• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Month 2008] [BETA 2 OUT!] POKéMON MARBLE - The long life - 4/1/08

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
Whoa- Inside of the train! I would have never expected that! So you can't choose where you want to go? Well, at least the travel won't take too long. (Damn Fire Red and its map problems...)

It's like in a real train. Or more likely like a subway in most cities. You pay the entrance to the subway (in this case, you'll get a voucher), mount the train, and stay there until you reach the station you want to go.
In the game, it'll take more time to the user to travel, but it's more realistic.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
haha looks great, the only thing Im kinnda mad about is that some of it is espanol. I could probably play through the whole thing and find most of the language changes needed to be made, but I dont think it'd really be worth it. Another great game though :)

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
haha looks great, the only thing Im kinnda mad about is that some of it is espanol. I could probably play through the whole thing and find most of the language changes needed to be made, but I dont think it'd really be worth it. Another great game though :)

That happened a lot in quartz, but not that much here. Actually the only spanish thing I remember here is when Baro says "¡Bravísimo! ¡Sí señor!" when you defeat the rival...
So that is actually NOT a problem.

lanroxas

Hack Rom Fanatic!!! :3
Years
HI Baro, I love your hacks and this beta is great!
I must say that I apologize because someone in StudioPokemon told me you wouldn't be hacking anymore so I hacked into Quartz to know about the other pokémons that you made. I was completely fanatic about Quartz that I could even get to Karendi.
I hope you continue hacking. I haven't found any bug or error in this Beta of marble but tell me... Is Laetitia the Champion or is it our Rival as it was in FireRed?

Also... Phantom's dark secret is Prof. Baro?(In the letter, Baro tells Ran(I like this name) that he has got a bigger reason for going to Garna)

Last edited:

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Wow this hack is awesome and the
beta is also kool.
Cant wait for the next one

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
I hope you continue hacking. I haven't found any bug or error in this Beta of marble but tell me... Is Laetitia the Champion or is it our Rival as it was in FireRed?
Making comparisons, Laetitia is the equivalent to Eusine in Cristal. She's the "legendary rival".

Also... Phantom's dark secret is Prof. Baro?(In the letter, Baro tells Ran(I like this name) that he has got a bigger reason for going to Garna)
I'm not giving spoilers :p

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years

Well, in my opinion is good to have some parts of Spanish in the texts. It's a good way to make more people getting interested into learning some Spanish, which wouldn't hurt :)

After all, as far as I remember, the small Spanish texts weren't really that critical and didn't affect that you couldn't understand what you had to do (mainly they were more jokes, am I right?)
(I remember Prof.Baro getting mad and cussing at that Sever for destroying his magazines XP)

lanroxas

Years
So our rival is still the champion... (I dont like that...) I'd prefer Phantom (unmasked) as the Champion... or... BARO CHAN(hehe)
Also... when do Bobolo and Babola evolve? I have them at 19 and I dont know :(

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
So our rival is still the champion... (I dont like that...) I'd prefer Phantom (unmasked) as the Champion... or... BARO CHAN(hehe)
Also... when do Bobolo and Babola evolve? I have them at 19 and I dont know :(

I don't know if the champion will be the rival or not.

As for bobolo and bobola... oops! I forgot to edit their evolution, so they're the same as goldeen and staryu... level 33 and water stone. Mea culpa.
Anyway, in next beta that'll be changed and it'll be at level 21.

NekoRobin

>______>
Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2009
Sorry but..

Those fakemons suck, not only the design but the sprites are crappy and not in pokemon style.
No offense but it's the truth.

Sergio--

...call me Serg!o...
Years
Those fakemons suck, not only the design but the sprites are crappy and not in pokemon style.
No offense but it's the truth.

I don't think so.
Still, there are some Corna's sprites, but the most are good&new.
I specially like Tabble:
tabblemy2.png

Anyway in this hack a lot of Corna's things have changed. The atmosphere is more quiet and... Hey Baro! would we find surprise-SX in Gara, too?

Last edited:

lanroxas

Years
Yeah, these fakes don't suck! They got REEEEEAAALLLYYYYY improved from Corna ones. (I remember when Pikachu was Covolts and now Pikachu is Armorito)

FOUND A GLITCH(I think): In Cobaltsation, there is a rock in the beach, you talk to it and you get 8(eight) Max Ethers!! Baro is this a gift?

Babola and Bobolo evolve as Staryu and Goldeen... ok... but whats with Scimp? It learned DRAGON RAGE!?

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Hola Baro! Well, I decided to try the game to see how it was doing (yeah, finally :P), and seems everything is going fine. Not perfect, but as long as it is something interesting is enough.

I still have to say that I really don't like the appearance of most of your new Pokemon, but, well, it's just my own opinion, and I'm sure more people than me will like them. It was strange to be using new movesets and that, so that's what it really mattered to me with this "new Pokemon thing"

Hopefully, you'll keep improving the rest of the game with more things that we never knew about... (you, little friend of Kawa XD) So, I'm eager to know what else the future of Marble has for us. Good luck, man!

PS: Every time we cross the railroad we look both sides, it's a good touch, but, I wonder, will the train ever cross that railroad? XD

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
Yeah, these fakes don't suck! They got REEEEEAAALLLYYYYY improved from Corna ones. (I remember when Pikachu was Covolts and now Pikachu is Armorito)

FOUND A GLITCH(I think): In Cobaltsation, there is a rock in the beach, you talk to it and you get 8(eight) Max Ethers!! Baro is this a gift?

Babola and Bobolo evolve as Staryu and Goldeen... ok... but whats with Scimp? It learned DRAGON RAGE!?
Scimp evolves at level 35 to a not-so-****ty dragon pokemon (expelle), so that's fine

The 8 max ethers is a glitch, because hidden items in FR work a different way, the item data is in the same place where in a segular singpost the script offset is put, so AM always saves it with an extra 08. I gotta check all maps with hidden items and edit all the 08 to 01 so you get one.

zel said:
PS: Every time we cross the railroad we look both sides, it's a good touch, but, I wonder, will the train ever cross that railroad? XD
Hmmm, I gotta mess with that script again (to make the character run without glitches when using the bike), so I think I'll add something involving the random command (8F) so sometimes you'll see the train run. Anyway, that has to be after things that happen in the second beta, because the train is said to have a huge, unusual delay. That's no end-of-beta-excuse, but part of the plot.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Oh, was it a glitch? I got another eigth pokeballs in Vanilla City. I thought you were really generous XD

lanroxas

Years
YAY I have a Bultoad!! Will the starters learn the Hyper Beams? Coz Bultoad seem to have "cannon arms" if you understand...

cpsp

Hack Lover
Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2015
like how this is coming along! my vote 4 hack of the year (and on the last day!)

Back