• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Pokemon: Johto Journeys- Dreams & Nightmares (M) [OOC+SU]

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
I have sent out invitations to some people, hope they would be interested in the RP, just two more accepted characters and I promise to fly the IC thread instantly.
I'm also quite excited. One thing, though. In the accepted characters list I noticed it says "Faris Miller (Played by Faris Miller)".

lol! :P Fixing that fail.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
I'd like to reserve a spot and I'll post my SU on Friday. I'd also like Totodile if possible.

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
I'd like to reserve a spot and I'll post my SU on Friday. I'd also like Totodile if possible.
You are reserved! Starters would be 'first come first served'. If anyone who wants a Totodile sets up an acceptable SU before your's one, then I won't be able to give you the little croc. :)

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
I've read it, and I'm in! It looks great!

Name: Sam Jasper

Sex: Male

Appearance: A picture (don't show someone extremely cool, seriously) and at least 10 sentences or more/ at least 15 lines.

Personality: (how is your charry, his behavior, etc. Uncommon characters are welcome) At least 10 sentences or more.

Background/History: (Where did he/she grew up, how was his/her childhood, why is Prof. Elm trusting him with a pokemon, etc) At least a paragraph of 15-20 lines

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
∣ Kiba Kurokokoro
Aw1lIZf.png
448.png
478.png
282.png
136.png
DDmONOa.png
DDmONOa.png
Southwest Path

Chapter Zero: Part Zero
Reinsertion! Kiba's Post-Lethia Sign-Up!

UtLrCzk.png

Name: Kurokokoro Kiba (Last, First)

Appearance: Kiba is a well-mannered and very-much-in-shape young man, if not a bit tall-and-thin. He adorns pale skin and soft black hair, with one blue and one green eye that stand out fairly clearly in almost any lighting. He wears a black collared shirt with indigo detailing, and black cargo shorts/pants. However, it is not uncommon that Kiba will sport a stunning black kimono if it is a special occasion. He wears black and white running shoes, but will swap these out for a nice pair of geta sandals when sporting his kimono. Though it is unnoticeable from a distance, the area around the bridge of his nose and both of his eyes is very faintly scarred from burns. He is completely blind, and also wears black-framed glasses, though something strange happens when he takes them off...

Personality: Kiba, after the rattling events of Lethia, has changed in many ways. However, he's still Human, and will act out of kindness accordingly. He is very modest, loyal, caring, and kind. While he's not the most sociable guy, he's improved over the years. He tends to put others before himself a little too often, but none more than Julia. She is always his top priority, and he will set limitations accordingly. otherwise, he's willing to help out those who he knows are acting morally correct, and is generally very useful in general. But on occasion he may begin to ramble...

History: Kiba was a fairly neglected child, his parents seeming to ignore his very existence for the most part. He lives (or /lived/) in Lavender Town, Kanto. From this childhood Kiba became a bit socially awkward, and turned to Pokemon for attention. His first Pokemon, a Growlithe named Flare, became his companion. Later on, as he began adventuring, he became unbelievably tactical with battles, going to the Kanto League to face the champion. He got far with only one Pokemon, but lost at the hands of the champion. Frustrated, he headed to Johto to further his training, later facing the Champion once more, only to fail once more, this battle costing him the life of his third Pokemon, a Froslass ironically named Spirit. He departed for Hoenn and Sinnoh after this, facing both champions with his team of Flare the Arcanine and Ki the Lucario, his closest ally and friend, for more reasons than anyone can figure out. What Kiba and Ki share is almost like a brothership. Kiba's team of two defeated both Leagues with relative ease, though a few bumps here and there. He continued to Unova, where he found a beaten and injured Meloetta, whom he brought into his 'family' of Pokemon, later named Mello affectionately. The three of them defeated Unova's League even easier than the last two. However, seeing as he'd lost Spirit to the Kanto League, swore never to return. For a few years he simply roamed the lands, making some new Pokemon friends along the way. Later, he discovers a deadly and powerful island known as Lethia, challenging trainers to compete with its deadly hazards and legendary Champions, to earn the amazing reward of a granted wish. Kiba departed for this island, though on the trip there, he had changed his mind about why he was headed there. He wanted to face the legendary champion, but wasn't here for the wish. He was here to make friends. Oddly enough, he did make a few; but they were people, not Pokemon. Julia was one of these, one who he immediately had fallen for. This started a strong relationship with little to no rough patches at all between the two. He decidedly began helping her toward having her wish granted, though also assisted the two other boys he'd befriended. During this adventure, however, he vanished into thin air. He appeared only the next day, looking a year older than he had originally appeared. Some of his Pokemon family was missing, replaced by two new members of his party: an energetic Flareon named Amber, and a curious Gardevoir named only "Z". Once reunited with Julia and his friends, they challenged Lethia's many hazardous challenges, making it all the way to the Champion. Kiba faced the champion (not as a part of the competition, but simply a challenge meant to test his own mettle) and won by a sliver, Ki being the last standing in his party. However, as he did not participate in the competition, this victory did not grant him a wish, but merely a feeling of power and accomplishment. His friends (Julia included) challenged the champion for a wish, though much to her dismay, Julia lost, and did not receive her wish. She found consolation and comfort in Kiba, and after Lethia's events ended, the two headed to Kanto, to spend time together. Of course, Julia wasn't feeling all to well about herself, and Kiba wanted to find a way to cheer her up. Without warning, he brought her to the one place he thought he'd never return to: the Kanto League. However, He instructed Julia to challenge the league in his place, and in the end, watched her become the champion, victorious. Later, they began training one another and eventually became a force (whether fighting together or apart) to be reckoned with. With enough training from both ends, they became equally matched, legendary trainers who would be known (whether people knew them or not) among the high ranks of even Red. Now two years after Lethia, Kiba and Julia are exploring Johto, not anticipating running into gangs.

448.png
Ki (Male)
Ki is a sometimes quiet but very loyal Lucario, often referred to as Kiba's twin (as Ki sports one blue and one purple eye). He is agile and fairly strong, and often trains Kiba in battle (something he's done many years). His Bone Staff is a powerful tool, hope that it doesn't hit you!

478.png
Spirit (Female)
Spirit is cheerful, usually optimistic, and friendly in general. However, she is known to dabble around in mischievous pranks time to time. Among some Pokemon she's seen as a majestic beauty, with a slight attitude. In battle, she uses her beauty against her opponents (if the circumstances are right for it, anyways), but othewise enjoys defeating her opponents with status effects and damage-over-time.

282.png
Z (Female)
Z is a very interesting Pokemon, as she has less understanding of the modern world than others, often asking questions like "What is a house?" and "Does falling hurt?" Her personality matches that of a polite young girl who is curious and still discovering new things in the world around her.

136.png
Amber (Female)
Amber is small, but she's fast and can spew more flames than one could possibly imagine, with a hyperactive personality to boot. Despite her tiny shape or childish personality, she is a deadly combatant in battle; most lose simply because they look down on her.

Kiba has made other allies though they choose not to follow him, they may make appearances along the way.

Flare is part of Kiba's team, however, he's currently under Lethia's top medical treatment.

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Three fully evolved Pokemon, versus (hypothetically) a bunch of starters. Overpowered? You don't say. 9_9
Who said he was versus anyone? Unless said character was a ne'er-do-well or something.

That said, I'm trying to sort this out with Bleacher.

On the off chance it doesn't work, I could reintroduce an older character of mine (someone I figured I could probably have done a better job with)

Darkhaven3

Jackass
Years
It just seems like he came out of nowhere stacked with the odds entirely in his favor. One of the biggest plot-points to my character is that it's not clear whether or not she's good or evil; I can easily see this becoming a problem when there's one person with absolute authority over everyone else by virtue of the fact that they have three fully evolved Pokemon and you don't. :P

Mind you, regardless of your character et al, I'm totally willing to play with you and all. Just keep in mind that, IMO, it's very easy for your characters to be the center of attention. And being the center of attention is the quickest way for Kiba and Julia to develop a lot of distance between themselves and Mari.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
It just seems like he came out of nowhere stacked with the odds entirely in his favor. One of the biggest plot-points to my character is that it's not clear whether or not she's good or evil; I can easily see this becoming a problem when there's one person with absolute authority over everyone else by virtue of the fact that they have three fully evolved Pokemon and you don't. :P

Mind you, regardless of your character et al, I'm totally willing to play with you and all. Just keep in mind that, IMO, it's very easy for your characters to be the center of attention. And being the center of attention is the quickest way for Kiba and Julia to develop a lot of distance between themselves and Mari.
Well, yes, I agree wholeheartedly that they are probably too strong to be grouped with a bunch of teens just starting out, but it's not like I had made them that way. If you read some of what happens in Earth and Sky!: Pokemon Battle Royale!, you'd understand more of how they became this powerful. Lethia is a hazardous island region, so much so that the danger of it alone gives the RP a T rating (though it could be much worse). I didn't include it, but Kiba had a near-death experience there (and it was my longest post ever written at the time).

I'm sure if I dug around a bit I could find that post. (For those who'd like an exciting read and a bit of background on him as a character).

They are very lovable characters (though more-so to each other) which is why I wanted to try to bring them into a future setting (post-E&S) for further enjoyment. Kiba's easily the most well-thought-out character I've ever come up with, so I'm kind of proud of how he's turned out.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
I think Kiba being there would be pretty cool and that he would offer an interesting alternate view of the events, but only if he was somewhere else in Johto (but I doubt he would hang around the newbie trainers anyway if team Neo is around). I imagine he would be better taking a role similar to that of some champions in the games (Lance, Cynthia, Steven) by helping the other trainers at times but mostly dealing with his own (sometimes related) business, at least until everyone gets stronger. But whatever you decide, he's sure to be an interesting addition.

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Name: Xavier "X" Sagan

Appearance: Xavier is a medium built male, he is 5"8' and weighs around 160 pounds. He has light baby blue eyes that tend to glimmer in the sunlight as they gaze up in the bright sky. His hair is a light blonde but he jokes saying that it's "platinum." His clothes are plain, he likes colors that work well with each other. He wears a light cyan thin windbreaker that has white lining around the hood, inside the windbreaker is a pocket where he can keep his pokeballs. Underneath his windbreaker he wears a plain white t-shirt with a black collar, and black tight jeans that are wrinkle free.

Personality: Xavier is a sweet and caring person, he likes to help anyone he can but underneath lies a distant and worried boy. He constantly worries about what people think of him and tends to stress and over thinks things. Sometimes he feels alone, like no one truly understands him but he hides his loneliness with a false smile on his face. He likes to gaze up at the sky, he dreams of flying and going to space one day. Overall he is a good and nice guy, though when it comes to battling he is calculating and serious. He's lost Pokemon in battle from his last journey in Sinnoh, he doesn't want to make anymore mistakes.

Xavier worries a lot about what people think of him, so he has low self esteem. He always blames himself when things get bad and he knows things will. He sometimes pretends to be happy and will smile, but really he just doesn't want people to worry about him. He likes to sometimes be alone, he reflects when he's by himself and will watch the sky as he thinks about his day or life in general.

Background/History: Xavier grew up a lonely only child in Snowpoint City. His father was a writer and his mother was astrophysicist, so they were always swamped in their work. They both deeply cared about Xavier and knew that he was miserable living in Snowpoint, he didn't get along with the other kids because they thought he was weird from the things he would say and do. Xavier would sometimes come home crying from the mean things the other kids would say to him, he just wanted to belong somewhere. When he turned 12 his parents allowed him to become a Pokemon Trainer and journey around Sinnoh. He was thrilled to be able to go out and adventure, he flew all the way to Sandgem Town to receive a starter from Professor Rowan.

Piplup was Xavier's immediate choice, he named her Hopper and they journeyed through Sinnoh getting the badges. Xavier was finally happy traveling with new friends, that was until that one unfortunate day. He got too cocky while battling a wild Pokemon and sent out a weaker Pokemon thinking he could still win, but unfortunately he didn't and his Pokemon lost it's life from his recklessness. He immediately shut down from that incident and has taken ever single battle seriously trying to push himself to perfection, he still made flaws and ended up losing more of his Pokemon. He ended his journey after getting his eight badge and continued training. He wanted to challenge different regions such as Kanto and Johto cause he's never been there before. Xavier wanted to start fresh so he sent his team back home and flew off towards Johto without any Pokemon on hand.

Last edited:

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
I didn't post awhile in the thread, sorry. Regarding WolfofEve's charry, we did a lot of behind the scene job :P, I mean PMed each other regarding the complexities arising from their ultimate monsters which can lay waste to anything.

So we both came to an understanding, Kiba would start with new pokémon in this RP for game balance reasons. He would be like Ash in a new region; experienced battler, gearing up with freshly caught pokémon. Don't worry, everyone would face challenge in this RP, it won't be easy!

@Midnight-Umbreon- You are reserved a spot till Sunday. :)

@Kanea- Your reservation ends tomorrow. Be sure to set up an alpha SU like hereto did if you haven't made a complete SU, not many spots are left.

SU review time:

1. Mr.Cranium- You are ACCEPTED but I would like the personality section to be a little bit bigger

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2013
Name: Avril McDougall
Sex: female
Appearance:
5646B029-52FA-4503-9C58-A43A5BDD5FDE-420-000000DEFE60B732_zpsf0c55f6e.jpg

She has short choppy black hair with a blue streak in it. And she has piercing green eyes. She never has, and proberly never will wear make up. She is tall, but not skinny or fat. She only wear t-shirts a baggy combat 3 quarter length trousers. She only has 2 pairs of shoes, a black and a faded green converse. She also has a white sweatband which she never takes off. She has her left ear stretched (8mm) she also has a nose piercing, and a lip piercing (although she doesn't wear her lipnpiercing all the time).

Personality: She is outgoing and can e fairly cocky. She is extremely active and like a challenge, she is friendly but will insult people, take the mick if she is friends with someone. She is persistent and no to her is not an answer. She has a morbid imagination, meaning you can say something happy about bunny rabbits running through a forest, and she will proberly reply with something like 'Yup, then they get eaten by some rabid wolf who leaves the dead remains and guts everywhere' usually in a cheerful time. She also carrys around a lighter, which is not good with her imagination, and the facts she likes to burn things (mainly bits of paper and melting rulers, she has never burnt a person... yet) She always has at least 1 headphone in, and music can defiantly effect her mood. But she is an interesting a loyal friend.

History: Avril has always been a bit weird, her parents just let her got on with it. Well her parents didn't really know about Avrils habits and her interest with fire. As she has spent a lot of time in her room, a dark cave with tons of junk, half broken electronics, tools melted bits of plastic, her younger sisters teddys (which her sister 'lost) now mutated with ones head on another body some with no head, and some with 2. Her friends now feel nervous coming to her house, but Avril has never actually threatened anyone straight out or tried to attack people. But her personality has scared people. When she first started school, she was isolated, she was friendly, but as she has always has had this weirdness about her people stayed away from her, but she has found a couple of friends, well only 2. They are both unique, her main friend Anastasia is proberly hyper 24/7 her actions match her hair, wild and unpredictable (its susally bright blue or orange) even though she is alot more positive, she is one of the only people wjo brings out the best in Avril, her other friend Gerard is the sensible one, he is alot more quiet compared to Avril and Anastasia, he is a polar opasite to them. Just normal, quiet, unsociable and will not do crazy things. He was really picked up by Avril and Anastasia, as he was always alone, and the pair felt sorry for him. Gerard apreciates there efforts but to he honest he would much rather read comics then watch Avril and Anastia debate about who would win in a battle between a unicorn and a rabid wolf (Avril supporting the wolf) Even though she hasn't got a lot Avril is happy to have friends who accept her weirdness even if it does scare them. She has always been over friendly when meeting people, and has always wanted tons of friends. She was unsure why she was trusted with a pokemon, but maybe her ability to think beyond the most obvious outcome (with a morbid imagination you think beyond simple reasoning) and she is loyal and caring deep inside (Also only Gerard and Anastasia know about the mutated bears) she has also spent time watching pokemon, (her favourite type is fire) and has always wanted her own one, and to be able to leave home.
(I think I have created a physco but its ok cuade I likez mudkipz)

Last edited:

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
Name: Flint Mclaren.

Sex: Male.

Appearance:

Flint is a 13 year old of an average height and stands at 5'1. He is of an average build and to say the most he looks normal. He has green eyes and a normal haircut. He wears a T- shirt most of the time with a jacket and also wears black trackpants. He wears a orange cap and carries a red bagpack on his back.

Personality:

History:

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
SU review time:
1. Midnight-Umbreon- You are PENDING. The character is a strange mix of paranoia and bullying, but that is fine. The confusing part is that she has friends despite all the strangeness regarding her (she might get followers though). You have to explain that part what kind of friends she has got and why would Prof. Elm trust her with a pokémon. Don't get discouraged, uncommon characters are most welcome because they are really interesting.
END.
Faris have found a second rival in my opinion! With all the new players, just TWO more spots are left, one would most likely be filled by Yellow. Get ready for the next epic RP and don't blame me if your pokémon dies! So who would win: the trainers, Team Rocket or Team Neo? It is in your hands now.

Oh and those who have been accepted, you can choose your partner pokémon.

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
one would most likely be filled by Yellow

I told you via PM she likely wouldn't be joining ._.

I'd rather she controlled Julia, but she's too busy to join more Roleplays (from my understanding) and getting even busier would probably kill her muse.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
(Totodile here I come!)

Name: Flint Mclaren.

Sex: Male.

Appearance:

Flint is a 13 year old of an average height and stands at 5'1. He is of an average build and to say the most he looks normal. He has green eyes and a normal haircut. He wears a T- shirt most of the time with a jacket and also wears black trackpants. He wears a orange cap and carries a red bagpack on his back.

Personality:

Flint has a happy go-lucky personality and will not hesitate to do anything his friends tell him to. He is very friendly and always helps his friends. He always cracks jokes and likes to entertain everyone around him. However, as soon as he gets into battle he becomes different. He becomes extremely serious and nothing can shift his concentration away from the battle.However, Flint can easily be angered. Flint also loves pokemon and loves t be around them. He has always had the strange ability to calm down most pokemon easily.

History:

Flint was born to a middle-class family in New Bark Town. His family were great friends with Prof.Elm and Flint has many memories of going to Prof.Elm's house and playing with the pokemon there. When he was 6 his parents sent him to a pokemon trainer school in New Bark Town. Flint was an excellent student and easily got through all the stages of the School.

Flint graduated from the school at the age of 12. However, he didn't go to start actual battling right at the start. He started going around the region, searching for tournaments where he could only use random pokemon that were not trained before. Flint became an expert at these and soon he got a letter from Prof.Elm asking him to choose a pokemon for beating Team Neo. Perhaps, it was the fact that Flint resembled Gold a great deal and how he had so much potential in battles.

(I likez Mudkipz.)

Last edited:
Back