• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

gen 5, drizzle

jabberjabber8

../\..
Years
Politoed (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 88 SAtk / 168 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Rest
- Protect
- Toxic
- Surf

Scouts with protect, toxic for anything that resists water, surf is a generic stab with high base power + rain boost will KO a lot of the metagame, rest is there as a filler move but it has come in handy once or twice

Rotom-W @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SAtk / 8 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Trick
- Pain Split
- Thunder
- Hydro Pump
Normally the 3rd pokemon to come in after anything water resistant has been removed, hydro pump if it hits is devastating in the rain, trick is there to render any wall's useless. thunder is 100% accurate in the rain when combined with a stab it's nearly as nasty as hydro pump. finally to be honest pain slit is just there to piss people off...

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 240 HP / 16 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
Latias, thank god this is not uber any more...Tends to come in second and get set up on whatever came in to counter the rain (as long as it is not a water with ice beam) the main problem i have when i get set up is other faster dragons coming in with dragon claw or outrage.

Toxicroak (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch
this normally comes in late game, it is a real pain in the ass to get him set up but when you do there is almost no getting rid of him, he does not need a recovery move thanks to dry skin and black sludge, substitute is there to help get set up / scout and the punch's not only provid me with priority and recovery but near perfect type coverage.

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Swords Dance
People always think this guy is a revenge killer when they seem him... tuns out he like to get set up with sword dance then start punching through teams with bullet punch (90 base power with stab and technician) and bug bite is just the for coverage and a extra stab. Finally as with all good set up sweepers a recovery move is invaluable and roost is one of he best.

Genesect @ Life Orb
Trait: Download
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Bug Buzz
- U-turn
Ahhh bug number 2 I know it is a big No No to have this guy in the same team as scizor but he seems to work quite well with thunder getting a lovely rain boost, and ice beam is always around to remove dragons and set latias up.bugbuzz i the last real attack move here as U-turn is just there to scout and swap safely.

Other options:
At the moment I have 2 other options in mind the first of witch is losing genesect and gaining a mamoswine wearing a lovely choice scarf, this means i still have the capacity to kill dragons but i can revenge kill a lot more with earthquake coming off 400 attack and 350 speed. I was also debating using a manaphee but that depends on the server as half of them think it's OU and the other half Uber.

Any comments are welcome... (:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
IIRC, Genesect is banned until it's release and Manaphy is banned because it's in Uber's.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Will-O-Wisp > Pain Split on Rotom-W. HP Fighting works too.

Because this team is based around a Sub Mind Latias sweep, luring in and beating Ferrothorn will be of great benefit so you can set up on it.

Confirming Gensect and Manaphy comments above.

jabberjabber8

../\..
Years
K looks like manphee is a not going to happen on this server, and as for genesect your going to have to explain the "till his release" statement to me... I have used him on other servers.

and genesect being banned for whatever reason means that i will be using this team instead,
Spoiler:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Politoed also wants Chesto Berry if you're using Rest. Which allows you to conserve him better. Id also suggest you use Perish Song somewhere so you dont lose to those annoying SmashPassing teams.

Also what does Scarf Swine do that LO swine doesn't for this team ?

flamehaze94

Jeste!
Years
Just here to say that a well-played Latios will give you a big headache. Thanks to rain, Surf now OHKOs Scizor and Genesect after SR even without any boosting items. Draco Meteor will 2HKO both your steel types(Mamoswine can only attempt revenge kill) as well. You'll be forced to play very smartly, since Latias can only speed tie with it and Toxicroak cannot switch into anything bar Surf. Of course you'll be able to deal with it with your entire party, but Latios is never alone. Latios will indeed tear this team apart in the right hands. Anyway, it alleviate this a little bit, make Scizor even more bulky. Something like 252HP / 56 Atk / 200 SpD will do. Next, I'd like to see Volt Switch over Pain Split. You don't want to give Latios a free switch on a resisted attack. Whenever I use Specs Rotom-W I just tend spam Volt Switch, this is especially good when the Lati@s come in to absorb a hit, then you can got straight to Scizor. This also works when Ferrothorn wants to switch in Rotom-W, then you go to Toxicroak for a free Sub. Great synergy and gives you great momentum against face pace teams.

Genesect is a DW Pokemon and there's no way to legally obtain on in-game. That's what the guys meant.

Thundurus is a problem threat not only to this team but to most rain teams in general. Something that can be done to help is to Scarf Genesect. Since I've never actually played DW (I think it's stupid) I don't know how well it would work, but it's popular enough for me to at least recommend it. Otherwise, if you're really using Mamoswine, I'd just use an LO version so it can help check Latios as well. It can also set Rocks and beat a bunch of stuff. If you want to use Scarf though, I won't stop you. Anyway, I don't wanna change your team too much so I'll just end it here.

Edit: This is mostly trivial, but you should change Black Sludge for Leftovers on Toxicroak. Better safe than sorry!

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Team looks good so far, but I'd like to make a tiny nitpick about Mamoswine, if you're using it. Icicle Spear hits 2-3 times on average, so it isn't reliable, IMO. I'd go with Icicle Crash instead.

jabberjabber8

../\..
Years
Sorry I have not been posting here I was busy with exams so im going to just go for one huge post:

@dragonmega - genesect and maphee are gone, thanks for the heads up.

@dark aself - I will test HP fighting on rotom although i dont really want a status move on choice specs set

@dark aslef again - Toed now has a berry not sure how i missed that

@flamehaze - scizor is set up to be specially bulky, so he resists latios without any more HP imvestment, on rotom i have lost trick (it is rarely used) and replaced with volt switch, as for mamoswine i think a scarf ice crash variant would be more successful at killing a latios / dragons in general.

@platinumdude - thanks i will change that now.

Missed anything?

new team is here:
Spoiler:

Back