• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon TRE: Team Rocket Edition

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Hack Name:
Pokemon TRE: Team Rocket Edition

Hack of:
Pokemon Red

Story:
Giovanni is having a competition to see who will be his successor in leading Team Rocket. The competition is between you and your sister, and you must beat all of the gyms and the elite four.

Features:
New Maps
Text changed
New Sprites/Tiles

Really I changed ALOT in this hack, much of which has never been done before in a first generation game, I just don't want to ruin it.

Bugs:
Some pokemon have in party sprites
When viewing trainer card, gym leaders pictures have glitches sprites ontop
Random sprites change on some routes
Some trainers have different names
When viewing pokemon stats, its types do not show

Just because some say not sure doesn't mean I won't fix it. I will try to figure out how, and if that fails I will create a workaround (like, if necessary, removing them from the game)

Screenshots:
rocket6.png
rocket5-1.png

Rocket4.png
Rocket3.png

Rocket2.png
Rocket1.png

Video:
You can watch the intro at YouTube here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_TyUHNyvms

Release:
The Final version with bug fixes release: December 25, 2008
It can be played online here: (Firefox only)
http://javaboy.07x.net/

Here is the patch:

Attachments

• Pokemon TRE.ips
    138.1 KB · Views: 14,164
Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
plese do me two favors
realse a beta before october
and remap the pokemon

Thanks guys. I don't think I'll be releasing a beta since I probably only have a week worth of work (try saying that ten times fast) left. The thing is, there are two parts where I actually don't know how to do it, so that might take longer. I'll release more screenshots soon, but if someone actually looked harder they might find a fifth screenshot I hid somewhere.

And snowy, what do you mean by remapping the pokemon? You mean changing their pictures, such as in Pokemon Brown? That might or might not have been done. ;)

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
Years
Wow,this looks pretty cool! Im usually not attracted to hacks that don't have Fire Red Leaf Green graphics and I usually always HATE Team Rocket Hacks but something is compelling me from clicking the back button...I will definatly come back to see how this is going. Good luck!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
A Red hack? Now that's something I haven't played in some time... So, I am open to play it.

I just wanted to know if it is possible to see a few new events, or is it mostly a graphical hack? (maps, tiles and sprites)

Good luck, hope you manage to pull out the stuff you are missing (hint: CBMan?), and give us a release whenever it's ready.

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Well you won't see any new events like in Prism, because I have no idea how the scripting works. Sorry. But hopefully you will enjoy some other features.

I'll add more screenshots and update the first thread tomorrow.

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
Years
Nice to see a red hack around. I have actually done the same with a old hack of mine (the re pointing of the pictures) So for example ash's back image is pointing at the old man.

Hope all goes well in finishing it.

BlazikenMaster2000

Blaziken Master
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 7, 2008
this is a good hack, but i have some questions:
1 when you fight giovanni throughout the regular red, blue, and yellow games, is it going to be giovonni or someone else, and is the eight badge going to be coming from him or not?

BlackDragonite

Austrian Pokémon Expert
Years
Looks nice.
But the Ekans and the Meowth in the intro look a bit... uhm... not right. Why don´t you use the Sprites/Backsprites of the game?
And another question: Is the "Hero" James? Because the sprite in the intro is deffenetly NOT James. You could use the G/S/C sprites of them, or am I wrong?

But all the other things look great.

Ps.: You´ve forgott the ` over Pokémon^^

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Instead of Giovanni and Team Rocket, you will fight the police force and its chief.

Also, I can't use their front sprites and back sprites because the intro is editable in a tile editor, while the sprites are not. I know I can import pictures, but I actually like the intro because I know I made it myself (same reason for the James sprite instead of ash).
Plus, it would be too hard to import because each row has a different number of blocks, and sometimes there is a black block in the middle of some rows, as you can see in the second ekans sprite. And of course, I would still have to make my own sprite because even if I get the default ones, I would still need to add the attack sprites. It's kind of complicated to explain, but basically I'm going to leave them the way they are.

And the title screen logo (where it says Pokemon Rocket) is going to change.

Back