• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Remixes

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Miror B and Diantha, retro styled music.

So this Christmas I released two very significant tracks to me, and I wanted to share them with PC.

The first is an 8 bit NES styled arrangement of the X and Y champion music. I've been getting a lot of practice with this style of music by arranging PMD1 music for the past month or so and before now I've been unable to arrange this song in a way that sounded pleasing to me. (I tried and failed.) After getting all this practice however I tried against not long before Christmas and realized that I had succeeded this time in no small part due to me making use of DPCM and having a better understanding of what should and should not be cut out of a song during the demixing process and some help from friends within the community.

If you're hearing something you're unused to in this type of music it's probably the DPCM. It's sunsoft bass, a fairly rare example as far as DPCM goes but sunsoft's DPCM is some of the best so I couldn't resist the urge to use it.

----------

The second is an arrangement of Miror B's battle theme from Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness. I took inspiration from disco by heavily leaning towards synth instruments. I then looked up some of the other attempts at covering this song and took some inspiration from them in the form of the faux acid bass I have going on. I then attempted to remaster the song in the cheesiest way I could, getting creative and using second opinions from friends in the community along the way as I attempted to perfect the mixing. I had a lot of fun making this and while I'm not sure it tops the original, I'm reasonably proud of it.

I stressed pretty hard on both of these, making last minute changes literally the day before Christmas in an effort to perfect them. Normally I never give myself deadlines, but this time I really wanted to get these out in time for the holidays. If anyone happens to have constructive criticism I'd be glad to hear it. Otherwise the only thing I could ask for on top of being able to make this stuff to begin with is knowing other people enjoy it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Sounds nice :3 I don't make remixes myself, I haven't bothered figuring out how to do it. There are so many people who are great at it already. But of course, if you never start you can never become great! So it's cool to hear that you are working on it.

One of my favorite remixed pokémon tracks is this one. It's pretty different from the original, especially the intro and the overall atmosphere of it. I love when remixes are done with a lot of feeling, to really add something to the original track.

The term "remix" is so wide, on the same song there is stuff like this made by a PC member. Very very different from the original, and great imo :D

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
I really enjoy these, especially the Mirror B battle theme (Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness)! I don`t have any complaints about them at all. Great job on it!

Years
Since we had two remix threads in PGen, I've merged the two so this can serve as a catch-all thread for them, whether they're created by one of you or just ones you've found online that you happen to enjoy. And to keep this from being a PGC thread, feel free to include remixes of anime music as well!

I really like both of your remixes PkMnTrainer Yellow, even though I'm not familiar with either of those themes. I'm always a sucker for 8-bit remixes though, and both of them sound really well done.

And I like your update to that Mystery Dungeon theme, emberjed. Again, I'm not familiar with the source material, but I've got to appreciate the effort that you and others put into these things, as I'd never be able to do one myself.

MERGED.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I found myself listening to your second song several times, Marin :3 Nice work.

Hands down the most beautiful remixes I've heard, which I want everyone to know about, are the Kanto Reorchestrated project. They're rearrangements and orchestrations more than "remixes" I guess, though I'm not sure what the differences between all those terms is. Maybe someone who makes music like this can enlighten me?

Here's an example~

Spoiler:

Back