• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Shadow Apocalypse (name iwill most likely be changed)

pokemonmasteraaron

The blind Pokémon Master!
Years
Lets keep this organized.
Let's start with an introduction.
So, hi guys!
I'm a blind Pokémon fan who has loved making games ever since he baught RPG Maker 3 for PS2.
I have used Pokémon Essentials since about this time last year.
Let's face it, my games suck!
Considdering I can't map, yeah….
I am tired of my games not being graphically appealing, therefore having a fanbase of 0.00000000 people.
So, I'm posting my next project here to hopefully obtain a team who can take care of graphical needs E.G. OWs, Maps, backgrounds, or otherwise things that are graphical in nature.
I love eventing though.
I'm pretty good at it, too!
Everyone loves eventing, right?
Just say yes.
If you are interested in joining as a team member, simply post in the thread.
Wait wait!
You haven't even told us what the project is about!
Why would I join?
Your about to find out!
I am going to say this first.
It is the third game in the Pokémon collosseum series.
OK, now on to the next section
Storyline, characters, and other stuff.
(no female option is available, to keep with collosseum standard)
The opening cutseen begins with mayor Parker warning the villagers living in Pelor about sightings of Shadow Pokémon making a re appearence around Orre.
He specifies how dangerous these Pokémon are.
Screen fades out.
The town is being attacked by Team Apocalypse (name may change) members.
Their leader Aavistus' rule is "Anyone who aposes us must die. No matter how young or old."
As the whole village was against his organization, the Team Apocalypse grunts and admins were attacking the village, burning the houses and destroying the citizens of the village.
The mayor, who had worried about something similar, had constructed a shelter for all humans under the age of eighteen.
End of beginning cutseen.
In the following sentences, Derek refers to the name you enter at the beginning of the game.
After the intro, the game begins with Derek and several smaller teenagers and children who are hiding from the devistation which is occuring.
After the noises die out, you try to leave the shelter, but find that rubble is blocking your exit.
Everyone accept the smallest of the children leave threw the emergency exit tunnel.
The tunnel leads to a forest somewhere in Orre.
There are some scattered trainers here and there for you to fight, but none of them have shadow Pokémon.
You eventually end up in another village, Eldur village, and head to the police station.
The police take you back to your home village, and you find blood is everywhere.
The entire village is ruined.
There still is one Team Apocalypse grunt hiding among the rubble, and he knocks out the police officer who took you here.
You, quickly grasping the situation you are in, grab the man's snag machine, not knowing what it was.
The man is outragous.
You must fight him.
He has a Coffing, Staryu, and Shadow Pansage.
You have a Leafeon and Glaceon you have had for a year or so.
After defeating him, you take the police's car back to Eldur village, and reported the incident.
That is all I'm going to spoil for the general reader of this topic.
How ever, I still find it necessary to explain a bit about Team Apocalypse.
They have learned from the mistakes of Snagem and Cipher, which is why they have created their rule about dealing with anyone who aposes them.
They are not stupid.
There Pokémon will be a bit more interesting then your average Joe's Zubat or Sally's Rattata.
If they do have a Zubat or Rattata, atleast expect it to know some moves they cannot ordinarily learn via levelup.
I can't really give away their motive without spoiling to much!
I've got well over the required amount of info, so I am not forced to spoil the game for you.

Will be made in rmxp, as that is the best thing ever!
Will use Pokémon Essentials.
Here's a rough soundtrack, not all songs are in it, and some may change in the future.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58851737/bgm.zip
Umm.
Well, that really sums it up!
I know where I am going with this.
I haven't planned out the storyline from beginning to end, as so many times I think of good sideplots and stuff, but I do know what I am doing.

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
Did you write all those songs? Or did you get them from somewhere?

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I actually did a huge post earlier today... But it took so long I got auto signed out haha oops... I'm not on a laptop or desktop at the minute so I will repost when I get on one

blazerj13

Impossibly Possible~
Years
what do you mean by blind pokemon fan? are you actually blind? if so how did you play the games or how are you even developing this game?

pokemonmasteraaron

The blind Pokémon Master!
Years
what do you mean by blind pokemon fan? are you actually blind? if so how did you play the games or how are you even developing this game?

x
I should have probably explained this in the post..
Here are some things to look up on.
You can google these things.
"screen reader"
"g. w. micro Window eyes"
you also can do more research based on these things.
Basically, I'm using a program which talks to me while I navigate.
See the example below.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58851737/untitled.wav
See?
The screen reader may sound very annoying, but I have easily become acustemed to it, and it's great!
I play the actual games via sound.
Of corse, I need help navigating the routes and puzzles, but I have been a very very good pokémon trainer since I was 7, that would be about 9 years ago.
I could tell you the name of any Pokémon in the Pokédex by its cry.
Of corse, the only way to test me would be in real life or over some kind of chat system.
Anyway, when I downloaded the trial of rmxp, I had a fealing it wouldn't work with my screen reader.
After some invistagation, however, I descovered that it is only making maps and moving the player via event comand that the program doesn't seem to work well with.
I hope I have explained well enough.
However, this is extremely off topic, so ferther questions on the subject should be sent to me through VM or PM.

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
Years
Hey Aaron, see ya got a new game happening, as always, here to help out in any way possible! Never played Colloseum though, not sure if that will be a problem... =/

Back