• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 18, 2011
Narrowing down a competitive team?

I'm trying to enter the competitive field of Pokemon battling, but since this is my first time, I'm not 100% of what to do.

I know that you go to "Pokemon Strategies and Movesets" to post your competitive team but what if you're still trying to decide on the Pokemon themselves for your team (thus being unable to put their Nature, EV/IV, Moveset, and so on yet)? I've narrowed it down to around 10 Pokemon, can I still post on "Pokemon Strategies and Movesets" if I just include the Pokemon's name and how I plan to use it for the team and then as I get suggestions I'll edit the post and make a more refined team, or do I have to go somewhere else to do this?

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I'm trying to enter the competitive field of Pokemon battling, but since this is my first time, I'm not 100% of what to do.

I know that you go to "Pokemon Strategies and Movesets" to post your competitive team but what if you're still trying to decide on the Pokemon themselves for your team (thus being unable to put their Nature, EV/IV, Moveset, and so on yet)? I've narrowed it down to around 10 Pokemon, can I still post on "Pokemon Strategies and Movesets" if I just include the Pokemon's name and how I plan to use it for the team and then as I get suggestions I'll edit the post and make a more refined team, or do I have to go somewhere else to do this?

Actually, I'm pretty sure your aloud to make a thread there, as long as you have at least 6 Pokemon for your team, then at least include ideas for moves/items/natures etc. Then the rest of the S&M'er's could help you.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022

It's really best if you can narrow it down as much as possible. Remember, S&M isn't here to build a team for you - it's best if you practice with it using a battling simulator like Pokemon Online and establishing movesets and a strategy for your team before posting so that it becomes easier to rate. Here's a link to where you can find Pokemon Online - we at PC have our own PO server, which you can get to by opening the program once you download it and going to the advanced connection box and typing in simply "manse.us". So simply, very good.

But yes, we're certainly very willing to give advice over at S&M. Just know that it'd be much easier on both you and us if you can cut down on the number of Pokemon and hopefully even think about preliminary movesets, like what you want to achieve with each Pokemon (Do you want to sweep their team with this Pokemon? Do you want to stop certain annoying Pokemon? etc) and posting in the Request-a-Moveset thread might even help you out, too. Good luck with your team and all that. :)

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2011
shall i post in every forum until i find the right one :P someone must know. Dont the art mods check here?

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Try checking with the Art Gallery moderators. I know there's a place, but that'd be my closest guess.
No, its not Art Gallery.
Art Gallery Rules said:
Basically, lots of visual art.
Stuff we don't want to see here, or it belongs somewhere else:

It also doesn't have any specified section on where to post music. Perhaps if its uploaded into YouTube then you can post it in this thread in Life, The Universe, and Everything?

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I was going to suggest the art gallery too, considering this thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=249824) was there, but I didn't know music wasn't allowed.. there should be a section for it too, though. It feels like a waste to dump another format of creativity in a general youtube thread. :<
Perhaps there should be another subforum for own music, or it should just be allowed in Art Gallery all in all.

And that thread, the moderator there is kind of busy. She lost someone dear to her and maybe she haven't had the time to read through threads yet.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
Years
I think a separate forum isn't a bad idea, putting it under creative discussions. The only problem I see is inactivity, since there are not as many musicians as artists, and the art gallery made it pretty clear it's only for visual art.

Anyway, on topic, the general youtube thread seems to be your best bet for now, ekkotekk.

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2011
Ok i got one more question, why can't i see my moves? I mean when i use my pokemon's moves in the EMU lol.

Years
I'm thinking of making a thread full of CSS signatures, with my own art work of course, but i don't know where to put it.
I'm guessing somewhere in the art forum but idk "/

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'm thinking of making a thread full of CSS signatures, with my own art work of course, but i don't know where to put it.
I'm guessing somewhere in the art forum but idk "/

If you put it in the main art forum, and make sure to show the four examples of your own art first (drawings, and not graphics), then including the CSS signatures made from that art shouldn't be an issue, cause it wouldn't fit in graphics/photography due to that being avatars, banners, wallpaper and photography.

However, if these css signatures have backgrounds you created yourself, make sure you show those graphics off at first, then show what you've created from those backgrounds.

Either way it depends on what type of art work you mean by that, but as long as you concentrate on the art at first and not necessarily the css signatures, you'd fit into either forum. Though take note that there was a profile design shop in Graphics/Photography, which only showed screenshots of the profiles and not the graphics itself. So really, it depends on how you make the distinction between just css signatures, and the graphics themselves. Which hopefully makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back