• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolutions Discussion and Speculation

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I figured since not all Megas were introduced in the September Corocoro that I'll make this seperate thread.

What do you think of the Megas shown thus far?

Which one is your favorite? Least favorite? Do you even like the concept?

Which other Pokemon do you hope will get Mega Evolutions? How many do you think there'll be in total?
Do you want the following Megas to be introduced be focused solely on less used Pokemon? Or do you not care whether some OU and Ubers get them too?

Discuss.

blue

gucci
Years
I'm all for the Mega Evolution concept, at first I was a little hesitant towards the whole thing but now that time has passed and we've seen many more, I'm settled with the whole idea and I'm looking forward to using them in-game.

As for my favourite it would either have to be Mega Mawile or Mega Blastoise, they both have the most substantial aesthetic differences from their previous evolutions.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2018
I would really like a Mega Gengar. I don't think there's much that can be done to it in design since it's pretty basic (but still wonderful). But I do feel like they could pull something nice off. I would dedicate myself to getting a mega stone for gengar.

Mega Ampharos looks pretty dumb. Like a friend of mine said, it looks like it just tried to audition for Ru Paul's Drag race.
The mega lucario looks pretty decent though. I wouldn't say that it was changed too much, which is good. I'm not looking for extreme changes in design when it comes to mega evolutions.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
Im thinking eevee, itself, will get a mega Eeveelution. There were rumors stating eevee having two evolutions this generation. I know all the mega evolutions announced have all been about fully evolved pokemon, but considering eevee's unstable dna, a mega evveelution can still be possible. I don't know, whats your opinion?

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
I'm happy to see that Nintendo gave Mawile a chance at all despite being extremely underwhelmed in his base form. To me Mega Mawile looks the most original and appealing.
Mega Kangaskhan is my least favorite for obvious reasons. Kickin' a baby out of his jacked belly to fight for his or her mommy is kinda.. weird and unoriginal.

We've Mawile now in the spotlights, I'd like to see Jinx, Farfetch'd, Pinsir, Corsola, Shuckle, Milktank, Torkoal, Maractus, Skarmory, Chatot, Dunsparce, Smeargle, Pachirisu, Durant and Basculin getting Mega evolutions.

I'm not the type to gamble a count but I'd say between 50 and 70 Mega evolutions.
Not really a fan of the Mega evolutions but the concept and how they execute it was quite surprising even for Nintendo standards.
All in all, the only thing that dissapointed me in overall Mega evolution concept was that the Pokémons won't get their own names.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
tumblr_mssumpjphz1qfyz1jo1_500.jpg

This is the supposed list of what Pokemon are getting Mega Evolutions. One of which was revealed after this image has surfaced. While a few people have tried to disect this to prove its fake, Garchomp's recent add in supports this list.

I say we shouldn't rule this out completely, especially since none of the other rumors have been exceedingly far off base. While other rumors have had conflicting information in them, this one has a more solid defense.

Like all its easier to assume they are all false until proven otherwise, but this one seems to have more support than the other rumors right now.

This is an opinion of mine. I doubt half of the images on there would get Mega Evolutions, but its still a more solid rumor that we've gotten so far.

Guy

just a guy
Years
At first, I was extremey reserved about the whole concept. I honestly didn't know what to think, much less feel about mega evolutions. After the reveal of the Kanto starters, however, I began to warm up to them and really accept the idea of it all.

My biggest concern about certain Pokémon getting Mega Evolutions is whether or not it will remove the necessity of them gaining a new stage in evolution, whether it be evolved or pre-evolved. For instance, Mawile's mega evolution could have been a perfect and natural stage in evolution but was opted as a mega evolution instead. Does this mean Pokémon who obtain mega evolutions won't ever get their own natural evolution?

If so, I'd be a pretty disappointed.

Some of my favorites though are Mega Mawile, Mega Blastoise, Mega Charizard, Mega Blaziken, and Mega Lucario. I really like their designs and they feel natural, like if these Pokémon were to evolve again sans Mega Stones, that's what they would be.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 8, 2016
When I saw the idea of the Mega Evolutions, I just really think that was stupid, but, when some Mega Evos started to show, I liked it, like Mega Lucario, or Mega Blastoise. And now, I personally think that the Pokemon who I would like the most is Zangoose, it's design is SO BADASS but, his stats are pretty bad. A Mega Zangoose, with cooler claws and, dunno, maybe changing the fur color to a inverted one, Red fur and White ''scar''. And obviously an improved haircut. With more... hair. lol.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 13, 2013
I would really like a Mega Gengar. I don't think there's much that can be done to it in design since it's pretty basic (but still wonderful). But I do feel like they could pull something nice off. I would dedicate myself to getting a mega stone for gengar.

Mega Ampharos looks pretty dumb. Like a friend of mine said, it looks like it just tried to audition for Ru Paul's Drag race.
The mega lucario looks pretty decent though. I wouldn't say that it was changed too much, which is good. I'm not looking for extreme changes in design when it comes to mega evolutions.

they could use that old design from the 1st gen anime where they accidentally awakened that ancient gangar and alakazam. remember with all those cool tattoos over their bodies. that might be their mega forms

STEELDRAGON*

A Very Too Cool For School Charizard :)
Years
This is gonna be one, of the best generations of pokemon yet! My favorite mega evolution's so far are Charizard, and Blastiose. But hands down. Blastiose got the best mega evolution, ITS GOT BLASTERS ON ITS ARMS NOW!!! Now not only is it an awesome turtle, but its an awesome turtle that turns into an even AWESOMER TURTLE! Charizard looks awesome ALSO! Like I said before, they made an already awesome dragon and turned it into an EVEN AWESOMER DRAGON! I am also happy that mawhile got a mega evolution, its about time.

Years
I'm looking forward to MegaGardevoir and MegaGallade. Both should have very powerful Megas as they are Pokémon who can read their trainers feeling and fight for them as hard as they can according to their dex entries. Maybe they can have an ability called Bond which ups their highest offensive and defensive stat so they can hit harder and defend. I hope theirs are amongst the strongest due to said bond theme.

STEELDRAGON*

A Very Too Cool For School Charizard :)
Years
they could use that old design from the 1st gen anime where they accidentally awakened that ancient gangar and alakazam. remember with all those cool tattoos over their bodies. that might be their mega forms
I don't remember that episode, o well ill look it up later. :)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
At first, I was extremey reserved about the whole concept. I honestly didn't know what to think, much less feel about mega evolutions. After the reveal of the Kanto starters, however, I began to warm up to them and really accept the idea of it all.

My biggest concern about certain Pokémon getting Mega Evolutions is whether or not it will remove the necessity of them gaining a new stage in evolution, whether it be evolved or pre-evolved. For instance, Mawile's mega evolution could have been a perfect and natural stage in evolution but was opted as a mega evolution instead. Does this mean Pokémon who obtain mega evolutions won't ever get their own natural evolution?

If so, I'd be a pretty disappointed.

Some of my favorites though are Mega Mawile, Mega Blastoise, Mega Charizard, Mega Blaziken, and Mega Lucario. I really like their designs and they feel natural, like if these Pokémon were to evolve again sans Mega Stones, that's what they would be.

I think its just a, won't evolve further. I don't remember where, but I remember seeing its for Fully Evolved Pokemon only. So if they get a Mega Evolution they are considered to be fully evolved by the company...in a sense yes that kinda means they won't be adding more to them going forward, but nothing says they can't add to them going backwards, such as Pre-evolutions.

The Triple stage Pokemon we already knew couldn't evolve any further anyway as well.

MarioManH

top kek
Years
How come more people seem to be complaining about Garchamp getting a Mega than Mewtwo getting one (actually two different ones)? Mewtwo's more OP...
I don't see Mewtwo getting any major stat buffs at all from Mega Evolution, since it's already one of the strongest Pokemon out there. Maybe it gains a new move and it gets a little buff in Sp Attk/Attk based on which Mega Evolution it's in?

Years
I don't see Mewtwo getting any major stat buffs at all from Mega Evolution, since it's already one of the strongest Pokemon out there. Maybe it gains a new move and it gets a little buff in Sp Attk/Attk based on which Mega Evolution it's in?

Rumor has MegaMewtwo Y will be faster and have increased Sp. Atk while MegaMewtwo X is said to have increased attack...
so if true it'll be more OP. Btw we have yet to hear about Garchomps own stat increases...

Years
One big fear I have is that the Mega Evolutions will push out Pokemon without it to become even less popular.

And the power creep... I'm starting to lay off this idea but it's still a very likely possibility. Kind of coincides with my original idea, though.

Years
I wanted to see some Unova Megas in the october issue but I guess we have to discover that region's (and Kalos...if it has any as the rumor doesn't say...of course rumor could be false) Megas...

Back