• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2012
Hey everyone, I have a lot of cards and i'm really curious to have them checked out so I don't get screwed over on em. I'll post a video of it too. But things included are:

1st edition French and German Charizard.
1st edition Dark Charizard
Promotional Venusaur.
1st edition Tortank(Blastoise just not sure what language it is.)
Pre release Dark Gyrados as well as pre release Aerodactyl(1st edition).
1st edition french Chansey 120 HP
1st edition Dragonite 100 HP
Shiny Mew 50 HP
Most of the legendary Pokemon(Entei, Lugia ext.)
All holo trainer cards
I also have two of Blaine's Arcanine in Japanese. I can't tell the difference between the two but one has a star at the bottom and one does not. Any reason why?
Houndour
Houndoom.

Lastly I have some crazy trainer cards that look handwritten and then slapped on a card. I've seen them on Ebay for $25 a piece but not sure if it is accurate.

Ah, I can't post the link because I don't have 15 posts on here yet. But if you go to youtube and type in "dann2191" my video should pop right up.
Thanks,

Daniel.

Dark charizard 10 if norm 20 if holo
French charizard if psa rated can go for 250 if not 100
german charizard 50 if not psa rated 175 if psa rated
venasaur 80 if you have the set about 20 indiviually
blastoise if shadowless holo about 80 psa rated about 20 if not psa and not shadowless/holo (english version)
gyrados and aerodactyl about 2.5
which mew? if japanese can go for 350 if mcdonalds promo etc normal shiny jap mew about 45
10ish per legendary
trainers 50 cents to 2 dollars a piece
5bucks if first edition and psa mint then about 30
most likely fake if you want u can do the rip test

175.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Those "handwritten" trainers may not be fake if they are Japanese. There were a few promotional cards released in a handwritten style in Japan way back in the day. Please upload pictures of them as attachments to your next post, Dan2291.

To everyone else: I've been too busy and too drained of energy of late to do any pricing. PLEASE REFRAIN from asking about commons and uncommons.

Years
  • Seen May 5, 2012
I have a few cards here (These were just a few first edition cards I grabbed from my pile) that I can't find a price for. If you guys could help that would be awesome!

Card 1:
-Dark Flareon
-First Generation Team Rocket
-35/82
-NOT Holographic
-First Edition
(I know this is an Uncommon, but where it was a 1st edition I thought I'd post it)

Card 2:
-Porygon
-48/82
-NOT Holographic
-First Edition
(I know this is an Uncommon, but where it was a 1st edition I thought I'd post it)

Card 3:
-Seaking
-First Generation Jungle
-46/64
-NOT Holographic
-First Edition

Card 4:
-Machamp
-First Generation
-8/102
-Holographic
-First Edition

Card 5:
-Dark Hypno
-9/82
-Holographic
-First Edition

Attached is the picture of the 5 cards.

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2012
Just curious, How would I get cards PSA rated? And what does it cost to do it?

I'm not gonna lie, most of the Charizard's aren't in mint condition. Theres several scratches but no significant damage to the card. Based off of that what do you think is a fair asking price? Because I've been getting offers all week for the Charizard collection I have but i'm not sure if i'm getting ripped off or not.
Also, I have several of the promotional cards but probably not the whole set.
The Mew is in Japanese and shiny all over and i also have a paper case for the card that has a bunch of japanese promotional stuff on it.

The japanese handwritten feature a person called "imakuni" I believe. It's a trainer card, a pass card, two extra rule cards and a couple cards that don't even look pokemon related. I bought them as a set for $25 at a card show about 10 years ago.

I found these Japanese handwritten cards on Ebay. And I would post it for you to see but the post limit doesn't allow me too. lol I lost the chord for my camera and I'm in the process of looking for it so I can just upload the pictures.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2012
Hey, I've got a whole folder filled with my Pokemon cards and I'm thinking about selling my rarest ones. I'll start of with some of my favorites that I think could be worth a lot

EX Crystal Guardians: Charizard δ 032/075 JAPANESE and 1ST EDITION
Neo Destiny 4: Shining Celebi (Triple Star) 106/105
Neo Genesis: Skarmory 13/111 1ST EDITION
EX Emerald: Blaziken 1/106. (The EX Emerald title is in the picture and has Pokeball styled holograph design)
Fossil 3 legendary birds Articuno 2/62, Zapdos 15/62, Moltres 12/62
Rocket's Suicune EX 105/109
Rocket's Articuno EX 96/109
Platinum – Rising Rivals: Flying Pikachu 113/111

Wizards Black Star Promos
Pikachu 1
Electabuzz 2
Mewtwo 3
Pikachu 4
Dragonite 5
Surfing Pikachu 25
Flying Pikachu 28
Meowth 10 (Has GB in the bottom right of the picture)

If you want pictures, I'll add them soon and I'll add more cards later after these cards are valued.

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2012
Basic 1st Edition Complete Mint Set

I pulled my box of old Basic 1st Edition cards from the closet and am probably looking to liquidate. All of the cards came right from packs into penny sleeves. After compiling a number of sets back in the day, the remaining cards (~800, but includes about 150 energy) were put in a box and closed up since 1999.

Part of the collection is one complete set including a number of errors (red and yellow cheek, Blastoise, Kakuna, Bulbasaur, Caterpie, matapod, Sandshrew, Voltorb, Vulpix). All of these are in penny sleeves and top loaders and are in new condition.

What would a complete set like this fetch ungraded?

I was considering grading the complete set - understanding that it would normally not be prudent to grade many of these cards. However, if a complete PSA 10 graded set of Basic 1st edition came available, what would it be worth?

Would any of the cards lower than rares be worth grading?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
Good looking Rocket_Executive, I greatly appreciate it.

I was thinking about adding up the full market value of all the cards, and putting them on ebay for half of that; poor or decent decision?

The double star Japanese Pocket Monsters Trainer card I have shows a room with a green tint to it and in the room there there is a large structure. The structure has a glass case with a pokeball being struck by electric bolts in it, with electrical wires and components attached to the encasing; if I had to guess it looks like a pokeball in a recharge station, like to heal the wounded pokemon inside.

Years
I pulled a Next Destinies Full Art Regigas EX 99/99 how much is that worth?

That fetches between $15 and $20.

Hey, I've got a whole folder filled with my Pokemon cards and I'm thinking about selling my rarest ones. I'll start of with some of my favorites that I think could be worth a lot

EX Crystal Guardians: Charizard δ 032/075 JAPANESE and 1ST EDITION
Neo Destiny 4: Shining Celebi (Triple Star) 106/105
Neo Genesis: Skarmory 13/111 1ST EDITION
EX Emerald: Blaziken 1/106. (The EX Emerald title is in the picture and has Pokeball styled holograph design)
Fossil 3 legendary birds Articuno 2/62, Zapdos 15/62, Moltres 12/62
Rocket's Suicune EX 105/109
Rocket's Articuno EX 96/109
Platinum – Rising Rivals: Flying Pikachu 113/111

Wizards Black Star Promos
Pikachu 1
Electabuzz 2
Mewtwo 3
Pikachu 4
Dragonite 5
Surfing Pikachu 25
Flying Pikachu 28
Meowth 10 (Has GB in the bottom right of the picture)

If you want pictures, I'll add them soon and I'll add more cards later after these cards are valued.

I'll get to these later. Maybe. Might be too late for you, but I've been busy and may be busy again.

I pulled my box of old Basic 1st Edition cards from the closet and am probably looking to liquidate. All of the cards came right from packs into penny sleeves. After compiling a number of sets back in the day, the remaining cards (~800, but includes about 150 energy) were put in a box and closed up since 1999.

Part of the collection is one complete set including a number of errors (red and yellow cheek, Blastoise, Kakuna, Bulbasaur, Caterpie, matapod, Sandshrew, Voltorb, Vulpix). All of these are in penny sleeves and top loaders and are in new condition.

What would a complete set like this fetch ungraded?

I was considering grading the complete set - understanding that it would normally not be prudent to grade many of these cards. However, if a complete PSA 10 graded set of Basic 1st edition came available, what would it be worth?

Would any of the cards lower than rares be worth grading?

The lower rarity cards may not be worth grading. PSA grading is about $30 per card, iirc.

I'm seeing full first edition sets posted at $800, but I think that's a couple hundred dollars too high, myself, even if they're in mint condition.

Good looking Rocket_Executive, I greatly appreciate it.

I was thinking about adding up the full market value of all the cards, and putting them on ebay for half of that; poor or decent decision?

The double star Japanese Pocket Monsters Trainer card I have shows a room with a green tint to it and in the room there there is a large structure. The structure has a glass case with a pokeball being struck by electric bolts in it, with electrical wires and components attached to the encasing; if I had to guess it looks like a pokeball in a recharge station, like to heal the wounded pokemon inside.

That'd be the most likely way to get them off of your hands, that's for sure. You may be selling yourself short a bit, though.

Below is the card. It's not worth very much at all.

displayimage.php

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2017
Help with pricing up my cards

Hi everyone,

I am selling my Pokémon cards - but unsure what price I should charge, but also some cards not sure what they're called.

There's a few cards which I don't know what they are, Here a description.

• Japanese card of: Clefairy (No. 036)
Growlithe (No.058)

• Has "Kids WB presents Pokémon The first movie" in the picture
o Electabuzz (Promo)
o Pikachu (Promo)

• Mewtwo (Promo) – Has 14 in bottom right corner.

• A number of cards which have 'Topps Chrome' on the top left corner
o Also has TV animation edition on the backs

• Mewtwo strikes back cards

• 'Pokémon Gotta catch 'em all! ' Numbers 10, 2, 12 of 12
o Topps Trading cards

• Pikachu's Vacation card – New friends and farewells

• Mewtwo Strikes back collectable movie scenes

Below is a list of the cards (they are all rare - have a *) along with their card number. They are also all from the base set.

If any can tell me any good websites to look at or even better the rough price of the card, you will make me very happy.
Thanks,

List:

1. Charizard 3/110

2. Haunter 21/62

3. Electrode 21/102

4. Trainer scoop up 104/110

5. Trainer Lass 75/102

6. Dragonair 22/130

7. Jolteon 20/64

8. Magneton 28/110

9. Dark Blastoise 4/110

10. Trainer super energy removal 79/102

11. Trainer pokemon breeder 76/102

12. Mr.Mime 22/64

13. Beedrill 21/130

14. Trainer Clefairy doll 70/102

15. Dugtrio 23/130

16. Dark dugtrio 23/82

17. Articuno 2/110

18. Dark Machamp 27/82

19. Brook's Rhydon 2/132

20. Poliwrath 15/130

21. Kangaskhan 5/64

22. Magneton 28/110

23. Dark Raichu 7/110

24. Zapdos 30/62

25. Victreebel 30/62

26. Pinsir 29/130

27. Dark Slowbro 29/82

28. Pidgeotto 28/130

29. Wigglytuff 19/130

30. Lapras 10/62

31. Chansey 3/130

32. Dragonite 19/62

33. Snorlax 27/64

34. Dark hypno 9/82

35. Vaporeon 12/64

36. Haunter 6/62

37. Mewtwo 10/102

38. Hitmonchan 7/102

39. Gyarados 6/102

40. Electabuzz 20/102

41. Clefiary 5/102

42. Alakazam 1/102

43. Ninetales 12/102

44. Machamp 8/102

45. Magneton 9/102

46. Ninetales 12/102

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2012
New to the site, used to collect these cards, and now wondering what the value of them might be...
Note: ALL of the following cards are Holographic/Holofoil

Giovanni's Persian 8/132
Flareon 3/64 1st edition
Clefable 5/130 2nd edition
Poliwrath 13/102
Clefairy 6/130 2nd edition
Dark Arbok 2/82
Dark Charizard 4/82
Pocket Monster Lt Surge's Magneton No. 082 Lv. 30
And my prized possession:
Pocket Monster Blaine's Moltres No. 146 Lv. 44

Any help is appreciated!

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2012
Hi to everyone! I'm looking for somebody who will help me in calculating how much my cards are worth. I'm just selling my old collection from my childhood and I really don't know anything about those cards. Below I made a small list of my rare cards, and to make it easier I made also photos of my collection to recognize cards easier. If I think correctly, most of them are from basic set. Thanks in advance for any help!

Photos: dl.dropbox.com/u/26283946/foto.zip

Charizard (holographic)
Blastoise (holographic)
Beedrill
Pidgeotto
Raichu (holographic)
Nidoqueen
Nidoking (holographic)
Ninetales (holographic)
Wigglytuff (holographic)
Dugtrio
Poliwrath (holographic)
Alakazam (holographic)
Machamp (holographic)
Victreebel (holographic)
Magneton (holographic)
Gengar (holographic)
Hypno (holographic)
Electrode
Hitmonchan (holographic)
Chansey (holographic)
Electabuzz
Gyarados (holographic)
Lapras (holographic)
Vaporeon (holographic)
Kabutops (holographic)
Zapdos (holographic)
Dragonair
Mewtwo (holographic)
Misty's Cloyster
Brock's Onix
Lt. Surge's Raichu
Giovanni's NIdoking (holographic)
Koga's Pidgeotto
Dark Weezing

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2012
Complete shadowless pokemon base set

was just wondering if anybody could help me value these? or reccommend a good place to sell them? ebay is a last resort, the prices vary so much!

Years
  • Seen May 5, 2012
Desperately need help here.

I've always loved pokemon, played every game up til pearl since I was a kid. Went to a very conservative christian school and the cards were banned because of the use of the word "evolution."

I've always been fascinated with them because of this and I found some 1996 Pocket Monsters cards at a garage sale for 50c a card. many are holographic, but the one that caught my eye was the Mew.

I don't necessarily need a price estimate for this, but that would be great. mostly I'm looking for where the hell I can find more info on these cards? how do I tell it's a first edition? I'd post a picture but the forum won't let me.

Years
Try uploading it as an attachment to your next post.

I'd recommend buying all the holographic ones you can, as those are the rarest, and if they're in good condition you can usually make a small profit off of selling them on eBay, since they're so cheap at that garage sale. And that Mew is probably worth the buy for your collection.

I used to have some pages you could use to check for reference on checking everything on them, but I don't have those bookmarked anymore.

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net does have all sorts of information on the individual cards when you use the search function, though.

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
Years
I think I've seen it as non-valuable before but I wanna double check.

Wizard's Promo Dragonite for Pokemon the First Movie?

(The one with the Gold stamp in the corner of the picture.)

Years
  • Seen May 5, 2012
Try uploading it as an attachment to your next post.

I'd recommend buying all the holographic ones you can, as those are the rarest, and if they're in good condition you can usually make a small profit off of selling them on eBay, since they're so cheap at that garage sale. And that Mew is probably worth the buy for your collection.

I used to have some pages you could use to check for reference on checking everything on them, but I don't have those bookmarked anymore.

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net does have all sorts of information on the individual cards when you use the search function, though.

View attachment 64362

i hope that worked. i'm new at this, but I noticed this happens to be a numbered card. the other holos are not numbered, which seems to be a promo thing from what I've been able to find. Ledyba, Slowking, Marill, and Togepi. Another weird thing I noticed is they don't seem to have the marks on the bottom right corners like all the US versions do that denote rarity of the print.

edit: according to bulbapedia it is from the southern islands 1 expansion set and is listed at 10$ on ebay. pretty cool buy

Last edited:
Years
I think I've seen it as non-valuable before but I wanna double check.

Wizard's Promo Dragonite for Pokemon the First Movie?

(The one with the Gold stamp in the corner of the picture.)

TrollandToad sells it for $0.59 (so not valuable at all), but if it's still completely sealed, it goes for a bit more ($2-$4).

View attachment 64362

i hope that worked. i'm new at this, but I noticed this happens to be a numbered card. the other holos are not numbered, which seems to be a promo thing from what I've been able to find. Ledyba, Slowking, Marill, and Togepi. Another weird thing I noticed is they don't seem to have the marks on the bottom right corners like all the US versions do that denote rarity of the print.

edit: according to bulbapedia it is from the southern islands 1 expansion set and is listed at 10$ on ebay. pretty cool buy

Cool. Seems you found it. That set is actually a pretty rare find, being a limited promo set and all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back