• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Best Regional Team - Round Robin Tournament

Which Pokemon should be used to finish Ash's Kanto Team?

• Kingler

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Muk

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Tauros

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • DC
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024
Update: Tournament has started
http://public.bracketeers.com/matchup.php?id=840

*Sorry for the delay. Had to use an outside site for voting, and then had to get my 15 posts so I could post a link.

Discussion and results will still be here, just use the address to vote.

------------------------------------------

I've seen a lot of threads about which one of Ash's pokemon is his best. Or creating his All Star team. But I am interested in finding out which one of his regional teams is the best.

To find this out I am going to use the Polls to get YOUR votes, as each team competes against another in a round robin tournament.

The Rules:

1. No Pikachu - As he is in all of Ash's regions

2. Only Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh - 4 is a nice even number. Orange Islands is a "fake" region, that only borrows pokemon from Kanto and Johto, no major team change. No Unova, because its still new and his team is still developing.

3. Six iconic pokemon from each of his regional teams have been selected. (with the exception of the Kanto region, see below for how you can help) Post regional evolutions of a regional pokemon are accepted (i.e. Phanpy to Donphan happening in Hoenn instead of Johto)

4. Each team will face off against each other team, the winner is the team with the most victories. (I.E. - Kanto vs. Johto, Kanto vs. Hoenn, Kanto vs Sinnoh, Johto vs Hoenn, Johto vs. Sinnoh, Hoenn vs Sinnoh)

5. Each round of the round robin will last one week. You will vote for the winners using the poll. However, I also encourage you to feel free to write WHY you voted the way you did as a response to this topic. If you feel so inclined perhaps you might even give a description of how the battle goes. This way you can influence your fellow voters to see your opinion.
---------------------

For the first vote, please help me select the last pokemon on the Kanto team, this vote will end Sunday Feb 26th. Thus starting Monday will begin the first round.

Here are the regional teams:

Kanto Score - 0 Wins 0 Losses

1. Bulbasaur
2. Charizard
3. Squirtle
4. Pidgeot
5. Butterfree
6. Muk Edit - Selected via Poll over Kingler and Tauros

Johto Score - 0 Wins 0 Losses
1. Bayleaf
2. Quilava
3. Totodile
4. Noctowl
5. Donphan
6. Heracross (Chosen over Snorlax b/c it was actually caught in Johto)

Hoenn
Score - 0 Wins 0 Losses
1. Sceptile
2. Torkoal
3. Corphish
4. Swellow
5. Glalie
6. Aipom (Technically used more in Sinnoh, but caught in in Frontier and is needed to fill 6 pokemon)

Sinnoh
Score - 0 Wins 0 Losses
1. Torterra
2. Infernape
3. Buizel
4. Starraptor
5. Gliscor
6. Gible

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Round 1: Feb 27th- March 5th
(Review the teams and rules above before voting)

Kanto vs. Johto

Sinnoh vs. Hoenn

Use the comments to tell us how you think the battles would go.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 28, 2012
Definitely Muk since he actually killed another Pokemon.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Vote goes toward Muk, in the battle it took part in it had no problem taking out the pokemon as did Kingler. Chose Muk due to typing balance, we already have a water in Squirtle, and for me Tauros is way to generic considering the number there is. Would have picked Primeape but he wasn't included for whatever reason...

Also if I remember right Aipom wasn't caught in Hoenn but Kanto region, since the Kanto Grand Festival was the next episode I'd only assume they were in Kanto at the time. Not to mention I also thought BF was focused within the Kanto Region as well(would be more clear but I haven't watched this portion nor Slaking Kong in years.)

Muk killed another pokemon? This is news to me.

Years
  • DC
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024
Correct on Aipom. However there literally is no 6th pokemon to round out Hoenn, and Aipom is a 3rd Gen pokemon. Finally, the BF season did take place in Kanto, but used for the most part his Hoenn team and involves the Frontier Brains of the Hoenn region. If Im missing another Hoenn pokemon that Ash caught/befriended and battled with I could use that one but I couldn't think of one.

Concerning PrimeApe, wasn't he given up to be trained without ever even being battled with? I was looking for the Kanto pokemon that Ash battled with and made use of.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 28, 2012
In the Pokemon League Muk suffocated a chick's bellsprout. It was kinda sad to see it struggle inside of Muk's gunk and slowly die.

Eclispe

Beginning PsyDragon Master
Years
  • Seen Feb 29, 2012
I went with Tauros......<.< not a big fan of Krabby or Muk

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Correct on Aipom. However there literally is no 6th pokemon to round out Hoenn, and Aipom is a 3rd Gen pokemon. Finally, the BF season did take place in Kanto, but used for the most part his Hoenn team and involves the Frontier Brains of the Hoenn region. If Im missing another Hoenn pokemon that Ash caught/befriended and battled with I could use that one but I couldn't think of one.

Concerning PrimeApe, wasn't he given up to be trained without ever even being battled with? I was looking for the Kanto pokemon that Ash battled with and made use of.
Aipom is 2nd Gen pokemon. And no that is it for Hoenn.

Primeape competed with Ash in the P1 Grand Prix then gave it to Anthony. So he made use of it for a brief time.

In the Pokemon League Muk suffocated a chick's bellsprout. It was kinda sad to see it struggle inside of Muk's gunk and slowly die.
Muk did not kill Jeanette Fisher Bellspourt. Killing and Fainting are two different things. Bellspourt founded. Lucario in the movie and Latios in the movie died. So there is a difference.

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
I also picked Muk. Poison type when he already has a water type in Squirtle.
On paper his Sinnoh team is strongest but really I might say Johto.
I though really they each hold avantages and disavantages.

Tmskater1

Capitata
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 27, 2012
I vote Muk all the way. I mean Kingler is just kind of boring and Ash didn't even want Tauros. He just accidently caught them.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 28, 2012
Muk did not kill Jeanette Fisher Bellspourt. Killing and Fainting are two different things. Bellspourt founded. Lucario in the movie and Latios in the movie died. So there is a difference.

Okay, so he didn't actually kill Bellsprout, but it's still quite awesome for a pokemon to faint due to suffocation.

Years
  • DC
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024
@Danzor ... took me a second but once I figured it out I laughed, it was depressing to see the little sprout struggle

@arbok Hopefully enough people will vote to make it interesting. Since each team has to fight each other team, it may lead to a surprising result. Although Sinnoh certainly looks tough, I think it helps that some of his other teams evolved later on in other series. Johto wouldn't look as good if it was Phanpy and Cyndaquil instead of Donphan and Quilava

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2012
ash's shinoh team takes it all its just more well balanced pumped up and he as 4 fully evolved pokemon i was very surprised to the fact he didnt win the shinoh league but he won bf

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
@Danzor ... took me a second but once I figured it out I laughed, it was depressing to see the little sprout struggle

@arbok Hopefully enough people will vote to make it interesting. Since each team has to fight each other team, it may lead to a surprising result. Although Sinnoh certainly looks tough, I think it helps that some of his other teams evolved later on in other series. Johto wouldn't look as good if it was Phanpy and Cyndaquil instead of Donphan and Quilava
Johto was really good with Cyndaquil and Phanpy since those pokemon were pretty strong in Johto,Quilava and Donphan don't count since they weren't part of the Johto team in Johto. Cyndaquil should have never evolve to begin with since he was already powerfully strong enough as is, but they did wanted to promote the HeartGold & SoulSilver Games.

The Sinnoh team was a lot more stronger then the Hoenn team since Ash train a lot more in Sinnoh. The Sinnoh team was the first team to have only fully evolve pokemon to date to bad the Sinnoh league was horrible are we could have seen more of the old pokemon Ash have.

Last edited:
Back