• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You know you grew up Gen 1 when...

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
This could be entertaining for those who are grew up Gen 3 to 5. Could be anything really from TV to just experiences. If this is somewhere else please move it and I apologize.

You know you grew up Gen 1 when you can sing the pokerap with ease after many years from hearing last time

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
You grew up with Gen 1 if you're still trying to one-hit KO Ghost Pokémon with Psychic moves.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
You know you grew up with Gen 1 when you flipped your cap backwards to match Ash's.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
You know you grew up with Gen 1 when you bought fingerless gloves to match Ash's (and they were absolutely useless but you didn't mind).

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
You know you grew up with Gen 1 when you remember these:
Spoiler:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
You know you grew up in Gen 1 when your most valued card is the Original Holo Charizard.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
You know you grew up in Gen 1 when you started a new game just to try to move that darn truck. Bonus if you bought a different copy just to trade a Pokemon who knew Strength and Surf (I think) over.

Back