• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which is your most overused Pokemon?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So we all tend to have one Pokemon we seem to overuse in our teams or try to make them fit into as many of our teams as we can (this can apply to as many tiers as you want) - what's that Pokemon for you and why? n_n

Years
It's not so much a Pokemon, but always a type of Pokemon - Fighting. This is because usually, Fighting-type Pokemon can put the hurt on pretty much anything due to excellent coverage and stats.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Tyranitar's definitely one of them nowadays as that's been on most if not all of my in-game teams starting from Diamond back in 2008 for me.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
1) Lucario
It's my all time favorite Pokémon and I love making new movesets for him.
So in every game that has Lucario I have him in my team
2) Espeon
I love this sweeper and since Espie was made even before Lucario, Espeon can even be in more teams than Lucario
3) Umbreon
Similar to Espeon, I love stalling strategies =D

Pecilia

Best Witch
Years
My whole entire team is overused. Really don't use them any more or less than the other. Really just a matter of who I send out I rarely switch unless I'm at a great disadvantage.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
I tend to not use the same Pokémon more than once between games.

But I do use Rock- and Ground types a lot recently. I just love them. As a result my teams are usually quite slow and special-fragile nowadays :P

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
I can't help using my oldest pokemon from my first pokemon game I owned, Leafgreen.

1) Venasaur is absolutly my favorite pokemon ever and can't help bringing him everywhere I go.

2) Dragonite. I can't believe I managed to train him ever since he was a Dratini back then when I was a noob. He isn't even fully trained yet and is one of my most powerful Pokemon.

3) Mewtwo is probably the strongest pokemon I ever had since he could solo the Elite 4 and Champion in Leafgreen

Last edited:

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
Years
I wouldn't say every team, but a good 90% of them have had a Gengar or a Raichu. Recently using Electivire a lot now though.

Purely because I like them really ^^

Years
i always used my shiny charizard (which i got on my first try btw) for every battle in my leaf green, then i migrated it to soul silver, where it was used once again, then migrated to white for wifi battles. i have loved charizard ever since i got blue version when it first came out.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
For me its Meowth/Persian. They are always with my team. If the game doesn't have Meowth, I won't play that game. How come? not just because its my favorite Pokemon, but because it can learn a few TM's from other types too (like thunderbolt and water pulse).

Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2012
if you looked at all my teams the most used pokemon would probably be celebi but there are several pokemon I tend to overuse do to the fact they are very versatile.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
A lot of my competitive teams tend to have Scizor in them because it's such a powerful Pokémon in OU with lots of resistances. Otherwise I do tend to use Vaporeon in abundance also, because of its strength and obvious reasons.

estring628

Super-Nerd
Years
Up until Diamond and Pearl, I've always used Pidgey. Mainly because the first time I ever played Pokemon, back when I was a complete noob, I'd only train one or two Pokemon out of the six I carry with me. The toughest Pokemon I ever had was a Pidgeot, and when I got into the flow of things and restarted my game, I'd pick Pidgey and then when I restarted it again, I picked Pidgey. For some reason, I just really love Pidgeot.

But then, when Diamond and Pearl came out, I found a new Pokemon to spam; Shinx. Not only do I love the design on the little thing, it packs a punch and is worth training in my opinion. Luxio and Luxray are beasts when it comes down to it. ^_^

Back