• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon - FireRed +Plus (orange)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2015
In the video with the evil Beedrills, can you complete the quest if you capture the shiny "boss?"

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 19, 2014
Great hack so far quick question will you update the sprites to dpss?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Probably not. Remaking sprites is alot of work for little reward. Whats wrong with the fr sprites. I like hacking for content and usability, not asthetics.

you are playing 3rd gen hack... play with 3rd gen graphic lol

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2015
Probably not. Remaking sprites is alot of work for little reward. Whats wrong with the fr sprites. I like hacking for content and usability, not asthetics.

you are playing 3rd gen hack... play with 3rd gen graphic lol

Have you checked out Chaos Rush's thread, the DS Styled 64x64 Pokemon Sprite Resource? All the Kanto and Johto Pokemon are complete and are nice Graphics. Just a suggestion, but that resource will make the Pokemon look awesome!!

Years
Definitely looking forward to this hack!! Always thought the Orange Islands were really snubbed in the original games. From all the videos, it looks pretty sweet!!

Splash

But nothing happened.
Years
I do hope you add rivals or something lol
I loved orange islands and i was really sad when naranja's beta ended the game
I hope this gets finished soon :)

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Dec 15, 2014
This hack looks cool!
At first, I was agonized that you had to beat Fire Red in order to even get to the hacked part, but your minigames have re-assured me!

You should add a few more of those to spice up the game!

JimRaz0r

JimRaz0r
Years
Wow this takes me back when I played Naranja, the first ROM I ever played. I'm sure this one can turn out a lot better because of the modern hacking tools.

Years
Playing it now. Overall great rom hack. One bug I did notice however is that Articuno is missing from Seafoam Island. Wasn't sure if this had something to do with the anime (I don't watch it) or if that simply hadn't been put in yet. Either way, terrific job, looking forward to playing the Orange Islands.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Playing it now. Overall great rom hack. One bug I did notice however is that Articuno is missing from Seafoam Island. Wasn't sure if this had something to do with the anime (I don't watch it) or if that simply hadn't been put in yet. Either way, terrific job, looking forward to playing the Orange Islands.

its nowhere near finisbed man. Ull be quite dissapointed when u realizr the orange islands have no wild pokemin lol...

But none of the mystical birds are there. They have to be unlocked through an event in the orange islands... fyi (did you find the ice orb in seafoam?)

Years
its nowhere near finisbed man. Ull be quite dissapointed when u realizr the orange islands have no wild pokemin lol...

But none of the mystical birds are there. They have to be unlocked through an event in the orange islands... fyi (did you find the ice orb in seafoam?)

Not yet, I was rooting around in there for a bit, pushed all the boulders into the slots but there was one ladder that I couldn't go up yet (I think it was the one leading to the Cinnibar side), I'll look around some more to see if I can find it. I can definitely tell this game's going to be a great one when it's finished. I'm starting an LP of Ultraviolet soon on my channel and when this game is completed, I'd love to do this one too.

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2023
I have some suggestions

I saw you were having problems with only having 4 directions that maps can connect. If you add caves that you can surf in an design the caves right, it can give the illusion of things being further apart than they really are. Another idea is to use Whirlpools as warp tiles that spit the player out at different parts of the ocean.

Other ideas would be to add the chance of finding berries like how you can find items/pokemon when smashing rocks from using Cut on Trees. Berries are just hard to come by in the fire red game an being able to farm them from cut trees would make the cut hm more useful to have on the team.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
I have some suggestions

I saw you were having problems with only having 4 directions that maps can connect. If you add caves that you can surf in an design the caves right, it can give the illusion of things being further apart than they really are. Another idea is to use Whirlpools as warp tiles that spit the player out at different parts of the ocean.

Other ideas would be to add the chance of finding berries like how you can find items/pokemon when smashing rocks from using Cut on Trees. Berries are just hard to come by in the fire red game an being able to farm them from cut trees would make the cut hm more useful to have on the team.

I want the water to feel like an open ocean, no limits.

I love the befry idea. Although there are a few spots with regenerating berriez, the cut trees will be fun too :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2014
Very cool hack!

I think you should include weather effects in the overworld (which is very easy with Advancemap).

When will this be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back