• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Remake Firered/Leafgreen, BUT...

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
...this time, make the player go through Johto after beating the Kanto Region's Elite Four (Lorelei, Bruno Agatha, Lance, Green) then you go to Johto, battle the eight leaders there with their level 50-60-70 pokemon, get another eight badges, beat the Johto League (Will, Koga, Bruno, Karen and Lance) then go to Mount Silver and battle Steven, who's there because he's heard of there being rare stones on the mountain

and of course you can catch Mewtwo, the Legendary Birds, the Legendary Beasts and Ho-Oh/Lugia, depending on the version

and maybe toss in a cameo by the Hoenn gym leader Norman, who's moving to Hoenn?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I've said it at least 15 times this year, and I'll say it again. I am TIRED of Kanto. I would not want to see this. Yeah, I'd buy it. I'm OCD about having all the main games, but still...maybe I'm just burnt out on seeing these types of threads every month, so now I'm completely bitter on the subject. v_v lol I really do think you guys conspire against me!

Pinta77

Yeah, I'd buy it. I'm OCD about having all the main games,

Me too. It irritates me that I don't have black or white version though. Honestly, I think I'm gonna go buy it this weekend. I want to have it before b2/w2 comes out.

But I have to agree, no more Kanto! Nintendo is very good at running things into the ground, like kirby, mario party, and Pokemon if they make another Kanto game.

Years
I wouldn't really want a FR/LG remake since Kanto appears WAY TOO MUCH not to mention it's overrated.

A Hoenn remake would be much nicer.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I don't think they would and if they do then, that's silly. They would be remaking a remake. The games already have good enough graphics and one reason they remade Red and Blue is because not alot of gen1 Pokemon were available on Ruby and Sapphire. Plus it's a classic and they wanted old fans to return to the franchise and reminisce about playing Red and Blue. But it would be unnecessary at the moment since you can easily get all the Pokemon from previous gens through transfer and trading. Plus I've explored Kanto 4 TIMES ALREADY and I'm tired of it frankly. I don't want to explore it a 5th time.

A Hoenn remake would be better.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
So it would be reversed G/S/C/SS/HG... how... original...
I gotta agree with everyone here, no more Kanto as region, no more Kanto starters, no more only Kanto Pokémon.
They are loved just because they were first and we all have nice memories of them.
But because of that we neglect the newer generations? Seems unfair.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
I'm going with what everyone else has said. Seriously Kanto, you've had your time. As good as Kanto is, it has appeared way too much. Hoenn hasn't had a chance to shine yet. So I wouldn't like to see a FR/LG remake.

Sirfetch’d

The only way I would ever want to see Kanto again is if they wait a few years, produce a new gen, and then make a new Kanto based game. Not a remake though, make it twenty or thirty years later so it would have changed. we have seen it enough in its present state already.

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2018
If anything, it would need to be FR/LG sequels set after the Johto games, not simple remakes, and not include Johto despite it's close proximity to Kanto, and expand on other areas for the post-game like the Sevii Islands. I wouldn't be as opposed to that as yet another remake, but considering that Kanto's been featured in every generation except the fifth so far, they really just need to give it a rest, even if it is pretty hollowed out in the Johto games. I'd say they should retire Kanto for at least this one generation, and then bring it back to reintroduce older fans to a newer Kanto and the younger fans to Kanto as a whole.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Agreed with Sydian here. While FR/LG and HG/SS remade Kanto very well, I don't see much of a reason for that region to be remade because it's been remade twice.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
It really just sounds like a reverse of HG/SS.

But yeah, we NEED to see a Gen III remake way before this is even leaked.

Back