
Abilities:
Ice Body
Filter, Shed Skin, or Natural Cure
Regenerator (Hidden Ability)
Moves: It should learn most Ice moves (particularly, Ice Ball, Avalanche, Frost Breath), many Fighting moves (such as Hammer Arm, Focus Punch, Brick Break and Drain Punch), Defense Curl, Rollout, Recover, Nature Power, Payback, maybe Curse, maybe Glaciate, maybe Earthquake, ...
Snomon should be shaped like Cacturne/Abomasnow. Snoboll can be shaped like Voltorb.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
As starting with Kurapika's post: In Kalos there is a pretty big snowy area that spans from 1 town to another, with 2 towns being in snow and then the Mountain. So my next question is this, with the large snowy area, It looks like a valley between cliffs and then a flat are, which I assume is 2 routes, possibly 3. What type of combos would you like to see with Ice and how many and what kinda of Ice types do you want to see?

These are the combos with Ice I would like to see more of:
Ice/Electric: In this case I am not counting Rotom's form. Other than that, we do not have any Ice/Elec types. Ever since I saw Ice Chanduler move in the anime, I have wanted a Ice/Elec type.
Ice/Fighting: Again, we have not had this combo.
Ice/Bug: Though I am not a bit fan of bugs, they brought a lot of new or rarely used Bug type combos.
Ice/Fly: Again another rare type. We only have Articuno and Delibird with this type, and we happen to be getting Fire/Fly evo line that again only had Moltres as the pokemon with that type combo.
Ice/Dark: What can I say? I love both types, but we only have 1 Evo line like this.

I think they should take a break from Ice/Water types for a bit. I think we have plenty. The only way I wouldn't mind a Ice/Water is if Lapras gets a Pre Evo or Evo.

Here is a list of types of Ice Pokemon I would like to see:
Snowy Owl line.
A Snowy Wolf as rumored to be in the game.
Arctic Fox
A Delibird Evolution. No not a Mega please, I don't think a Mega can even help this pokemon. Delibird alone is a poor and rarely used pokemon. Sometimes I even forget it all together. I actually just did when I typed in Ice/Flying types and again when I was talking about penguins. This states one of my reasonings behind why it needs an evolution. It has the worst move pool in history. It does not learn a single move while leveling up. It can only learn a little more than 20 TM's and 1 HM. Even a Pre Evo would help this pokemon. It is, in my opinion, the worst pokemon in the games.

When I first saw the Piplup line, I was really hoping that it was Water/Ice type, but it wasn't. Not to mention I love penguins.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2014
I want a Grass Dragon or an Ice Steel. The first one could be like a basilisk.

blue

gucci
Years
A Poison legendary! That is the only type of legendary we haven't had if you exclude Arceus with the Toxic Plate. If there is the so called "Z" serpent legendary then I'd say that would be a viable candidate for our first poison type Legendary, maybe.

Years
The Z serpent, huh! It sounds inspired from religion, in which case Giratina already stole the role!
I'd like to see more Ghost and Ice typed species. Ice/Elec, Ghost/Fight, Poison/Dragon (altough Dragon is my least favorite type) I also hope we will have a **** load of Fairies, if they introduce just a few, like they did with Dark and Steel in Gen II, I'll be disappoint...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
The Z serpent, huh! It sounds inspired from religion, in which case Giratina already stole the role!
I'd like to see more Ghost and Ice typed species. Ice/Elec, Ghost/Fight, Poison/Dragon (altough Dragon is my least favorite type) I also hope we will have a **** load of Fairies, if they introduce just a few, like they did with Dark and Steel in Gen II, I'll be disappoint...

Are you talking about being inspired by religion? If so then Lugia and Ho-oh stole that role long before with Lugia being a Shinto Dragon god, and Ho-oh being a chinese phoenix. If you're talking about Serpent then Rayquaza came before too and is based off the Beast of the Sky (Groudon is the Male beast of the Land, and Kyogre the Female beast of the sea( the creatures they're based off are said to never mate as if they do it'll cause the end of the world) from Jewish stories.

I'll like to see an Ice/Electric Pokemon other than Rotom Freezer forme.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'd really like to see an evolution of Grumpig. This Pokémon has almost been forgotten by us, so giving it an evolution could help increase its popularity. Due to the same reason, I'd also like to see an evolution for Furret, Dewgong, Crawdaunt, and Stantler.

Pokémon like Skarmory and Heracross are strong enough as they are right now, so they don't need an evolution. It'd be nice if they give them a pre-evolution, though. =)

Guy

just a guy
Years
Oooh, a Grumpig evolution would be pretty neat!

Anywho, moving this on over that other thread we have to discuss this sort of thing.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
What you guys think about a Ice/Rock fossil ? What it could be ? I think you can have some kind of Yeti with it.

blue

gucci
Years
I completely forgot about the fossils, with all of them (or vast majority) being Rock/Ground I would like for them to steer away from that theme even if it is a little rule bending. I'd like a Fire and Water fossil pair, I think that would be pretty interesting.

Years
I'd like to see pre evos of pokes that have a rare typing, such as: Skarmory, Heracross and a pre-evo shared by Tauros, Miltank & Bouffalant.
I doubt that Pokémon such as Lucario and Blaziken would receive an evolution! Pokes I hope they would be given an evolution: Mawile, Emolga (even tough I doubt it.), Tropius (It would have been cool if Tropius received an AncientPower evo in Gen IV), Houndoom (...), ...
As for fossil Pokémon, I cannot think of an Ice typed one, not to mention that I don't like the fossils-must-be-Rock-type rule, the AncientPower evolution was a pretty brilliant idea, I hope they will do more of that! Why not an AncientPower evo for Tropius and Rhyhorn. I also think a Dragon fossil can be cool.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
The rock type is mstly because they got reanimated from a fossil. I could see new evolutions with AncientPower.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
That would be awesome as well. I think I thought of an Ice type fossil that could be used. Maybe a Sabre-Tooth Tiger. I know we already have a mammoth, so it is unlikely. But I would love a Sabre-Tooth Pokemon.

With the talk of a special Pikachu going to be rewarded through a new tournament known as Kalos Cup later on, what electric type combos would you like you that we haven't? And what type of Electric types would you like to see? Doesn't have to be a Elec Rodent.

Combos I would like to see are these:
Electric/Ice: I have said this before with the Ice one, but I'll list it again.
Electric/Fighting: I think this would just be nice, I think I said it earlier as well, but I would love to see this. Maybe a real Kangaroo or something.
Electric/Dark: I would also love to see this, I thought the Luxray line would be part dark, but they never were.
Electric/Steel: We only have 3 and those are the Magnemite line. I would like to see one more.
Electric/Ghost: again not Rotom. We have a Fire/Ghost so why not add a Electric/Ghost as well.

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I expect Dunsparce to have a baby and an evolution. Dunsparce is just the awkward middle stage leading up to an awesome Dragon/Fairy type! YEAH!

and shuckle too...

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
Years
We need a Fire/Electric type right now.

First off, it can cover weaknesses extremly well! Electric will cover up for Water type attacks and Fire will cover up for Grass type attacks that Electric cannot hit for much damage. Ice types, Flying types, Bug types and Steel types will also have to run for cover.

Secondly, Fire/Electric will be able to slaughter both of your rival's starters making them a must want.

Third, they have a 4x weakness so they aren't completely overpowered: Ground. Earthquake will crush a Fire/Electric type which is a risk that players may be willling to take.

I also would want a Water/Fire and/or Fire/Grass type(s) to be introduced to the Kalos region. I would catch one!

Years
Technically, Heat Rotom is Electric/Fire (Not to mention it has godly Levitate to cancel out the 4x Weakness). But I get what you mean, having a standout Electric/Fire would be nice.

Grass/Fire and Water/Fire would be awesome. Ice/Fire, however... it'll probably be one of the worst defensive combinations in Pokemon.

Back