• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 10, 2015
Donavannj, I feel bad about you handling all the queries in these threads, but there are just sooo many. I will try to help, but perhaps there is a more efficient way? Some sort of central reference to handle the really tedious stuff like 100 common fossil cards, etc.

Ok full art zekrom: $10
Ancient mew: with packaging $4, without packaging $1.

Regarding the long lists of commons, uncommons, and rares:
If a card has a common rarity, i.e. a circle on the bottom right corner, it will not fetch you more than 10 cents, regardless of what set it is from.

If it is uncommon, i.e. the diamond in the bottom right corner, you could get 20 cents.

Rare, which is a plain black star and no holofoil on the card, will go between 75 cents to $1.

Holographic rares, lvl X's, ex's, full arts, 1st edition cards, special promos, and secret rare cards are the only ones with individual prices. That being said, I hope everyone will revise their lists so that donavannj and anyone else will not be overwhelmed with picking through hundreds of common cards.

Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2012
I'll get to the cards you three have posted later this week.

Finally someone else who's helping with pricing! Out of curiosity, where are you seeing that price?

If I had to guess (since I've been having trouble finding some for sale on eBay), I'd say they'd fetch between $10 and $20 based on the price of the English one.

So yea I found those prices varying in that range on ebay and amazon.

Years
So yea I found those prices varying in that range on ebay and amazon.

I do think those asking for $10 are being quite a bit on the optimistic side, personally. Though that's because I know how it's been priced through the last couple of years (and that being because it's been asked about so very often).

Donavannj, I feel bad about you handling all the queries in these threads, but there are just sooo many. I will try to help, but perhaps there is a more efficient way? Some sort of central reference to handle the really tedious stuff like 100 common fossil cards, etc.

Ok full art zekrom: $10
Ancient mew: with packaging $4, without packaging $1.

Regarding the long lists of commons, uncommons, and rares:
If a card has a common rarity, i.e. a circle on the bottom right corner, it will not fetch you more than 10 cents, regardless of what set it is from.

If it is uncommon, i.e. the diamond in the bottom right corner, you could get 20 cents.

Rare, which is a plain black star and no holofoil on the card, will go between 75 cents to $1.

Holographic rares, lvl X's, ex's, full arts, 1st edition cards, special promos, and secret rare cards are the only ones with individual prices. That being said, I hope everyone will revise their lists so that donavannj and anyone else will not be overwhelmed with picking through hundreds of common cards.

I will be implementing stricter posting rules sometime this week. Probably tomorrow night. And I'll probably be using the content you posted when I do update.

Though don't early set (as in, Neo Revelations or earlier) common cards fetch closer to $0.50 each?

Yes, thats the symbol, what makes munna look fake?
and if the maractus and munna arent fake, what are they worth individually?

Yes, thats the symbol, what makes munna look fake?
and if the maractus and munna arent fake, what are they worth individually?

I wont even bother with better pics, those are the best i could get, atleast of maractus and munna. the new holofoil makes pictures almost impossible, atleast with my phone camera.

The way the foil appears on Munna doesn't match the way reverse foils from that set SHOULD appear. At least from the picture. Could you maybe borrow someone's camera? It looks like you have an older cameraphone, based on the graininess of the pictures.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 10, 2015
BeliVuk: the price has been fluctuating due to the zekrom deck being more or less popular with players. Now that we are approaching regionals, nationals, and worlds, prices for playable cards will be steadily rising.

Donavannj: Perhaps just a short guide based on rarity symbols in the original post, so people can refer to it when they are wondering about mass common cards?
To alleviate some of the questions about shiny cards people pull from packs, I was thinking of making a thread that would include what the popular cards are and their values. I find a lot of the questions are really just people wanting to know if they pulled anything good in their packs, and it might also be handy for people who want to know what cards are being played. I can update it every once in a while to keep it current. What do you think?
p.s. as for the neo sets, the overall sets and the rare cards are more rare than some other sets, but I find that for commons and uncommons the difference is pretty much negligible. The rarest commons and uncommons come from the Eseries, because there was a smaller print run. Still, the difference may not be worth mentioning.

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2012
Zekrom 114/114 full artwork, mint condition. Just got it today.

307837.jpg

Got a little silver/white star next to 114.

Try ripping one of the commons you got in the pack, it shouldn't rip too easily if it's real. Also when you break it there should be an in betweent the image and the cardboard, if there is then it's fake.

Yeah it ripped with almost no effort. Fake :(
that mean the whole pack(s) is/are fake?

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2016
Just wondering how much 1st edition base set cards have inflated in roughly 7 years.

Here is a website with each card's value in both Unlimited and 1st edition form but this site was last updated 02/12/2004. They've stated Charizard 1st is worth $80.00 and Blastoise is worth $50.00 and i assume it's the US dollar.

I am contemplating buying a single base set 1st edition booster pack which is over $200 bucks but i want to be chasing cards that are worth over that amount.

Here is the website.

http://www.pojo.com/priceguide/usbasic.html

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 10, 2015
Pojo is completely out-dated, when it says last updated in 2004 they really mean it :/
Prices for base set cards are honestly all over the place. Unlimited base cards are not expensive at all, while 1st edition shadowless holo's still fetch those 2004 prices, especially charizard. For the ones in the middle, 1st edition non-shadowless, it completely depends on which pokemon it is. Charizard, being the most popular, can get up to $50, with the prices for the others going down from there.

Now, if you are considering buying a 1st edition booster pack just to open it: DON'T DO IT! The distribution of holo cards in the base set era is terrible, you will not get a charizard, a blastoise, not even clefairy. The only reason why those are so valuable is because they are sealed, not because you might get something good. Just buy singles.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2016
Pojo is completely out-dated, when it says last updated in 2004 they really mean it :/
Prices for base set cards are honestly all over the place. Unlimited base cards are not expensive at all, while 1st edition shadowless holo's still fetch those 2004 prices, especially charizard. For the ones in the middle, 1st edition non-shadowless, it completely depends on which pokemon it is. Charizard, being the most popular, can get up to $50, with the prices for the others going down from there.

Now, if you are considering buying a 1st edition booster pack just to open it: DON'T DO IT! The distribution of holo cards in the base set era is terrible, you will not get a charizard, a blastoise, not even clefairy. The only reason why those are so valuable is because they are sealed, not because you might get something good. Just buy singles.

Thanks, you've really gotten me off the idea. I will buy 1st edition singles in the base set but anything normally priced like 1st edition jungle or fossil packs i'll still buy :)..

Years
Card: Emboar.
Set: Black and White: Next Destinies.
Collector's Number: 100/99
First Edition?: No.
Shadowless?: No.

Also, the description reads: This extremely rare Pokemon is a different colors than usual. It is very hard to find.

Perhaps it's a shiny? Though, I don't even know if Shinies are as rare as they are in the games.

100-emboar-next-destinies.jpg

Last edited:
Years
Card: Emboar.
Set: Black and White: Next Destinies.
Collector's Number: 100/99
First Edition?: No.
Shadowless?: No.

Also, the description reads: This extremely rare Pokemon is a different colors than usual. It is very hard to find.

Perhaps it's a shiny? Though, I don't even know if Shinies are as rare as they are in the games.

100-emboar-next-destinies.jpg
That currently fetches between $15 and $20. It's numbering and art style mean it's a secret rare card.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
First post, thanks for this thread donavannj. Read this and some other theother thread to know how to ask, hope i dont noob it up.

Just bought a large lot of cards, 749 in total. Cards are from base, jungle,fossil, rocket, and base2. Wanted to ask the worth on a few.

Base: ( all holo and shadow) 1st edition machamp 8/102, gyarados 6/102,nidoking 11/102, zapdos 16/102, alakazam 1/102

(Trainer cards) super energy removal79/102, imposter prof oak 73/102,clefairy doll 70/102, pokemon breeder 76/102, item finder 74/102

Jungle: (all holo) electrode 2/64, kangaskhan 5/64, mr. mime 6/64, pidgeot8/64, snorlax 11/64

Fossil: hypno 8/62, dragonite 4/62, lapras 10/62, articuno 2/62

Rocket: holo dark weezing 14/82 & rainbow energy 80/82

Are non holo 1st editions worth mentioning? I have a 1st edition hypno 23/62from fossil, and other 1st editions from jungle/fossil that are either common or uncommon cards.

Are promo cards worth anything? Have a mew 8, mewtwo 14, pikachu 4,electabuzz 2, and a holo dark persian 17.

Finally, I have a 1996 japanese pocket monsters trainer card. Its a rare,has the black star in bottom right. Also has 2 other white stars on it, one ontop of the other. Wish I had 15 posts to put a pic up.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 10, 2015
Those Jungle, Fossil, Rocket, and Base 2 holo's are going to be worth about $2-3 a piece, assuming they are absolutely mint. 1st edition is not worth mentioning if they are not holo. The 1st edition machamp is worth less than the other base set holo's because it came in a starter deck, not in booster packs. It's maybe $2-3. The gyarados is about $4, alakazam $6, nidoking $5, zapdos $5. The trainers are <$1, those black star promos are between $1-3, and I don't know about the Japanese trainer, you'll have to describe it in more detail.

Gengar prime is super cheap right now, consistently selling at only $5 on ebay. I'd hold onto it in case the value goes back up, it can't really get much worse than it is now.
Mew prime is doing better at around $10-15.

RockHardSemi

Lv 53
Years
How much is Charizard 146/144 from Skyridge?

I bought that as well as a holo Kabutops (in the same auction) for £10. I like Charizard and thought of collecting the many different Charizard cards. However I saw it fetching over £100 on eBay and was quite surprised.

Condition's pretty good, near mint.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 10, 2015
Crystal pokemon go for way more, and charizard is up there in terms of the most expensive ones. Completed auctions show a huge discrepancy in sales, selling from at a minimum of $60 (Canadian) to $120. They shouldn't be much more than £100 unless they are PSA graded. But yeah, that was a good buy.

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2012
Japanese totodile 40 HP
Japanese Grimer 50 HP
Japanese Trainer Card of a lady holding a amster ball
Professor Elms training methord with a big blue E in the bottom and a bold yellow outline instead of the normal yellow
Japanese Sparrow 50HP
Japanese Ekan with a blu haired trainer
Dark Vaporeon
Dark Raticate
Japanese Cubone
Japanese Ghastly with a Black haired lady in corner
Japanese evolution of meowth
Japanese Butterfly thing from older pokemon
Japanese female nido thing
Blaines Charmander and Charmeleon
Team Magmas Rhyhorn
Lt. Surges Sparrow
German scyther
Magmortar LV.X
Shiny Typhlosion 100 HP knows flaemburst
EX Emerald Exloud
Crystal guardians dugtrio
Team Aquas Carvanha
Misty's Horsea and Goldeen
Spoink with the blue e and weird outline
All delta species have basic and the circle the lower evolution goes in?
Light Sunflora and Light Dewgong
Japanese trainer with a group of pokemon including snorlax hitmonlee arbok machamp etc
Celebi EX
metal and phsyic jirachi
japanese raichou
articuno red hp
Azelf
Brocks primeape
zapdos red hp
dark weezing
Shiny rampardos
Swampert crystal guardians earth
shiny machamp
shiny victreebel
crystal guardians fire and metal shiny kingler
dark golduck red hp
japanese lt surge pikachu
dark kadabra
2 different dark houndooms
metal jirachi
shiny beautifly
japanese shiny poliwhirl
shiny dustox
dark falffy
japanese shiny snorlax
japanese shiny togechic
shiny kabuto red hp
shiny altaria
weezing with the blue e
shiny honchrow
blastoise ex
marshtomp crystal guardians shiny
swampert shiny
mew red hp
light slowbro red hp
mew ex
dark pupitar and tyrannitar
shiny haunter red hp

alot of the orginal design trainers and red hp pokemon

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2012
Hey everyone, I have a lot of cards and i'm really curious to have them checked out so I don't get screwed over on em. I'll post a video of it too. But things included are:

1st edition French and German Charizard.
1st edition Dark Charizard
Promotional Venusaur.
1st edition Tortank(Blastoise just not sure what language it is.)
Pre release Dark Gyrados as well as pre release Aerodactyl(1st edition).
1st edition french Chansey 120 HP
1st edition Dragonite 100 HP
Shiny Mew 50 HP
Most of the legendary Pokemon(Entei, Lugia ext.)
All holo trainer cards
I also have two of Blaine's Arcanine in Japanese. I can't tell the difference between the two but one has a star at the bottom and one does not. Any reason why?
Houndour
Houndoom.

Lastly I have some crazy trainer cards that look handwritten and then slapped on a card. I've seen them on Ebay for $25 a piece but not sure if it is accurate.

Ah, I can't post the link because I don't have 15 posts on here yet. But if you go to youtube and type in "dann2191" my video should pop right up.
Thanks,

Daniel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back