• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Furniture Interactions!!!!

jov0006

Beygimon! Gotta let it rip!
Years
When I play pokemon i just get angry when a chair is blocking my way. I mean why cant I sit down on it or move it around? Maybe considering the new regions gonna be France we could have dialouge in a restaurant where you have to sit down on the chair to interact with the NPC. I mean cant we at least have something similar to skyrim where we can interact with furniture?

Also, I would love to see a minigame out of the console in your house similar to Xtransciever where you use infrared to play the minigame!

Also I think ladders should exist in the next pokemon game. If you can have plenty of them in pokemon ranger games why not in the mainstream?

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Because of Pokemon Ranger's more 3D look than the main series, we could very possibly get ladders (which I'm totally down with)

It'd be interesting to interact with furniture but rather impractical... From what we've seen, and I know we saw next to nothing, I kinda doubt it'll be a feature, though.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
It would be so cool if Pokémon X and Pokémon Y had the ability to interact with furniture. I remember in the days of Diamond/Pearl and earlier, you were able to lay in anyone's bed like you'd normally do in the real world.

But then it became absent from Generation V, and you couldn't do anything with any furniture.

Seeing as we now have 3D models of characters, it's certainly a possibility that Pokémon X and Pokémon Y could have the ability for the player to interact with furniture. It would be so cool as well. ^^

Guy

just a guy
Years
It would be about darn time! Haha

This is a small nitpick I've always had, especially when it came to our own furniture in secret bases. We see other NPC's clearly being able to use them, yet as the player, to us it's treated as some sort of barrier. While at other times we've only been able to interact with certain furniture when the games deemed it fit for us to use. It's one of those situations where you're like, "Whyyyy? /sadface"

It's not important, but it doesn't make sense. I hope, although I don't have my hopes up, that with the 3D look they will allow us to interact more with the furniture they set around.

Actual tall ladders to climb would be cool too! Hey, if we can swing on vines...

jov0006

Beygimon! Gotta let it rip!
Years
There would only be one problem. You couldnt have puzzles like the strange house if furnie interactions exist. I guess it wouldnt be that much of a big deal considering that place is completely optional.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
Years
I'd love to get the more real feel in the Pokemon games. Sometimes it's just the little things that make you want to play, like interacting with the environment.

Years
Unfortunately with the move to 3D, I actually see it being less likely that we'll be able to interact with furniture like chairs and beds. Extra animations would have to be made, which while I'm sure wouldn't be a huge task, I think they'd rather allocate that time to other areas of the game.

That being said, I did miss not being able to use chairs, beds, etc. in the 5th gen, even if it didn't add much to the game. Like I said, I wouldn't be shocked if we don't get it, but I'll be gladly surprised if we do.

Back