• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Favorite Town/City?

Favorite Town/City?

• Littleroot Town

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Oldale Town

• Petalburg City

• Rustboro City

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Dewford Town

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Slateport City

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • Mauville City

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Verdanturf Town

• Fallarbor Town

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lavaridge Town

• Fortree City

Votes: 31 27.9%
  • Lilycove City

Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Mossdeep City

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • Sootopolis City

Votes: 12 10.8%
  • Pacifidlog Town

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Ever Grande City

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Years
One of my absolute favorite things about RSE was the incredible variety in the cities and towns, from you averages starter towns, to cities like Mauville that felt more spread-out and laid-back, to a village in a trees, or on logs floating in the middle of the dang ocean to A CITY INSIDE A VOLCANO.

Pretty much every town had a unique sensibility, and it all added up to the constantly surprising and unique experience that really kept the sense of wonder and exploration that I've always treasured in the Pokemon series.

So which was your favorite?

While Sootopolis was undeniably cool as all get out, my favorite would probably be Pacifidlog Town. Sure, it wasn't that big and was mostly a convenient rest stop when trekking across the gigantic ocean, but that tiny town just completely captured my imagination. As soon as I surfed into sight of it, I was wowed, and I loved the great details, like the way the logs would submerge slightly when you walked on them. Even though it's not very large, every now and then I like to go there just to run around on the logs for a couple minutes. {:3}

Years
I think Pacifidlog was a very good concept but unfortunately it came near the very end of the game so there's no significance to it whatsoever.

My favorite has to be Sootopolis followed by Fortree and Lavaridge. However I think every single town in this game, maybe bar first couple of towns, had a uniqueness to it, and that's what made Hoenn one of my favorite regions for me.

Years
My favorite city in the game was Lilycove. Now, the general appearance is alright, nothing special, but this city holds many visited attractions. There's the department store, the contest hall, the harbor, move deleter, the Safari Zone to the east, etc. This city was definitely my most visited in the game and will always be my favorite.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Fortree has been my favorite place in the Hoenn region for as long as I can remember. Living in trees around well... more trees, the routes beside it are amazing, and the gym leader is amazing as well. Just everything about Fortree was and still is amazing to me. I don't know if I would ever live in a place like that but its such a fascinating place to where I totally would try to live in the place even if it doesn't work out for long. The experience would be fabulous if anything. ♥

Years
Mossdeep :P It's a bit rustic, and has a friggen space centre! But mostly it's rustic, reminds me of Hawaii.

Sirfetch’d

I agree with Fortree city. I loved the entire concept of an entire city being in the trees. It was such a beautiful city that I was immediately impressed with the first time that I saw it. I was also a huge fan of the gym in the city and felt that it had the best puzzle of all of them.

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
I really liked Lilycove City. For some reason I always wound up there. The city just had a nice layout and I liked the contests. It was just a fun city, I guess
777ff663.gif

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I was a big fan of Slateport. The city had an extremely cheerful theme, a ship harbor, it was one of the Pokémon Contest locations, it had a museum, and it was the home of Slateport Market, a place where people gathered to sell all their items. What more could you ask for? d: I liked Mossdeep City, too. This was the official location of Hoenn Space Center. Fortree was one of my favorites, too. I loved the way how people had their houses on top of trees, and the atmosphere seemed very nice and calming.

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2017
I really liked how different Fortree was to everything else. The idea of having a entire city being a cluster of treehouses was a very creative one and held with the tropical theme of the region.

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
I really liked how different Fortree was to everything else. The idea of having a entire city being a cluster of treehouses was a very creative one and held with the tropical theme of the region.

! this too!

Also reminds me of that water town... Pacifidlog! Rather than a town of treehouses, a town of water-huts!

Very creative on Gamefreak's part.

Years
Actually I can't decide which town I love, because overall I liked every one of them. However, the ones that I did stay the most at, where Sootopolis and Fortree. The whole idea of living in the trees, and reaching a hiding city by fly or dive was magnificient. It felt like you were exploring the whole world. And to top it all off, they had good background music.

Years
It's a close call between Slateport and Fortree for me, but since the latter doesn't seem all that convenient or realisitc, I'll go with Slateport as my favorite. Not only is it connected to a large beach, but it's home to a ferry service, a contest hall/battle tent, an aquatic museum, an outdoor marketplace and more.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Ever Grande City. The place was flowery and beautiful. The problem is, it wasn't shown enough for people to realize its true beauty. And the waterfall seemed amazing.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
I Like Slateport city then any other city in R\S\E here i can tell the reasons

Reason 1) there are too many things to see

2) I can buy Protein, Iron and other state upgrade things to raise the base stats of my Pokemon, Its also useful in League

3) There is a museum and a too many Historical Monuments to see like Fossils, models of ship and sumarine and other cool things (Also because first time you enter the museum you get a chance to fight with team rocket grunts )

3) In emerald there is a Battle tent so i can fight with other trainers with other trainers Pokemon it depends on luck that what kind of Pokemon you got.

4)There is also Slateport harbor where i can have a ferry to birth,navel, battle frointer etc etc.

there are more reasons but this are the major reason for why i like this city !

Years
My favorite place was Lilycove.. I mean, it was the headquarters of Pokémon contests, which I was an active coordinator in my games, and it also houses the lottery corner and the department store for Hoenn.

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 22, 2015
Gen 3 was pretty creative. For example, my favorite city, Fortree City. With the concept of secret hideouts, Fortree was freaking awesome! Whoever thought of a Hoenn treefort city, give them a cookie.

Back