• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

There's a scenic overlook!

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Are you someone who will, no matter what, take the longest yet more scenic route when driving somewhere rather than the much more time-friendly highway/interstate? Or perhaps you never miss a moment to take the long way through the mountains and maybe even stop at a scenic overlook or two?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Yes, I am. It's not about the scenery though, it's because I'm very inexperienced at driving on freeways so I take back roads to avoid it, haha. I'm absolutely terrible at navigation so generally I just go the way I know, regardless of whether there is a longer or shorter route to take.

#isthenumbersign
Years
What usually ends up happening is I'm in a hurry to get somewhere, so I don't really have time to stop and take in all the scenery, not like there's anything to see here anyways..

But if I'm on like a road trip or something passing through the mountains, we'll stop for awhile and look around.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I end up going to the longer route because I want to see the scenery. There's a short route next to I-8 when I travel to San Diego and it has less traffic, less waiting at the Immigration inspection point, and LOTS OF TREES. I love driving through trees. :D On trips like these, I end up finding the less-crowded/more-scenic routes possible.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Yes I am. There aren't that many scenic areas where I live, so I would take any opportunity to experience something beautiful in nature.

Years
I don't like driving so when I have to I don't really enjoy it so scenic views would be wasted on me. I also like to get where I'm going as fast as possible. I hate being late to things.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
When the main road is busy then I will usually take the more scenic route. Though sometimes I will take it anyways because it is much nicer than seeing a lot of cars and buildings if I have the time and gas to do so.

Years
When I walk, I usually take my usual route. Sometimes I'll take a different street if I'm feeling up for it; it usually doesn't add any time to do so, so why not?

My roommate avoids interstates at all costs. He'd rather take the route to my sister's town that's plagued with little towns where you have to drive slow, along with some occasional construction. He's a pain in my butt.

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
Years
as I am far to young to drive my Step dad makes the choice by getting there quicker by taking the normal route. If I could drive I'd take the scenic route. if we go for a family walk we would find the quickest way to a playpark so my step-sister could play.

Years
I do take the scenic route to work because although the motorways are shorter in distance, I hear that more accidents occur on the motorways even though statistics claim that it's safer to drive on them. I hear on the radio quite often that motorways are blocked due to accidents and such so I take the consistent, scenic route.

Years
I'd probably drive the scenic route, since I hate congestion and I love looking at everything I see.

Not to mention I'd also be as relaxed.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'd rather take the short route rather than the scenic route because I want to get to my destination faster. In some cases, the short route could even be scenic.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I like to take in the sights when I drive. Doesn't mean I'll take the scenic route though, because what I consider "scenic" probably wouldn't be considered scenic by 99% of the population (like rush hour gridlock in a big city; I doubt many people besides me would actually enjoy that xD)

But typically I like to take my time when traveling, so I'll actually be more apt to stop at stores, restaurants, motels, tourist traps, etc. while en route to my destination.

Back