• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My R4i Gold 3ds isn't working?

HyperVortex

Youtube Battler
Years
What error is it giving you? As well, the best firmware to use would be the Wood R4 firmware. It's updated very often, all you have to do is drag the files and any other roms to your micro SD.

It's saying

"An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system"

I did update it to the latest but I keep getting the same message.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
I am also having the same problem on mine and I'm having that problem on my R4for my DS, they both were working fine, but when I went to update the firmware is when I started getting those errors, they will go to a black screen and say "an error has occurred" on 1 of them and on the other one it just says "loading" and it stays like that forever.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Sounds like connection issues, on the memory card, to me.

My DSTwo is starting to do that, I just have to try reinserting the memory card a few times and it works.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Where I have 2 SD cards, I have tried putting 1 in the other and vice versa, never helps, I still get the same message no matter what DS system I put them in and I have 4 systems.

HyperVortex

Youtube Battler
Years
My R4i gold for 3DS card chip thing was fine before, I didn't update it and it just went like this. It's been like this for over a month now and I haven't bothered to touch it because I didn't play it. But now since Black 2 rom is out. I want to play it and I'm trying to fix it.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
I do have the R4DS and the R4DSI, I have the 2gb sd card in my ds lite, and wanted to use the R4DSI in my dsi (with 4gb sd card) but got those errors, it will not let me update that I can remember, I got tired of fooling with it and gave up.

Back