• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Yet Another Fire Red Hack

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
it's time for yet another insubstantial update

Changelog:
Spoiler:

Years
Just thought I would share a bug. Whenever you apply your patch with a rom base, it seems to mess up warps. Like for instance, I tested this with the 'Pigbag' base for firered, and then applied your patch, I was playing the game, all of going good, then when I try entering a building, such as Prof. Oak's Lab, it freezes. =/

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Just thought I would share a bug. Whenever you apply your patch with a rom base, it seems to mess up warps. Like for instance, I tested this with the 'Pigbag' base for firered, and then applied your patch, I was playing the game, all of going good, then when I try entering a building, such as Prof. Oak's Lab, it freezes. =/

Could be a small issue regarding mixing ROM Bases and a hack. Not really a god idea as there may be a conflict. Technically shouldn't happen as I made that ROM Base you used and changed nothing in the lab, but you never know. Play it without the ROM Base.

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2014
I love this hack very much. It's awesome. But I have found a bug. When I battle with opponents that have 2 more pokemons I could not switch my pokemon to battle in first turn after I defeated opponent's first pokemon. Can you fix it?

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
I love this hack very much. It's awesome. But I have found a bug. When I battle with opponents that have 2 more pokemons I could not switch my pokemon to battle in first turn after I defeated opponent's first pokemon. Can you fix it?

You know,

The game no longer makes fun of you for forgetting to enable Set mode.
I didn't actually take the "[trainer] is about to send out something. Will [player] cheat?" string out of the ROM. Nor did I change the pointer to it to point to the old one. Maybe I should before someone accuses me of being deceptive about my deceptive changelog, even though it nonetheless never shows up anymore.

(straight answer: that's not a bug)

Years
Could be a small issue regarding mixing ROM Bases and a hack. Not really a god idea as there may be a conflict. Technically shouldn't happen as I made that ROM Base you used and changed nothing in the lab, but you never know. Play it without the ROM Base.

Hmm, well it would be very nice to use updated graphics. =D But I understand, maybe you could try it yourself and fix it. O.o
And DoesntKnowHowToPlay, maybe you could try making the rom base more compatible. =3

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Hmm, well it would be very nice to use updated graphics. =D But I understand, maybe you could try it yourself and fix it. O.o
And DoesntKnowHowToPlay, maybe you could try making the rom base more compatible. =3

As long as you don't distribute it, I'm open for you importing the tilesets and pallettes over using Advance Map's Block Editor, if the creator allows you anyway. I can't make a ROM Base work for one hack as I did it on a clean ROM, as a base for others to build on, not for hacks to be patched onto it straightaway.

Years
As long as you don't distribute it, I'm open for you importing the tilesets and pallettes over using Advance Map's Block Editor, if the creator allows you anyway. I can't make a ROM Base work for one hack as I did it on a clean ROM, as a base for others to build on, not for hacks to be patched onto it straightaway.
Hmm.. nice. But I don't know how to do that. xD And I would only use it for my own personal use. No distribution at all.

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2016
I was wondering, if there is a list of wild pokemon on routes somewhere?

Great hack, man.

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
Wow. This hack blows me away. I've been following this hack since it came out, and
I gotta say this is really distinguished from other FR hacks. You really made a quality hack. I just started playing it today for the first time and I took on Brock. I swept him with my Petilil at level 13 with +2 from growth and a bunch of absorbs. I feel I'm really going to enjoy this.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Hey doesn't, have you ever thought of inserting Choice Specs to be alongside Choice Band since you're putting in newer items? Or is that even possible as of yet?

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
Just beat E4 with
Blaziken
Cloyster (I finally got to use this guy!)
Lilligant
Electivire
Togekiss
Nidoking

Pretty sweet squad. Amazing game. Loved the new sprites, type changes, especially loved no Sevii Islands! Looking forward to your next game!

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Hey doesn't, have you ever thought of inserting Choice Specs to be alongside Choice Band since you're putting in newer items? Or is that even possible as of yet?

I don't know how I forgot to put that in the changelog, but Choice Specs were added along with the other items. It was actually the first of the lot that I got working. They're obtainable in Saffron's Fighting Dojo and in the lowest floor of Cerulean Cave.

If anyone is still looking for the others, they're located in Pokemon Tower, Seafoam Islands, and the Safari Zone. They replace existing (non-valuable) items, but with different flags so they're still obtainable on an old save.

I was wondering, if there is a list of wild pokemon on routes somewhere?
Sorry for totally missing this post- there is not one currently, but I might be able to whip one up. There's also the in-game Pokedex if you're looking for a specific mon- the only normal ones you won't see on trainers at some point are Abra (game corner exclusive), Beldum (Diglett's Tunnel), Larvesta (Safari Zone and Pokemon Mansion), and the Chansey line (everywhere outside).

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
Like I've said so many times before, this hack is amazing !

I would love if you could keep a few updates, with maybe new moves or abilities, such as Prankster (if that's even possible).

And I know this would be asking alot, but maybe a new version (let's call it YetAnotherPokémonGreen ahah) with the same exact features, but different pokémon ! It would be amazing. Kudos!

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2013
Gotta quick question. I got that murkrow nicknamed lucky, and I've leveled him
up to 45 and he still hasn't evolved. Jw about that but Ill keep using him and see if he wants to evolve anytime soon. Btw great hack! I've had my eyes glued to my android for a few days now.
Oh and I ran into a shiny ferrothorn and he killed me :( I hope I get another chance at him lol

Back