• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Tatics

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2010
Pokémon Tactics

poketactics.png

Alpha version! =)

keys:

enter - select/next
esc - back
wasd - move UP, LEFT, DOWN e RIGHT
space - open/close menu

Here are some codes for you try it out, if you input the right code, it will emit a sound.

these three codes can be used once, if you use other code next, it won't work:
"blazingsquad"
"stormysquad"
"pokeplusgift"

codes to change the starter pokémons:
"hoenn season"
"kanto season"
"johto season"
"almia season"

Windows
minimum Ram: 512 MB
minimum video: 32 MB

pokemontactics.exe - 50 MB

This is an alpha version, everything can be changed or get better =)

What you do if you see this error:

MSVCR71.dll is missing
download the dll here: http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcr71
put it in C:\Windows\System32.

introf.png

The game is still being developed, I always wanted to do something related to the pokémon series so I decided to make this game.
It is a 3D game with 2D graphics, the city was modeled and texturized to have an isometrical look.

gameplayq.png

Pokémon Tactics is set only in a new large town of Sinnoh and the story is based in the Diamond, Pearl and Platinum games. You will be able to access PokeCenter, PokeMart, houses, buildings and other areas through mini-menus. You cannot leave the city until you win tickets for boats. There are three boats for different locations. It means after going battle in mini-maps you will always return to the big city. Earn rewards for helping people, hunting and researching pokémons. In Pokémon Tactics you can use more than just two pokémons in a battle, up to 10 at the same time, except in other modes where you will be able to use 6 or 3. Your pokémon skills are no longer limited. it does not need to forget a move to learn a new one, you can level up its moves to its maximum, but you can set only 4 moves for battles. Plus, items can be holded by a pokémon to boost its stats. Planning your tactics is an essential part of the game.

I hope my game-play description is good enough '=)

enginelanguage.png

Panda3d / Python

toolsr.png

GIMP / Paint / Blender 3d

creditslist.png

Notch-Eared Pichu - Idealist / introduce the Capture Styler as a method of capturing pokémons in the battle maps.

screenshotst.png

Last edited:

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
I approved this thread because it clearly shows you have done work on this project. But your thread does not meet the guidelines of this section.

Add in everything that is needed for the thread (like the introduction and the plot) for your thread to stay open.

[a id]reqs[/a id]

Thread Requirements

These requirements apply strictly to threads posted in the [url-inline=forumdisplay.php?f=126]Games Showcase[/url-inline].
  • Program/language developed in.
    You must specify which program and/or language you have developed the game in. You can do this by using the thread prefixes.
  • Introduce your game.
    A concise introduction of your game.
    Do not mistake this for plot! They are not the same!
  • The plot.
    The story must be at least two paragraphs, this means more than ten lines of text.
    This requirement is for the finished post and not how it appears in the editor!
  • The visuals.
    You must provide at least four in-game screenshots (exceptions may be made if video is included instead).
    Title / game over screenshots are not counted!

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
OMG, you really hit the nail on the head with those screens, those are the best isometric screens I've ever seen for a pokemon fangame!

Birdybot

-insert witty phrase here-
Years
Efecan13, it isn't finished yet.

This is just... wow. Mind-blowing. It's more than just isometric, it's... 3D. You must be one amazing scripter. How long has it taken you to manage that?

Spira

Programmer for Pokemon Eternity
Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2023
Pretty cool take on Pokemon. The resources are pretty top notch with the graphics being clear. However, isn't the word you are looking for "Tactics" not Tatics?

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2010
Birdybot said:
This is just... wow. Mind-blowing. It's more than just isometric, it's... 3D. You must be one amazing scripter. How long has it taken you to manage that?

it took me four weeks to get there.

thank you for your replies!
Please ask me things related to the game so that I can update the topic since I am not good with introductions. =)

Atomic Reactor

Wow this looks great! I can't wait to see some more isometric graphics.
This reminds me of Legends, that was iso too.
Hope you can pull it off ;)

Years
Where is the download link

ITZ NOT FINISHED YET

I have to say, your the first person I have seen do this. I always wanted a pokemon game like this and I thought I would never see the day when someone would make this possible. The only thing I dislike is the tiles but that's not a huge issue, keep up the good work i'll defiantly keep an eye on this.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
Years
I saw those screenshots and my mouth dropped. Good show! I cannot wait for this to be completed. One question, does this game have a set plot or...?

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
O_O SWEET MOTHER OF.......

First, darthvagabond raises the standards of sprites, and now you've raised those for tiles. You're off to one hell of a start.

You really should add the plotline to the intro post - unless you haven't ironed that out yet.

EDIT: Now that I've looked at the last couple of screenshots, it's clear that you've definitely made changes to the battle system; you should definitely elaborate on that while you're at it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
As nice as the tiles look, there's a few things I don't like about them - for one, their blurriness. Isn't there an option in your 3D engine to disable smoothing on textures? Even if you don't choose to do that, at least make the camera position such that the player's sprite isn't blurred... Secondly, most of them are just FR/LG tiles textured onto 3D models. Your resolution is bigger than FR/LGs, making the tiles look bad. If you make your own larger tiles (or use more Ranger tiles), it will make it look better. Note how the pier looks much better than the main area because of the Ranger tiles.

I can't really tell because of the isometric-ness, but is there a perspective effect like in D/P (where the objects at the back are slightly smaller, and you can see the sides of buildings as you walk next to them)? If you're using a 3D engine, you should consider doing that.

blendaz

Yo, Champ in the making!
Years
It lookz awesome!
I really hope you finish this game :]

The iso graphics are amazingly done. Good luck with this!!!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
i like the screenshots, i really do. only thing that seems wierd with the tiles is that some of them have outlines and some of them don't. If your gonna go for a 3D effect, then none of them should have it. But if your going for a traditional look, I advise you give them all an outline. just remember to keep it consistent

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
Years
After reading the Game Play section, there's one series of games which I am pretty sure inspired this game: Disgaea. I love the Disgaea series and its unique battle system and now I'm 10000x more excited to play this! You have my full support on this project =)

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2010
Yes, disgaea inspired this game and I love the series too.

thank you all for your replies and opinions, I'm taking notes. =)

I thought I could release a demo until the christmas and presenting you with that but it will not be possible,
I'm working in the bag and pokémon systems. It will be different from the original pokémon games as well.

I enjoy doing this game, I am glad you like it.
Merry christmas!!

Back