• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Pokemon: Johto Journeys- Dreams & Nightmares (M) [OOC+SU]

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013

Pokemon Johto Journeys - Dreams and Nightmares

JohtoMap%5B1%5D.png

Johto, the eternal land. Situated west of Kanto and south of Sinnoh, the region boasts the remains of the most ancient civilazation and secrets, if revealed, would change the history of the world forever.

Plot

The vision fades to 15 years ago. . . A boy leaves New Bark Town on an errand for Professor Elm . A red-haired boy steals one of Elm's three Pokémon, and challenges him as the boy's journey across Johto continues. A revived Team Rocket from Kanto, using plans formulated three years prior, enrages many Gyarados, including a red one, at the Lake of Rage; they then proceed to take over the Goldenrod Radio Tower in a desperate attempt to contact Giovanni. When they are defeated and Giovanni fails to return due to Celebi's intervention, the interim leader, Archer vows to never again re-form Team Rocket. The boy continues to gather Johto's Badges, eventually gaining all eight and traveling to the Pokémon League at Indigo Plateau in Kanto, later to defeat the current Champion and get into the Hall of Fame.
But his most notable effect on Johto lies in his ability to encounter all three of the legendary beasts , as well as summon the Unown, Lugia and Ho-Oh after their long absence. A new chapter in the region's history begins. . . .

15 years have passed. The boy, or as his name was in the Hall of Fame, Ethan, helped the Pokémon Rangers and Professors to bring peace and tranquillity to Johto and revive and revitalise the region. Under his efforts and guidance, pokemon from other regions were bred and released into the wild. Foundations of a Safari Zone, Observatory, Museum, etc were made and trade flourished. Johto was booming. Seeing his dream come true, he left for Mt. Silver to face the Greatest Trainer of All Time, Red, but was never heard from again.. Not in 5 years. . . . .

In the meanwhile, one young man watched over the world. His name was Ayleth... Most importantly, he was the son of Giovanni and the younger brother of Silver. Mad at his father's disappearance, mad at Archer's betrayal, mad at the worthlessness of Team Rocket, the silent warrior left off with a few loyal Rockets, ones that would lay down their life for him. Hiding from the world and other Rockets, they and their pokemon began the unimaginable training and technological advancement....

Of course Johto was too busy with itself.

From the ashes of Team Rocket.. Rose the unbeatable Team Neo. Led by the vengeful Ayleth... They are waiting for the perfect moment to strike at the heart of Johto.. And claim what is rightfully theirs. Can anybody stop this madness? Or will Johto burn in the fires of rage? Will Ethan ever return? The Nights begin...

You

Professor Elm, widely known for his vast knowledge of pokemon and compassion, has played a significant part in Johto's development. After getting to know about Team Neo and the re-emergence of Team Rocket, he is calling ten persons from all around the region and beyond who he believes have great potential to become a successful Pokémon trainer. He gives these young people a Pokemon to care for and raise, as well as a Pokedex which they may fill and ten Pokeballs to catch wild Pokemon with.
You are one of the ten trainers selected by Professor Elm, and have made your way to New Bark Town to thank the Professor as well as receive your very own partner Pokémon along with a state of the art Pokédex! You then begin your journey around the region of Johto, visiting all areas within the region on your way to obtaining all eight badges and competing in the annual Pokemon League! On your journey you may meet up with, and even travel with your fellow players, encounter some very powerful trainers, and also fight against some Team Neo and Team Rocket Grunts. But be careful when facing Team Neo, they rarely use Pokemon, instead, they use some powerful weapons that may take your precious partner's lives if you're not careful! They've taken enough Pokemon lives already, someone's got to put a stop on them!

Starters

Prof. Elm has decided to let his chosen trainers a pokémon partner of their choice. All the pokémon were bred at the lab with utmost care and love, so even trainers that have no experience would have no problem with them. He is offering the following pokemon:

152.gif
155.gif
158.gif
172.gif

173.gif
228.gif

236.gif
238.gif

240.gif
273.gif

Rules

§1. Standard PC rules apply.

§2. This RP is rated M for mature. There would be blood, love, some gore and may be death. Keep sexual stuff to a minimum or you would be KICKED OUT of the RP.

§3. No Godmodding or Bunnying allowed. You can't hit everything and dodge everything.

§4. You control only your character and any NPC you create.

§5. Be practical. If there is a pokémon with 1% chance of appearing, you can't meet it on every post.

§6. Remember Quality>Quantity. Your post should be atleast an hundred words big.

§7. If you want to capture a pokémon, keep the ball rocking at the end of the post. The GM (and Random Number God) will decide your luck.

§8. Put "I likez Mudkipz" in your SU to let me know you went through all of this.

§9. When you reach the end of a chapter, wait for the GM to start a new one.

§10. When you battle with a pokemon, don't give it any moves it cannot have at that level. For moves at certain level, refer to Bulbapedia.

§11. The GM decision is final.

Sign-Up Form

Name: (full name here)

Sex: (do I need to explain) Male/Female

Age: (no kids. If you want an older charry, PM me) 13-19 yrs

Appearance: A picture (don't show someone extremely cool, seriously) and at least 10 sentences or more/ at least 15 lines.

Personality: (how is your charry, his behavior, etc. Uncommon characters are welcome) At least 10 sentences or more.

Background/History: (Where did he/she grew up, how was his/her childhood, why is Prof. Elm trusting him with a pokemon, etc) At least a paragraph of 15-20 lines

Acknowledgments

This RP wouldn't have been possible without the help of Vato and Gimmepie. Thank you very much guys :D.

Accepted Characters

• Aero Hale (played by Oshy)
  • Mari Zawadzka (played by Darkhaven3)
  • Faris Miller (played by Geras32)
  • Kiba Kurokokoro (played by WolfOfEve)
  • Xavier 'X' Sagan (played by Mr. Cranium)
  • Avril McDougall (played by Midnight-Umbreon)
  • Flint McLaren (played by Kanea)
  • Joseph 'Jokin' Kindt (played by ORegan)
  • Edward 'Eddie' Dogwood (played by Flyborg)
  • Melody Crawford (played by PsychoJigglypuff)

Last edited:

Oshy

♩♫♩
Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2013
Name: Aero Hale

Sex: Male

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Aero has brown eyes and hair that, usually, is swooped to the left. He's somewhat tall and skinny, but he likes to think otherwise. His hair is also brown, darker than his eyes. In fact, most people end up mistaking his hair or black, which Aero finds annoying. He wears mostly plain colored shirts with jeans. Aero has no care for the latest fashion, he's always just fine with what he has. Aero is well known for his smile, and his laid back personality shows it. His white teeth glow, turning anyone's day into a better one.

Personality: Aero is very laid back and quiet. He is very kind, and loving. Sadly, the lad is cursed with shyness and therefore dislikes being exposed to people. Deep down he really is funny, but he needs to learn that there is no reason to be afraid. In fact, he feels more comfortable around pokemon that he comes across in the wild. And sometimes he feels like Pokemon are his only friend. He is more of a loner, I guess you could say. And all he wants is an actual person he can be friends with. But all he does is seclude himself from the adventure that awaits him.

Background/History: Aero was born in Cherrygrove City to two loving parents. He had a fun childhood. He loved to eat just about anything he could get his hands on. And in school he was somewhat 'popular' with the girls. Aero was really enjoying life, until three months ago a mysterious Pokemon by the name of 'Thundurus' attack Cherrygrove City, casting a large thunderstorm over it. Aero was on his way home; he was on Route 29. And by time he got to his home, there was nothing left.

Aero felt hopeless and fled to the Dark Cave where he know resides in a hidden tunnel. He sleeps on a bed of straw, and eats barely anything. And the only way he gets money is buy selling berries he finds to diners. And Aero doesn't even make much off of that.

Aero lost all of his friends, and now the only friends he has are he pokemon he sees in the wild. Aero needs to let his past go. What Aero needs is an adventure.

I likez Mudkipz

Last edited:

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
SU review time:

Oshy- Can a shy lad who 'dislikes being exposed to people' be quite popular with the girls? And the part where Thundurus destroyed Cherrygrove, it would be great if you can make it a recent event, like 3-6 months before the RP takes place (8 yr olds can't certainly live alone in a dangerous place like a dark cave, also helps me with a plot twist ;)). Modify these points, other than those its a good SU.. Just remember to go through the rules, there is a certain phrase I want everyone to put in their SU (as a proof that they checked out the rules :D)

@Geras32- Yeah, your spot is reserved. Remember to set up a SU soon.

Darkhaven3

Jackass
Years

Name: Mari Zawadzka
Sex: Yes.
Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality: Mari's a conniving little *****, and in the back of your head, you know that's why Professor Elm saw her potential. She can best be described as "true good" or "paragon" if this were some kind of sick game or some other arbitrary rubric; steal from the rich, give to the poor, the whole nine yards is Mari's game. From a young age she learned to make ends meet in unconventional ways, down to fencing off stolen goods to Team Rocket.

It should go without saying that following the previous statement, Mari is an individual that garners perhaps not your respect, but certainly your eye at all times if only for her questionable motives; if she plays both sides, who's to say what she might do? Is she unpredictable? Well, maybe not. Perhaps there is a system to the pseudo-random nature that manifests itself in Mari. Perhaps there is context lost in translation via second-hand stories about this thieving girl.

Of course, the only way to find that out is going to be to get past her jagged-edged exterior. She has been known to confuse and blindside even her best friends with sorrowfully-fake smiles and empty words that don't do her feelings justice; but the reason she hides it is a mystery. But that would beg the question...

What is it she's hiding? Why?

Background: Mari's an interesting case, born and raised in Kanto. Not interesting in that she is particularly transparent nor opaque, but that her motives are left entirely to interpretation or pragmatic judgement. Petty thefts here and there, possession of stolen goods, the usual one would expect of a petty thief. What made her come to Johto and turn to crime? Why on Earth would Professor Elm trust her as far as he could throw her tiny ass? Why would she even accept this calling?

Probably because her attention to detail is flawless.

If there's one thing Mari is, it's immaculate. No fingerprints left behind... No sign of trespassing... No sign of anyone remaining on the premises... No sign that something's wrong until it's far too late. That's Mari's style; get in, get out, and don't leave any traces. She's had a Pokemon before, and before coming to Johto, every day she would visit Lavender Tower, it's said... Every day she would speak to her Pokemon's grave, ensuring he rested in peace. It was a Ninetales by the name of Fate, said to be given to her by her mother, by her mother, and so on through the generations... How and when the Ninetales known as Fate passed is unclear, but it is very clear that that moment changed Mari's life forever.

For years she cried, wetting the ground with tears countless and with pain unbidden. Pain... Sacrifice... Loss...

"Life is short. Live it. **** everyone else."

At age 19, Mari came to Johto in search of an escape from her hollow shell of a life in Kanto. What lay beyond the port, beyond the reach of eyesight, beyond the most minute sounds ringing in her ears, a new life indeed awaited her. It has cost Mari a lot, but she's been given a second chance. Many mysteries remain surrounding this girl, and only the weathering of time will reveal the secret face she's kept hidden so long.

"I likez mudkipz."

What the hell is she talking about?

Last edited:

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
SU Review time:

DarkHaven3- Fantastic SU even though the character is essentially a human-pokemon hybrid. You can go a long way with her, reveal the secrets behind her.. The horrible gene splicing experiments.. Wait, I got too much carried away :D. Just one minor modification, in your personality section, ". . .down to fencing off stolen goods to Team Neo. . .", change it to Team Rocket as Team Neo was underground at that time and nobody knew about them (still no one in Johto and Kanto other than Prof. Elm and a mysterious person knows about them as they haven't YET made a move). And remember to add the particular phrase of the Rules section in the SU (you will know what phrase I'm talking about if you go through the Rules ;)).

END..

So 7 spots are left! If anyone wants to RP antagonists or recurring side characters, PM me!

I'll post the IC thread once we have 3 accepted characters. Don't be fooled by the simple outlook of the RP, it will surely entice you in its magic by the time we reach Chapter 2!

Oshy

♩♫♩
Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2013
Okay, all set!

Might I add that, yes, Aero is a very shy person. But he's only shy because of the incident that just occurred, he's secluded himself from everyone and lost his friends. So basically, he wasn't shy before the Thundurus incident.

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
Since everything is alright now, Aero is ACCEPTED. Choose your starter well, all of them has a basic attack move, a status move and a move they don't learn without the help of TMs/move tutos/breeding.

Oshy

♩♫♩
Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2013
I'll take that lovely Pichu! Will you be choosing the moves?

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
Yep, I choose the moves. But if you want a certain move on your pokémon (provided it learns the move legally), PM me and perhaps I'll give it to you if your IC post impresses me. Now over to..

Congratulations! You have recieved a Pichu lvl. 5
172.gif

- Static
- Thundershock
- Protect
- Ice Fang

EDIT: You are allowed to evolve Pichu anytime you want, but a reasonable time should have elasped. You just can't raise his friendship level from 'ignored' to 'best pals' in a minute.

Last edited:

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
Name: Faris Miller

Sex: Male

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality:
Put in the simplest terms, Faris is an idealist. He firmly believes that the world can be a place of beauty and goodness where justice and peace reign supreme. However, from what he has seen he is convinced there is nobody both capable of and willing to make it so, thus Faris believes it is his responsibility to "fix" the world.

Faris is extremely judgmental and has little tolerance for those he considers unjust, and when it comes to those he considers "evil" it goes much farther than mere intolerance. Despite all this, he is willing to risk his life for the innocent, whoever they may be, as long as it is for the greater good. Because of his zealot nature, he has no friends. Even if someone was a good enough person, and even if they could stand him, the closest they could get to him would be as an ally. Faris doesn't feel like he has time for leisure, and has devoted his entire life to his mission.

While Faris lacks a capacity for friendship, he is very honorable and shows his respect to those who have gained it. He is especially respectful of pokemon, as he considers them fundamentally incorruptible. A pokemon's actions are decided by nature, necessity, or a trainer, thus there are no bad pokemon, only bad trainers.

Background/History:
Faris was born in Violet City and grew up hearing stories of heroes such as Red and Ethan (whose actions were still fairly recent and widely spoken of at the time), and became enthralled by the idea of fighting evil for the good of everyone. At a young age he developed a strong sense of justice. When he was old enough to go to school Faris didn't hesitate to speak his mind, but unfortunately for the other students that consisted of calling them out on their actions whenever they did something unjust. This led to him earning names such as "tattletale" and "goody two-shoes". Even the more well behaved students sometimes had differing opinions on things that were important to him. Furthermore, he showed little interest in the things many other children were interested in. Eventually Faris was ostracized by most everyone his age. This saddened him, but his beliefs didn't waver.

One day, his class took a trip to visit the Sprout Tower. The teacher explained much about it, but what fascinated Faris more was the sages of the tower. Faris saw how they devoted themselves to their path, no matter what, and developed his own resolve to follow a righteous path. He no longer worried about what the other students thought of him and became determined to make Violet City a place of pure goodness. Faris spent his childhood fighting bullies and other troublemakers, and even going as far as patrolling the city at night. At this point even the adults thought he was strange. Word spread and he earned a reputation as a child crusader, a reputation that likely reached Professor Elm's ears and made him consider Faris for a pokemon.

"I likez Mudkipz"

Last edited:

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
SU review time:

Both Mari and Faris have been ACCEPTED

@darkhaven3- Please check the PM I have sent you. And...
Congratulations! You have received a Cyndaquil lvl. 5
155.gif

Blaze
- Tackle
- Leer
- Aerial Ace

@oshy- Forgot to give Pichu an ability, sorry :P

ON a side note, I have modified the opening post to look a little better. Goin to post the IC soon.

Years
The images for the starters aren't showing up for some reason, did you delete them accidentally or is it a problem with my formatting?

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
Nope, I was arranging the images in a beautiful way, so they didn't appear ;) .. I just deleted the opening image, unless I get something better.. I'll again use it. By the way, do you mind that I reformatted your format? Black text on yellow background is eyecatching. Also shortened the cell width a bit. Its gonna see some more changes though.

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
Every starter is unique in this RP, their moveset is unmatched by others. Seedot is the proof that pokémon from other regions are starting to have an impact (?) on Johto.

Congratulations! You have received a Houndour lvl. 5

228.gif

- Early Bird
- Ember
- Howl
- Sludge

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
I am waiting for more players (at least 2 more) before I start the IC. Unless I get any by the next few days, the IC thread would be open with just 3 players, I can't keep you guys waiting. :)

Oshy

♩♫♩
Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2013
Yay! I seriously cannot wait to start this! It's going to be really great!

Back