• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Indigo League

A few questions about the camera (fill out after you try the newest beta)

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2013
My download didn't work isn't it because I downloaded it form RapidShare

How far does this beta go?

Years
Yeah.. But my life has become much more complex.. I will probably work on the game as more of a hobby rather than a mission like when i started the thread..
I'm going to see if I can start working with a similar engine soon, and failing that, I will resume work on the original starter-kit aka 2d version.. Give me about a week and I'll have a better idea what's going to happen..

Pokemon_123

Pikachu...
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2010
Ok, no worrys, its totally your decision

P.S I've never played an anime adaptation game with such depth, great work :) and also don't rush it as it'll make the game worthless.

Years
Final engine beta!!!
2djebl2.jpg

Ok well I've had a real lot going on, sorry about the lack of updates.. I'm glad everyone understands the stress and pressures of life which often consume me. This is the last beta of the 2.5D engine I've been developing (it also has an ABS which has never been demonstrated..) Maybe one day I'll continue this little side project, as for the moment.. Simply enjoy the features it has to offer.. I couldn't be bothered adding a final camera control system, but I had planned a "follow" camera, capable of auto-rotating based on the direction you press. It isn't really necessary at the moment..
*Hint* To see the NPCAI (which will be in the starter-kit version) simply watch the old lady for a while.. All npc's in towns will have their own random tasks and routes like this. (Ok, when I say this has never been done before in an rmxp game, I mean it..)
Anywho, here ya go everyone:
http://depositfiles.com/files/u37977nsk
http://www.2shared.com/file/yT3ToyTd/Pokemon_Indigo_League.html

Previous news:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
That screen actually looks a lot better than the others, did you change any of the graphics? I tried to download the demo, but it didn't seem to want to let me unless I upgraded to premium.

Years
'Nother link added.. I've already fixed up the errors in the starter-kit demo (aside from the videos, which will be replaced by cut-scenes)..
Feedback please :)

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Well I've played the demo now, and I'm pretty impressed. The zooming out and changing the 3dness is really cool. Once you've got the diagonal buildings you should probably lock that so the camera only swings eight directions. It has a lot of potential.

Years
Thanks mate :D
Yeah I did the gfx myself.. You can talk to the old lady and she'll have different messages depending on what she's doing..
Diagonal gfx for buildings isn't so easy to do.. I couldn't settle on an angle to display.. I've considered using a square to display a quarter of the image.. But it didn't work so well with different shaped buildings..
Anyone wants to give it a try, let me know how it goes :p
Thanks for the comments peeky, I thought you actually hated this game..

Pikamon2

Pikamon2
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2012
Hi. I played both of your demo's and there really good. I've been following you for some time and decided to sign up. I liked the freely rotate option and the cut scenes in your first demo. Thanks.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
I recommend you stay away from NeoMode 7.
It may be just me, but the game really lagged when I was playing. Also, it just doesn't look too appealing.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
I recommend you stay away from NeoMode 7.
It may be just me, but the game really lagged when I was playing. Also, it just doesn't look too appealing.

I agree. I couldnt get into it properly because of the lag.

But other than that, Everything about the game is golden.Graphics dont matter for this particular game, as the scripting and eventing is far greater than that.What I would suggest is having an interface with Pikachu like on Yellow since that was also entitled to the anime.

Otherwise its pretty much perfect.Good Luck!

Years
The 3d (perspective) could be better, the buildings look more pixelated as you get closer, I personally dislike the whole dppt 3d, but I like your 8way directions idea

Cyrus55

Whee ! done with scripter.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 5, 2012
Yeah I Like this can i request for this game in dual screen?

Orangturttle

Magikarp MASTER!
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
Holy crap!
This is probably one of the coolest Game's I've seen in a long while! Congratulations to you sir! Thank you very much!
Keep up the good work!

Years
Interesting game. I'm excited to see how it is... I like it that you have alternate intros so we can choose and not have to stick to an anime way

BTW I dled it and it says I don't have RGSS102E.dll... what is that?

Last edited:
Back