• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Deep Breaths...

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
If you to a doctors... they usually have methods at hand to deal with the pain. Usually it involves taking deep breaths, humming a melody, or biting down on something so you don't chomp off your tongue. That begs the question... how well do you handle pain? Is there a difference between "sharp" pain and regular pain for you?

I can handle it pretty well. I always have been able to. If I want, I find that I can consciously subdue my pain if I think hard enough about it. Like when I crashed on my friends quad recently, I got scraped up pretty bad but you know... I still had to climb out of the hole and rescue the quad. It hurt, but you know... not badly. Sharp Pains are a little worse, but they are easy enough to deal with in their own right as they are generally shorter lasting pains.

Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2020
I have a high tolerance to pain, or at least the stuff that would be pretty painful to other people, like I cut my finger with a very sharp knife once (on accident), and to me, it wasn't all that painful.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I dont have a high tolerance for pain at all and do not enjoy when I do something like clumsily bang my foot against something. It tends to really hurt like every time.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I can handle pain pretty darn well.
I'm too stubborn to let people know if I'm hurt, so I can hide it well. I just play it off / pretend I'm fine and move on.

Last edited:

Crux

Evermore
Years
I have a pretty high pain tolerance in general.
Usually if I have to deal with some sort of pain I clench my teeth, and just deal with it.
Hell, most the time people don't even know I'm in pain.

Years
In some areas I guess, in others not even remotely. I generally can keep going through dull pain or muscle pain really well if there's things I need to be doing (won't stop me complaining I guess though), I don't do as well with sharper pains but I hate having to rely on medicines or anything so it will take a lot before I resort to a pain killer (this excludes my back pains that I get, those are hell on earth) I find that weird kind of burning pain to be most unpleasant though because it always seems to be in your stomach or chest, neither of which are fun areas to have hurting.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I don't really like pain but I can take a lot of it. If it's something that catches me off-guard then I'll flinch and swear, but if I know it's coming then I don't really do anything.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
I haven't had too many injuries, so I don't know about severe pains like that, but things like toothaches and headaches, while annoying, I can work through. I have had some injuries that people thought looked painful and i didn't even flinch, but I am assuming it just LOOKED bad.

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2014
Hmm.. I could say I could handle pain pretty fine, it usually hurts for a minute or so when I knocked my head into a lamp post. I was playing Candy Crush. Figures, eh? That hurt for like two minutes, and another time I just slammed into a glass door. It didn't even look like there was a door there, the whole thing was literally glass! That was an exception. It hurt- a lot, but overall pain's fine for me. ;)

Years
Other than the initial reaction to a sudden pain, I'm pretty good at handling it. Heck, a few days ago at work, I unknowingly cut my finger with a box cutter, and didn't even realize I was bleeding until a minute or two later.

I'm also pretty good at dealing with lingering pain, be it when I've twisted my ankle or sprained my wrist, both of which I've done numerous times and refused to see a doctor since I knew it wasn't serious.

sρεcтяα

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
I suppose I'm fairly good at handling pain. If it's short and sharp it's over before it even registers, and if it's prolonged then I'll eventually get used to it. I'm not particularly good at dealing with it until I get accustomed to it, though; stomach pain or headaches tend to incapacitate me for a few minutes before I get adjusted to them, but I DO eventually adjust, so I guess it's better than what it could be.

Years
Fairly well. Take some ibuprofen if I need it, go on with life. Most pain from injuries will go away within a few minutes. I'm always getting into minor accidents due to clumsiness.

If I'm at work, I'm usually too busy to really notice the pain. It's when I'm at home when it can get hard to handle. It probably helps that I haven't had much terrible pain in my life to begin with.

Back