• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
@PinkSapphire & jackblaze: Sweet! I already have my first post up. He's on one of those phones they use in the anime.

Arctos

Fire and Blood
Years
Hey all

Just posting to apologise for the unannounced absence over the last two weeks (ish?). Real life got in my way and unfortunately posting on here to give you all notice kept getting put off until it slipped my mind. Really very sorry and it shouldn't happen again. Luckily I wasn't interacting with anyone at the time.

I can now post regularly again and would like to know if there is anyone interested in interacting with George or if its so close to the end of the IC day that I should just send him off to the dorm?

Many thanks and again sorry for the lack of notice.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
You can also meet up with Danielle and Lucia at the Cafeteria, your choice though...but I think that's a lot of RP Characters in one place. xD

Arctos

Fire and Blood
Years
Thanks for the offers both of you! I think you're right Meganium it would be getting a bit out of control if i was to join the party in the cafeteria and George will most certainly catch up with Lucia and Danielle in the future. So I'll take up the offer of meeting this Julius fellow if thats still okay with you Silverexorcist!

George's plans were to get some food from the cafeteria if i remember rightly but I'm sure he can change his mind! I'll work on a post tomorrow to explain exactly why he has taken so long getting back to the Academy and to have him bump into Julius for whatever reason i think up (possibly challenging with George also being a slight introvert although not to the extent Julius is if what i have read is anything to go by). Sure i can work something out but for now i need to sleep!

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
@PinkSapphire & jackblaze: I'll post tomorrow since I'm going to work. I'll have Kilik get the news from his mother & have him re-introduce himself to Ruby & Jack! :)

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Just imagine... if all 50 something characters in this RP got together in one place.

...*Shudder*

Something to avoid, methinks.

Anyway, the following users have been dropped for innactivity: kid mind, gunnerpow7, jrez, michaelatheuchicha

There are now a lot of spots open in Raikou dorm. o3o

Last edited:

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Can I sign up for Raiku?

Name: Artemisio Dell

Nickname: Arti

Sex: Male

Dorm: Raiku

Appearance: Arti is about 5'11", and wears flashy clothes like his father. He has long, curly hair, but keeps it in a ponytail underneath his hat. (really a green beanie) He has thick eyebrows, and green eyes. He is rather skinny, with almost no muscle or fat. He's skin and bones, so to say. He wears big, reflective aviator sunglasses when outside, and puts them on top of his head when not. He is very handsome, but also very young.

Personality: Arti has the need for everybody to like him. If someone doesn't, he does anything he can to win them over, even lie and pretend to be someone he isn't. He has problems understanding who he is, because he wears a coat of false personality to make people like him. He is quite humerus, and sometimes acts like a fool to make others laugh. He is a good artist too, and draws funny pictures to cheer people up. His biggest weakness is his habit of doubting himself.

History: Arti was born in Unova, and given up for adoption at birth. he never knew his real parents, but his adoptive father was a well known trainer in Burgh's gym, and artist, Garrett. Garrett raised him himself, and Arti learned a lot about art, and bug pokemon of course. But Arti didn't specifically like bug pokemon, he was more interested in ghost and psychic types, but didn't want to dissapoint Garrett, who was oh-so-proud of his bug loving son. When Arti was 9, Garrett's Leavanny had an egg, which was given to Arti as a gift. Arti was excited to have a pokemon, ghost or not, and fell in love with his Sewaddle when it hatched. The two became great friends, and Sewaddle went wherever Arti went, usually attached to his shoulder. Arti battled challengers of the gym, along with others before they could challenge Burgh himself. Arti wasn't particularly good at battleing, but over the next 4 years he got quite good, and decided to challenge Lenora in Nacrene city when Sewaddle evolved into Swadloon. He lost, miserably. He returned home, crestfallen. Three weeks later, he received a letter inviting him to the pokemon trainer academy, from Professor Oak. Garrett was ecstatic, and gave Arti another pokemon, this time a Joltik. Arti accepted Joltik, still trying to make his father happy, and thought that if he went to this academy, he could catch all kinds of psychic and ghost pokemon. He left on the S.S. Aqua a few days later, bringing his two pokemon and his sketchbook with him.

Pokémon: Swadloon, Joltik
Species: Swadloon
Personality: Swadloon is a very affectionate pokemon, especially towards Arti. They are always together, and are great friends. In battle, Swadloon is very aggressive and serious. He always does what Arti says, because over the years Arti has proved to be a good trainer and decision maker.
Lvl 25
Moves: Bug Bite, Razor leaf, protect, Energy ball, Camouflage

Species: Joltik
Personality: Joltik is very energetic, but because of his short time with Arti, he doesn't completely trust him, often electrocuting him for laughs. He does, however, battle seriously and wouldn't do anything to jeopardize the fight. This doesn't mean he always listens to Arti though, and often does what his instincts tell him to, ignoring his trainer.
Lvl: 18
Moves: Bug Bite, ElectroWeb, Screech, Pursuit

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Won't be posting till Sunday night, just so you all know! (CCW, Greiger, Megaman, & jasonwolf) If you guys are planning to move on feel free to bunny.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
My personal opinion is that, overall, it's of a good quality. My nitpick would be that in many RP circles, it's considered "not cool" to say your character is related to a character of canon. Gym leaders kids, Ash's long lost brother, Alder's Boufallant's groomer etc.

Doing this is often thought to be altering or deciding canon (fact) that we don't know. We don't know if Burgh has kids (I always personally assumed he played for the other team), so we shouldn't decide he does. This is partly to avoid confusion being caused amongst other roleplayers, but also for your own benefit. If the anime expressly states in one episode "Oh, yeah, Burgh. He has no kids." it leaves you with egg on your face and a defunct character.

That's just my experience though! Yellow and Mega may take a different view. Like I said, otherwise the SU is of a high standard imo. Maybe change Burgh to "an accomplished bug-type trainer" if it is an issue for others?

Hope this helps. It all comes from a good place, so please don't feel like I'm trying to bring you down!

Arctos

Fire and Blood
Years
I agree it is of good quality but would also advise you to stay away from close relationships with prominent characters from the games/anime/manga. Its tempting i know but is looked down upon in RP'ing communities because of the frequency such characters seem to also be Mary Sue's. This is not saying yours is (from what i have read it is nowhere near!). Still it's best to try and stay away from such stigma in my opinion.

To sum up see what Yellow and Mega think but definitely think about removing Burgh as the characters father. You could add a much more subtle relationship to Burgh such as him growing up in Castelia City and holding Burgh in high regard as an inspiration or something similar. Something which does not affect canon but would affect your character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back