• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Nosepass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Nosepass the nosy compass! Did you bother catching him? Impressed by Roxanne's Nosepass? Rock Smash, and all.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Yeah, once. Haven't got him in my last playthrough of Emerald, I just realised. Might have to go back and look. But yeah, he's only good for Pokédex, and you forget about him by the time you have Rock Smash.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I caught a Nosepass in Pokémon Emerald. It was very hard for me to encounter it, though, because every time I went searching for it, a bunch of Geodude used to show up. I used to train this Pokémon a lot, because I thought that I'd be able to evolve it once it got to level 50. Sounds silly, I know. xD When I was finally able to figure out that it doesn't evolve, I traded it with my friend. She needed this Pokémon in order to fill up her Pokédex.

Sirfetch’d

Roseanne's was a pain in the butt to beat even with Double Kick from Combusken. She would lower my speed with Nosepass's Rock Tomb and then use potions to recover damage which gave her more time to defeat me. Overall, Nosepass is just an OK pokemon. I am not fond of his design at all, but he is a good Pokemon defensively.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I've only caught Nosepass to fill up my Pokedex. Never used it before.

@Lucky1Yena Although it's a rock-type, it probably is able to learn Thunder Wave as it's a magnetic Pokemon, which means it's connected to electricity in a way.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
I did catch Nosepass, but simply to fill my Pokedex. I pick my Pokémon team based on looks and I'm not a fan of his design. He could be really powerful for all I know, but I still wouldn't use him in battle.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I've never even considered using Nosepass on my team. It's just one of those Pokemon that 'oh hey it's okay' but if I wanted a Rock pokemon on my team there are still many other Rock Pokemon I have yet to use. Especially since I don't use Rock types often on my team.

Maybe one say, if I'm running out of Rock Pokemon I'll use it. But until then it will just be a Pokemon that exists but have not been used by me.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I didn't know where to get him til way after the point where I would have raised one and added it to my team. I have used it on a team before, and it's eh. It's great for stalling, though.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I used one once and tried to play through the game with it but it wasn't worth it so I boxed it. It was difficult as all hell to find, though. The time I spent looking for one is really disproportional to the time I spent wanting to use it once I had it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I haven't used Nosepass simply because it's a stalling/wall Pokémon and those are boring as heck to use in-game. It's like trying to train a Chansey or a Shuckle - they're decent for competitive battling but they're awful to use as Pokémon for an in-game team. I'd be willing to give it a try to see if I'm wrong since his offensive stats aren't drastically bad, btu there are countless other Pokémon that I'd want to try before Nosepass. I caught one for Pokédex completion but that was it haha.

Years
Caught? Yes. Did it cause a lot of anger and frustration as the darn thing wouldn't stay in its Pokeball? Definitely yes! I was never a fan of Nosepass' design so I didn't use him, but I was always a Pokemon collector so having it in my dex was a must.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
i was impressed by Roxanne's nosepass. i never caught nosepass though. never interested in him.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I would have used it if I knew where to find it back then. I may use it in my next play through however.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 3, 2016
It's a good first gym Pokemon. Along with Onix and Miltank and stuff. But once your Pokemon develop a move pool they are practically worthless. I've never caught a Nosepass and I'm not sure if I ever will. However, a solo run with one would be pretty cool.

Years
No , because I don't like Nosepass as in my opinion it is too slow in battles as well as with average moves. Though it's evolution provides some decent results but that's another story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back