• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What part annoyed you the most in G/S/C?

MarioManH

top kek
Years
Basicly like my one thread on what annoyed you the most in R/B/Y, now tell everyone what annoyed you the most in G/S/C!

I would have to say the Radio Tower, it got boring practically battling the same Pokemon over and over again.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
There wasn't really anything "annoying" in g/s/c but I agree with the radio tower, Team Rocket really need to vary their Pokemon instead of having teams full of Rattatas, Koffing, and Zubat, I mean come on! Also the Tin Tower trying to get to Ho-Oh was kind of annoying. Last thing that was annoying would have to be your rival. He wasn't even worth battling he just spammed status inflicters and stat reducers.

Huggie

Mewtwo lover :3
Years
Radio tower by far....the first time I played crystal I had managed to defeat team rocket in mahogany town and then proceded to Blackthorn but that annoying guy in front of the den wouldn't let me pass and it took me ages to find what I was missing! Which I finally discovered completely by luck, when I returned to goldenrod for a pokemon in the day care..

Years
I didn't really care for the Rocket Base in Mahogany Town. I preferred the Radio Tower over it simply because of the background music.

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2012
Radio tower by far....the first time I played crystal I had managed to defeat team rocket in mahogany town and then proceded to Blackthorn but that annoying guy in front of the den wouldn't let me pass and it took me ages to find what I was missing! Which I finally discovered completely by luck, when I returned to goldenrod for a pokemon in the day care..

Haha, same here! That guy annoyed me soooooooo much.

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2012
Tin tower it took me a long time to get through it to get to Ho-Oh i always kept reaching a dead end and without a walkthrough it was really tough :o

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2012
Tin tower it took me a long time to get through it to get to Ho-Oh i always kept reaching a dead end and without a walkthrough it was really tough :o

For tin tower i took the fun out of it and searched a walk through >:) haha

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Radio Tower I don't know about you guys but it was alot less annoying in HGSS. Same for the Tin Tower getting to Ho-Oh was annoying at least in HGSS they made it a bit more fun with those ramp things (but still very annoying to navigate)

Years
UGH, Crystal. The fact that I missed my only chance to catch Suicune. I hadn't saved in a long time, so I couldn't start over, and I don't think I had any pokeballs, or I ran out or something. Idk, too long ago. Still sucks and brings back horrible memories of the only legendary I didn't get to catch. ):

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
But I loved the radio tower... The music was epic and it really felt like Team Rocket's assault, the part the game had been leading up to.

Most irritating was either the impossible Miltank or the amount of HMs needed to get Lugia. The Whirl islands as a whole just bothered me so much that I didn't even try to get Lugia sometimes.

Nomine

サトセレ
Years
The Radio Tower. Having to battle Zubat, Koffing, and others over and over again? It gets tiring after your... 13th(?) time through. Not to mention how many trainers you have to battle your way through. And going to the Pokémon Center back and forth battle after battle...

ZeroCracked

Black Aura
Years
The part where you had to battle the Electrodes in the Generator, or whatever. I don't quite remember as my last time playing Crystal, I was like 9, and I haven't reached that part in my more current revisiting yet.

It was just so boring, with my overleveled Typhlosion just spamming Flame Wheel until they were KO'd.

WasSollDas

Fighting / Psychic ROOLZ!
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 8, 2016
OK. I think you might think that I'm stupid, but the most annoying part in my Pokemon crystal was the fact that after I beat Bianca, I have to go see the "moving tree" (Suduwoodo), talk to the girl who tries to get the sprinkling can, go back to the city, get the sprinkling can, and then FINALLY battle Suduwoodo.

If you really think I'm stupid, the other annoying part was the 5th gym, where Primeape kept using double team. Yeah, that's more normal, I guess.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
ICE PATH.

I had such a hard time going through ice path. Ugh, dont even talk about it...

Years
  • Seen May 5, 2012
The most annoying part of Silver wasn't actually a part of the game. I loved the entire thing. But what did annoy me was that I found my cartrage a few months ago and the data was deleted, and now it won't save any of my progress :/

Back