• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Add a "posted from " onto forum topics and posts

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
You would be surprised, Facebook already has this feature. You already implemented the like system which I didn't think the forum needed, I think this would be better than that.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
But there's literally no reason why this feature would be useful. Unpopular with some as it is, the Like system does have uses. While it's a feature we share in common with Facebook, we aren't trying to be Facebook by copying all of its features. Just because some other website has a pointless feature doesn't mean we should have it too.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
You would be surprised, Facebook already has this feature. You already implemented the like system which I didn't think the forum needed, I think this would be better than that.
I'm (and 99.99% of the memberbase) more interested if someone likes what I'm contributing than if someone is posting from an iPod, an android, or the web.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years

It's funny you say that, because there's already like 3 or more people that liked the post from the people above lol.

And why would someone be interested if it was posted from IOS or mobile and such?

At least the like system permits other people to agree or like what the person posted without having to add to the thread "Oh I like that too!"

And a lot of people here on PokeCommunity actually uses the Like feature :)

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
I always thought that 'feature' was in fact just a plug for the company who made the device and that they had some agreement with the site.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Yes, because exactly what we need now is a needless tag seen on the end of every post. This is a forum, and while I'm pretty open to branching out in the more conventional "social media" direction, there's actually no point in adding every feature the sites use. Nobody cares if when you post about your favourite Pokémon or toilet brush, if it comes from your phone, your computer or otherwise. It's needless clutter.

Posted from my computer with my keyboard on the 25th of December two thousand and twelve from my couch

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Don't they do this already with the mobile app?

Back