• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Lost and Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArchXDeath

Eevee Trainer!
Years
It's sarcasm, Wind Gale. Anyway, so this post isn't spam, What in the #$^@#$% is the Nintendo Fangame Convention? (Wait, is this message still spam?)

Last edited:

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Hey, this looks really cool! And I love your update style, it makes me almost as mad as those stupid japanese magazines that get released right before each new game... corocoro, I think it's called. Maddening.
Lol, but seriously, this looks fantastic I can't wait to see what you do with this. I'd help, but I have no idea how to use RMXP, and I'm not willing to buy it anyway...
Good luck!

You know, I didn't even know there was a Nintendo fangame convention...

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2012
Just to clear up what you've all been asking...

Nintendo Fangame Convention is only days away now (starts Monday) Here is the link for it:
http://nintendocfc.com/?act=home

I will post on Monday morning to remind everyone and publicise my game ^^

I think it's very exciting that we're this close to the event and I'll finally be able to reveal loads of the stuff I;ve been working on for months.

...But updates won't stop at the Convention! To remind you of that, here are some Low quality "Magazine Scans" of what I plant o update about shortly after the Nintendo Fangame Convention:

Anyone got any ideas on deciphering those? ^^

Until next time!

ArchXDeath

Eevee Trainer!
Years
1st Pic: A world map?
2nd Pic: There's an Aipom, and the other is I think a Slakoth...
3rd Pic: A Cherrim and a Vespiqueen.
Soo....Was I right?

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2012
1st Pic: A world map?
2nd Pic: There's an Aipom, and the other is I think a Slakoth...
3rd Pic: A Cherrim and a Vespiqueen.
Soo....Was I right?

Yup! You've got the general idea...but what's goign on in each screenshot will be more difficult to decipher!

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Well, I notice that you've given this the same talking style as MD, with the character's picture floating in the textbox left...
That's pretty cool, I always preferred that style.

ArchXDeath

Eevee Trainer!
Years
Hmm...deciphering? How could I do that...hmm....So, you said that on Monday, lots of stuff will be revealed...that means the ?!?! Pokemon will be revealed, right?

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2012
Nintendo Fangame Convention

Well everyone, I've been looking forward to this day for months. Please visit the Nintendo Fangame Convention where there's plenty going on. Alternatively, go straight to the Booths Page
to see all the fantastic work everyone has been putting in.

...Although then again, if you're just interested in my game, why not go direct to My Game Booth for plenty or exclusive content, which won't be added to this thread until after the Convention has finished. So if you want to see soem new exciting content, head on over!

I would also like to proudly announce the revelation of Blu the Pikablu, the other main character of Pokémon: Lost and Found, who, before the events of the game, was a human and was somehow turned into a Pokémon. There is a whole page on him at my booth so head on over there!

...Well, I said I wouldn't post anything here, but I couldn't reisit posting the trailer, could I? Enjoy!

Enjoy the Convention, support me by posting lots and lots here and there, vote for my game etc. Do your bit!

And now I'm off for a conveniently planned short holiday. Will be back before the weekend and start doing some more game work then!

See ya!

masterpokemontrainer

Master Trainer
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 7, 2010
wow! cool video. i'm not too sure about the battle system though. maybe you could change it to look more like mystery dungeon's battle system or the classic pokemon system? oh and by the way, cool blu sprites

ArchXDeath

Eevee Trainer!
Years
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!! Is all I can say! Cool Trailer! What language is the voice at the end? *Checks* Sounds like Spanish, or Japanese....I can't tell....
I don't exactly like the battles either, but you're using RPG Maker XP, right? If I'm right, then I find it makes sense...since I can't figure out how to work variables or write scripts, even if my life depended on it...
Why a Pikablu? I was expecting something like...well I don't know, I just knew it would be a fakemon....but it isn't...exactly, since it is a...*Starts watching DBZ* "Fusionnnnnnnn---HAAAA!!!!!"
Wow this is really long...okay one more. I think I know what the 'Berry Master' Pokemon is. But, would it be spoilers if I got it right?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2012
very nice, it's really really good game as I read through the thread. when i watch the video of this game, it's really good and nice tilemaps. I also watch some of your videos in youtube about pokemon lost and found. what I don't like about it is when the pokemon attack the enemy, because it looks nothing to me but the battle style is good though. maybe you should use some different animation for the attacks so it looks perfectly amazing.

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2012
Well, the convention is over now, so I'm going to go and add all of the content to the first post. Thank you for your continual support everyone.

RE: The comments about the battle system... As I originally said in my first post, I want to try and do something abit different with a Pokémon Fangame, so am moving away from the classic system into a more FF style action, fast paced system. There are no battle animations, as this would have meant a lot of time and other areas suffering as a consequence (not all fangames have animations - just look at Pokémon Raptor!) I'll do a more detailed account of the battle system in my next update (see details below).

So now that the Nintendo Fangame Convetion is over and the big reveals passed, what is there to look forward to now? Plenty, I tell you! Specifically, you can look forward to December when I shall be doing a big reveal each day of the month in the Pokémon: Lost and Found Advent Calendar! Yup, that's right! Every single day, I shall add details on a new recruitable Pokémon.

Other than that, work goes on as usual with the game. Over the next few weeks you can look forward to the following updates:

- Slakoth, Aipom, the world map and the battle system
- Cherrim and Vespiqueen
- A reveal of the WHOLE of Berry Forest
- A reveal of an important area to the back of Berry Forest...
- Revolution of a very special interactive mechanic to the game
- Finally, the end of Berry Forest and a very special mechanic of the battle system

...And finally I went ahead and darkened the tile pallettes to make everythign fit together much nicer:

Until next time!

masterpokemontrainer

Master Trainer
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 7, 2010
The new tileset is much better and I can't wait to find out what "an important area to the back of Berry Forest" is! I've been looking at all of the Berry Forest updates and it seems that it's coming on really well. Keep up the good work.

ArchXDeath

Eevee Trainer!
Years
Sweet, an Advent Calender...does that mean on Christmas we get a HUGE GINORMOUS revelation?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 8, 2009
I for one sincerly hope so. Maybe Pikablu is really an evil Pokémon inside even though he doesn't realise!
I hope so as well. I must say that this game seems spiffing. I just hope that the amfibious work continues for the duration of the year.

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2012
Hi everyone!

Only been able to do a bit of work on the game this weekend due to various things but next week I should be able to make lots more progress!

RE: the past couple of comments...thank you for your support, adn I'm still deciding whether to have a big Christmas reveal or not. It will all depend on how much work I get done between now and then! And masterpokemontrainer, I can confirm that Pikablu ISN'T evil! ;)

So I've been thinking about PokéTown and some of the buildings in it, and ahve started to design the restaurant (which has turned out to be a diner!). Which of the three versions below do people prefer?

Restaurant---Diner.png
Restaurant---Munchlax.png
Restaurant---Both.png

Just to note, I;m not really a spriter, so don't expect miracles. If anyone would be willing to be a scratch spriter for this game (as I have thought up quite a few things that I'll need) then please post an example of some of your work.

Until next time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back