• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Smash 4/7/2013 + April CoroCoro: Mewtwo's New Form!

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Honestly I quite enjoy the idea of this new form.

I think it looks cool. Then again, he just form changed from Cell to Buu, but that's beside the point.
Plus, it looks more organic. More natural. It shows Mewtwo's advancement and how he's getting closer to becoming the "perfect" pokemon. Honestly, I think it will fit into his storyline quite well. And for a pokemon to get a new form five generations later? That's actually pretty nice if you ask me. The oldies haven't been forgotten. Plus, it lets the younger kids see He Who Is Purple And God-Like.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So basically from what all I know is...Mewtwo can go into his version of Super Saiyan. Does anyone know what ability he uses to go into his new form?

Maybe it isn't an ability, and rather something he goes through w/ a specific item!

I hope it's something in the vein of what they did for Arceus in HG/SS. If we're just given an item or something by a mailman, then that's going to be pretty underwhelming. I don't necessarily have my hopes up high for how it'll be done, but at least make it sort of memorable. You know?

yeahh, so maybe later on in the game we could come across it awakening once we've got the event??

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Mewtwo's new forme looks interesting, and I'm sure there will be something different about this forme. My guess is that their stats will look different. Maybe this will be a more defensive legendary Pokemon like Lugia, or a strong physically attacking Psychic-type such as Gallade? My other guess is that it will learn a signature move which performs the opposite effect to Psystrike when it reaches Level 100 (in other words a physical move that target's the foe's Special Defense stat).

Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
How do we think mew two's form change will occur?

As revealed in the new Pokemon movie we see him change form on his own under the stress of a powerful opponent does this mean that for the form change will be "in a pinch" like Darmanitan

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
No idea. It's definitely an interesting side discussion. Very possible, too! Though I'm not sure I like that it only happens in a pinch, i.e. when weak.

Cyclone

Guy

just a guy
Years
More times than most, the reason behind a Pokémon altering its form in the anime is usually different than how its done in the games. I'm guessing we'll probably need an item for Mewtwo to be able to transform into its Awakened Form. There could always be the possibility of a new ability or move that triggers the transformation too.

PS. Merged your thread here where discussion on Mewtwo's new form is already taking place, Photonman.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
There could also be a cave of some sort where it could awaken in, but idk. There's a lot of options there where it could awaken...

...maybe even from gen 5's Dream World and magically transport here??

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'm assuming that it will be some sort of item that will change it's form. Probably something similar to Giratina's Griseous Orb, that when held it changes its form as well as boosting it's STAB moves. If not, maybe something similar to the meteors for the different Deoxys forms?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I think Mewtwo will probably just be beaten up by Genesect and then change formes in order to beat it and protect the city or Ash & co. iirc Giratina could change formes at will whenever it entered the Distortion World, so in the anime it doesn't seem they need items.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
But in the games, it's different somehow. Giratina needs the Griseous Orb, and I'm willing to bet that Mewtwo would need an item of some sort to transform, regardless of what the anime shows. u___u

Well, Gen 4's are pretty accurate. Giratina needs the Griseous orb only outside of the Torn World. Which was true in the Movie as Giratina switches forms between the two worlds from Origin to Altered. Shaymin also needed to be in contact with the flower during the day in order to maintain his form.

Best comparison would be Deoxys and Kyurem who have drasticly different changes in game than in Movie as both can freely switch between forms while in the games they need Item/Games and Item/Pokemon to change forms.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I see Deoxys formes being more location than item. Rotom is more item without the actual item xD. Hopefully Mewtwo's formes will be like Deoxys (I don't see it entering anything...very like that there'll be no Rotomesk transformation for Mewtwo).

Now what could that other forme that's suppose to be in the hexagon be?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I see Deoxys formes being more location than item. Rotom is more item without the actual item xD. Hopefully Mewtwo's formes will be like Deoxys (I don't see it entering anything...very like that there'll be no Rotomesk transformation for Mewtwo).

Now what could that other forme that's suppose to be in the hexagon be?

There probably isn't another since this forme is getting all the hype. Its probably Mewtwo and the new Mewtwo form IF they post anything in it.

I see either an attack or an item since Mewtwo simply changes in the movie.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I think an attack akin to Relic Song for Meloetta would be a cool thing. Maybe some lower based power Psychic move to change forms would be fun.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Agreeing with this! I'm thinking that Mewtwo might gain a special attack of some sort with this form change~! I'm thinking...Psyblast, maybe? A base 120 Psychic-type move, and utilizing it allows it to transform into it's Awakened form, or would that be a bit too much?

Actually since Mewtwo takes his time and puts his hands over his chest to either focus or look like he's in prayer, why not a stat enhancing attack rather than a damaging one?

Like a special Stat enhancing one that raises X stat and then changes to Awakened form?

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Actually since Mewtwo takes his time and puts his hands over his chest to either focus or look like he's in prayer, why not a stat enhancing attack rather than a damaging one?

Like a special Stat enhancing one that raises X stat and then changes to Awakened form?

That'd be a cool implementation. Maybe just raise it's Special Attack by one stage, plus give it the form change? It'd definitely be cool to see. Or if it appears to be focusing, maybe the Special Attack gain plus it has the same effects of Focus Energy, since, well, it's focusing?

Back