• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Orchid Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon Orchid Version [Alpha Now Available!]

Code:
[B]#org 0xPokéCommunity 
= NOTICE: \v\h01! The first release is out! Download it either at the end of this post or the first post of the third page![/B]

Pokemon Orchid​

.:Title:.
Pokemon Orchid​

.:Hack of:.​

badge-firered.png

Firered

.:Storyline:.
You are a young Trainer starting your journey in a peninsula called Tide Town. You get your first Pokemon and are off on your quest. Along the way, you find you face many rivals and challenges, the infamous Team Rocket being one of them. Can you stop this threat and become a full-fledged Pokemon Master? How many lives will you affect along the way? And what is this green forest Pokemon that's being pursued? Play and find out!

.:Features:.
New Region
New Storyline
Johto Starters
New Heros
New and Various Rivals
New Gym Leaders
My Little Green Time-Traveling Friend Catchable!
...And much, much more!

.:Glitches in Current release:.
No! Not my Hall of Fame!
When I say "fixed" it means for the next release, not the current one.
  • You can jump into the snowbanks under the trees in Chilly Canyon. *fixed*
  • Blossom gives you Rock Tomb instead of Bullet Seed. *fixed*
  • Some people's text is cut off. *fixed*
  • Major Glitch! Please read! Do not open the menu in Hailstone City. It will cause the game to freeze and you may lose data. Save when you enter to minimize your risk of losing data.
  • When using an Escape Rope in Whistlewind Woods, you end up in front of the Timber Town Mart instead of in front of the forest.
  • Tide Town's an Island instead of a peninsula. *fixed*
  • There's a Rocket in the middle of nowhere near the Pokemon Center in Tropican City. *fixed*
  • After you defeat the Rocket Admin in the Tropican Jungle Safari Zone, a man appears inside the building you used to enter it. He won't talk to you. *fixed*

.:Screenshots:.
Beware, screenshots are my thing...
Tide Town:
TideTown1.png
TideTown2.png
TideTown3.png

Tropican City:
TropicanCity1.png
TropicanCity2.png
TropicanCity3.png

Chilly Canyon:
ChillyCanyon3.png
ChillyCanyon2.png
ChillyCanyon1.png

Timber Town:
TimberTown3.png
TimberTown2.png
TimberTown1.png

Whistlewind Woods:
WhistlewindWoods1.png
WhistlewindWoods2.png

Oasis City:
OasisCity1.png
OasisCity2.png
OasisCity3.png

.:Credits:.
-Coronis for a Caterpie overworld.

.:Banners:.
\v\h01 used HELPING HAND! \v\h01 is ready to help Pokemon Orchid!
Orchidfinal1.gif

Code:
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p219/tuscontripfile123/Orchidfinal1.gif
^credit to Hiro Scout for this great banner.

pokemonorchidbanneronekh4.gif

Code:
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/1162/pokemonorchidbanneronekh4.gif
pokemonorchidbannertwouj1.png

Code:
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/2240/pokemonorchidbannertwouj1.png
pokemonorchidbannerthreqn6.gif

Code:
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5881/pokemonorchidbannerthreqn6.gif
^Credit goes to Barker for the three awesome banners!

.:Releases:.
Alpha's length: Up to the third town. Includes 1 Gym, 2 forests/caves, 3 routes, and 2 major events.​

Attachments

• PokemonOrchidAlpha.ips
    107.6 KB · Views: 1,334
Last edited:

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
First Post =P

Anyways, Looks Promising, The overworld of the main hero may annoy me after some time, but eh, that's just me ^.~

Is that the tileset you will stay with the entire time, or will u probably change it? (Just curious =P)

Is that the tileset you will stay with the entire time, or will u probably change it? (Just curious =P)

I know that minor tileset changes will be necessary somewhere down the line but I'm trying to stay closer to Firered's tiles and palletes for now. However, I did take the liberty of changing the Pokemon Center and Mart's roof tiles. Taking a closer look at one of the screenshots on the first post will reveal that. :P
-----------
I think I'll give everyone a teaser of the third town. It's my favorite so far and took a little while to map. Better yet, the roof tile changes are more visible. I tried to give it a more D/P look while still keeping the GBA feel.

HailstoneCity1.png

Yep, that's Hailstone City. Do ya like it?

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
Years
  • Age 32
  • Utah
  • Seen Dec 31, 2016
Looks good.

The though of a Jungle, instead of a Forest, is intriguing. I haven't seen that before.

But I don't get out much, so that just might be me. :cheeky:

SilentWing

クロバット
Years
Oh wow, 3 towns done in an hour and a half... If you keep up at this pace, you'll be the fastest hacker ever! ;)

Seriously though, I like it a lot. Is it going to feature complex (zel-like) scripts? I hear that's the hardest thing in the world for some [most] people. :) Well, keep it up (maybe you'll update in another hour or two XD), and try to get those nice snow effects working for Hailstone. You know, like modified soot in Ruby, something like that, yeah. From the looks of things, it's also shaping out to be a grammatically correct hack. Nice.

PS: I like your PorygonHacks banner. Very stylish, I must say!

Oh wow, 3 towns done in an hour and a half... If you keep up at this pace, you'll be the fastest hacker ever! ;)

Seriously though, I like it a lot. Is it going to feature complex (zel-like) scripts? I hear that's the hardest thing in the world for some [most] people. :) Well, keep it up (maybe you'll update in another hour or two XD), and try to get those nice snow effects working for Hailstone. You know, like modified soot in Ruby, something like that, yeah. From the looks of things, it's also shaping out to be a grammatically correct hack. Nice.

PS: I like your PorygonHacks banner. Very stylish, I must say!

Actually Sakura, I've been working on this hack for a couple of weeks now. I was getting it ready to be presented here. I have the three snowflakes weather effect going on in Hailstone. I just didn't want it to snow all the time, it didn't look right to me. I'm sooo glad you noticed how I used correct grammar! I'm a grammar freak when it comes to something important!

From a fellow hacker to another I welcome you to the world of hacking so keep up the good work!

Thank you!
-------------
I need to script some relatively important events that I'll need some help with so you'll probably be seeing me in the Script Requests thread. I actually only have to map Quadrant 1 of the 4 Quadrant Tropican Jungle Safari Zone and a forest and I have all the maps for the beta! My Safari Zone'll be about... Let's see... 4 TIMES the size of Hoenn's. After the major letdown I'll call the Great Marsh failure (Nintendo I'm talking to you!) we need a good Safari Zone!

Last edited:

SilentWing

クロバット
Years
Hehe, sorry for jumping to conclusions. A steady work speed is usually better than a sporadic one, I always say.

UGH, Great Marsh.
YAY, Safari Zone!
I think that just about wraps it up. :D

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
This game is promising... You changed the tiles of the roof of the PC! O.o Good luck and finish it! :)

LCKay

A Hacker of the Future
Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2009
Looks like your off to a good start! Lets see where this one goes. Good Luck!

duncanrcook

Excellent!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 20, 2012
maps look good, but to many flowers. you should make a different hero too.

BlackDragonite

Austrian Pokémon Expert
Years
OMG, why always Johto?
I like your Hack, but why does it always have to be Johto starters? (I´ve never liked G/S/C)

But; I like hailstone town^^

Wow! I've been getting alot of support! ^^

Anyway, I just got home from work so I haven't gotten much done since I posted last. Hopefully, I'll have plenty of time tomorrow to map and script. Eventually I'll tie up the loose ends, beta test, and release a hopefully bug-free beta to you guys! Depending on alot of things, it could happen this week or maybe the end of the month. I'm really not sure, guessing release dates has never been my thing!

Thank you to everyone for your comments, especially about Hailstone City. You'll be able to like the whole thing when the beta comes out. Oh and Zach805, those are Firered's Safari Zone trees, I decided to make a tropical town, I needed tropical trees.

Well, I've gotta go. I'll map and attempt to script the two major events I plan for the first beta. I even have a little sprite surprise planned for y'all! See ya!

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2012
the hack is very good but if you change some tiles and the mini it will be best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back