• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Mankey Caption Contest! #5

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024

Pokémon Manga Caption Contest!

Welcome back! Or if this is your first time in the caption contest, a huge warm welcome to you~
In this thread, we will present to you a panel from a pokémon manga, and it's your job to come up with what the characters in the panel are saying. It's a caption contest! If it goes well, this will return with new panels every week.

NOTE: it's not a guessing contest, it's a creative contest! Even if there are speech bubbles in the actual manga panel, you are supposed to come up with a new line of text (or several) that just fits with the picture somehow - according to you!

The winner will be smugly featured in my (Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers) signature for a week as well get the chance to help me judging next week's winner and what new panel to use! That. Is. Glamorous.

Judges of #5:
Manga Reader X
& Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers

Rules

• Abide by PokéCommunity's rules. Such as minimum 4 words / post and no vulgarities.
  • You can only submit one caption / week, and the winner will be announced around Saturday.
  • You can of course not submit the same caption as someone else. Be as original as you can!
  • Your caption can either be what the characters are saying OR another line of text or series of words that you think fit with the panel of the week. It's up to your imagination!
  • Post your entry in this thread and try to keep chit-chat posts to a minimum~ If you want to chit-chat more deeply about the manga or this contest - go to the List & Chit-chat thread!

Panel #5

33_zps9ee8c5ed.png

Scan: PacificPikachu
Source: http://pokescans.tumblr.com/post/33275978592/you-needed-grimer-and-gengar-in-drag-didnt-you
This panel is courtesy of Manga Reader X, last week's winner. It's from a Pokémon "4koma", a Japanese kind of comic strips with 4 panels. There are tons of these, all official. Seems like the trainer is going pretty violent in the last scene :x Or is he whopping up a salad? It's all up to you.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Panel 1:

Gengar & Grimer: Hey Red! Do you want to take us on a date to the standup comedy club? <3
Red: ...

Panel 2:

Red:
You know what they say:
You can't spell SLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER.​

I am a judge this week, so I can't win. I'm doing this for fun.
I know my caption is really weird. This is the only caption I could think of that fits somewhat, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Dark Sonic

Chaos Control!
Years
grimer&gengar hey red let us put makeup all over your face and play ghost dress up!

red: wait how about we play a game called pin the axe on grimer and gengar? you know what they say can't beat em just slaughter em

Last edited:

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I had a hard time with this one... Read it counterclockwise starting from the top right.
MS Paint for the win!

33_zpsd9883199.png

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Really like the captions this week, guys! I hope more people feel like submitting and not just peeking in ;)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024

#5 winner...

T4CjWp1.jpg

chuckleslucifer ! Stranger danger bounced back at them, didn't it? xD Also PUN.

Congratulations! You will get your name sneakily featured in my signature for a week, and if you wish, you can help me choose the panel for next week's contest as well as help deciding on the next winner! I will contact you through PM.

This week we seriously had so many favorites, it was so difficult to pick :x So also an extra thanks to Manga Reader X, this week's judge.

Thank you all for participating, and be sure to check out the next week's thread. Remember it's all for good fun but it's sure fun to be the judge of a week and get to choose the next panel! We'll try to make that one easier to work with then shall we, chuckleslucifer?
088.gif
094.gif

See you soon again!​

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Congrats chuckleslucifer and good luck to everyone next week! I'm looking forward to seeing what we can come up with :P

Back