• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
How it's going Metapod?
Which event are ya doin' now?

I'm working on it when I can. :)

I'm still perfecting St. Anne. I've added some Rocket goons, but need to change them in A-Trainer, and I'm working on the part where you battle Jessie and James. I've got a semi-script for the Captain where, when you talk to him (after finding Cut), there's an earthquake animation, and I'm hoping I can create a script that will eventually lead you to being stranded at sea - but I'm not at that point yet!

Thanks for asking!

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
I'm still perfecting St. Anne. I've added some Rocket goons, but need to change them in A-Trainer, and I'm working on the part where you battle Jessie and James. I've got a semi-script for the Captain where, when you talk to him (after finding Cut), there's an earthquake animation, and I'm hoping I can create a script that will eventually lead you to being stranded at sea - but I'm not at that point yet!

It's awesome that you're going through a lot of Progress since the last update.
Can wait to see more updates.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Great :) Btw ya might ask the creator of Ash's Quest hack he'd sure know how to do that

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Wow this is nice! But if you added some tiles or spiced up the look of the hack, this would be great!
It seems exciting, hope you do well on this ;)

Btw, if you need help creating an earthquake, I can help. It's a little more tricky than "special 0x136"

Last edited:

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
It's awesome that you're going through a lot of Progress since the last update.
Can wait to see more updates.

Thanks! Here's a quick update:

I got a script working that will have the St. Anne animation take place once you board the ship, and once you board the ship, you can't leave, so that you'll be on the ship while it sets sail. I'll probably try to add a healing person somewhere as well to substitute for a Pokemon Center.

Great :) Btw ya might ask the creator of Ash's Quest hack he'd sure know how to do that

I've got the earthquake itself to work, but the whole script needs refinement.

Wow this is nice! But if you added some tiles or spiced up the look of the hack, this would be great!
It seems exciting, hope you do well on this ;)

Btw, if you need help creating an earthquake, I can help. It's a little more tricky than "special 0x136"

Thanks! :) Adding tiles and stuff will probably be the last thing I do, though.

With the earthquake script, I just had it call an already existing earthquake script in the game, rather than try to make a new one.

UPDATE: I've pretty much finished the St. Anne event. I'll be working on the shipwreck and island of giant Pokémon events next. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Thanks! :) Adding tiles and stuff will probably be the last thing I do, though.

With the earthquake script, I just had it call an already existing earthquake script in the game, rather than try to make a new one.
Oh, okay. Never thought of doing it that way :\
But good luck with it :D

Tudj

HeartGold :P
Years
in this, with the charmander, bulbasaur and squirtle events do u have to cxatch them or after you beat them they join your team, because to follow the anime you had all 3

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2016
In the Anime, both Bulbasaur and Charmander were caught during battles they wanted to have, but Squirtle just joined the team without participating in one.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
in this, with the charmander, bulbasaur and squirtle events do u have to cxatch them or after you beat them they join your team, because to follow the anime you had all 3

I have it so you have to battle and catch them for them to join your party. Charmander and Squirtle didn't exactly go that way in the anime, but Ash did battle both of the before catching them in a way, and imo it works a lot better than having them just choose to join you.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
The newest-er screenshots are looking better. Still kinda blurry though. What are you taking them on anyways?

Edit: OH. You're saving them in JPEG. That's why the quality sucks. Save as PNG from now on por favor so they don't look blurry. -.-

Last edited:

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I've been busy for a while, but got a chance the last couple days to work on the hack. I've finished the Island of the Giant Pokemon event and will be moving on to Porta Vista next.

Reina07

There can only be one victor!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 19, 2012
Awesome hack.

Where are the banners so I can put it onto my signature

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Quick update: I finished the events of Beauty and the Beach and Tentacool and Tentracruel - though I didn't do much with the latter episode, but it was just a throwaway episode anyway. Next up is The Ghost of Maiden's Peak.

That leaves just:

The Ghost of Maiden's Peak
Bye Bye Butterfree

Abra and the Psychic Showdown
The Tower of Terror
Haunter Versus Kadabra
Primeape Goes Bananas

... before I'm ready to release a Beta.

Last edited:
Back