• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Lilac [Beta 1 Released!]

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
1089qjc.jpg

Hello again, everybody. Recently I've had a lot of time to hack and do other things that interest me, so it is only natural that I've been making a lot of progress on Lilac. This update is showing Sebrene City, the second largest city in Lowen which has the region's fourth Gym and also plays host to the headquarters of Ryde Corp, the largest and most powerful corporation in the region. It also has a bicycle shop where you can actually buy a bike (that's right, no cheesy vouchers here). In the gym you will be able to Surf (even without the fifth badge) in order to navigate through dangerous rapids, swirling whirlpools and hope to not get trapped between the two of them. While everything seems peaceful within the town, Ryde Corp has been experiencing difficulties with Team Rocket's return. From what you can gather, Ryde Corp and Team Rocket once came into conflict in the past... But why?

~Screenies Galore~
TownSquare.png
MoreBadges.png
Surfing.png

BuyBike.png
Chairman.png
Employee.png

DrFudgey's Mister Fuji's OW is just a placeholder for the Chairman's which is currently being made. Apart from that, everything scripting/ mapping/ tiling/ awesome-related in Sebrene City has been completed :D

------- (-o-) -------​

haha.. I see a new tree! and it's blending to the other tree is perfect..:) will it be in the earlier maps?

Wow, you've got a sharp eye :P

Unfortunately the tiles will only be around for four routes and two cities. I had just enough extra room to insert it in the tileset I was using and just felt like mixing it up a bit.

Hi! This hack is really fun! Anyways, I thiiink I found a problem.
After playing hide and seek with that girl in Poliberg the camera randomly floated away from my character and now its stuck!
I checked the map and it says I'm in route 18, but I'm definitely in Poliberg still, haha.

Hmm... There is nothing in that script that should be causing the camera to move in any possible way. I'm not sure what has happened, so sorry. :<

I've tinkered with the World Map.

So far, I have really enjoyed this hack.
I'm not a big fan of 3rd Gen+ Pokemon in Fire Red hacks, but that's just a personal opinion.
Your tileset's are very simple on one side, and on the other side, they are just amazing.
I have found some small issues however, which may or not have been mentioned before.
-Whenever you faint, the Nurse at the pokémon center will have mom's script
-While battling room 2 in the Poliberg gym, I fainted, and I "respawned" in Bolderville, while I visited the pokémon center in Poliberg

They haven't been mentioned in this thread before if my memory is any good but I was aware of and have fixed them on the ROM I'm working on right now. I'm glad that you enjoyed the game, even if it isn't your general style :D

Those glitches are old news and you should have seen them on the first post as things Fuji is working on.

I don't have a bug list in the first post...

:/

I love this lovely bell....... o i will try to put is on my rom to..

I hope you have fun :P

Last edited:
Years
Darkness.png

This looks awesome, and a hell of a lot of fun to play. It should be "too," though, not "to."

As for the newest update, it all looks awesome. Isn't the Bicycle a bit overpriced though?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Darkness.png

This looks awesome, and a hell of a lot of fun to play. It should be "too," though, not "to."

As for the newest update, it all looks awesome. Isn't the Bicycle a bit overpriced though?

Akk. Spelling, my mortal enemy...

I don't think the bicycle is overpriced. Considering that it was $1,000,000 in the original games, now it is only slightly more expensive than two Protein/ Iron/ Zinc etc.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
And with each and every passing update you inspire you me a little more. Seriously good job on that gym. It looks beautiful!

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
oh i cant wait for next beta, ill have to save up my money for the bike, id normally spend it on potions and stuff

marcc5m

what
Years
Tiles in the Water Gym look amazing. Actually all of the tiles look amazing. Also lol expensive bike. Looks like I'll have to find a money cheat :P

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2011
Man, thats some beautiful tiles you have there.
I must ask, who made the tiles for the grass? I'm really in love with 'em

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Let me just say, that this hack looks absolutely amazing. The scripts are great, and the mapping looks good from what I can see. The tiles fit well together, as well.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll play this hack until the final beta. It'll be a while, but I think it'll be worth it. ;)

Anyway, I wish you luck on this. :D

Years
It looks great. Since there's nothing more specific I can say to tell you how much I like it, I will give you a minor criticism. You might want to capitalize the Pokemon and item names, and put the accent over the "e" (which I know I'm not doing now, because I'm too lazy :P). I just think it would look a little more professional.

TheCondor

Noblesse oblige
Years
The change in the design of the player character is really interesting, and like a bunch of other folks had said, the sprites and graphics look great. The lush environments is really one of the best points. Have you considered implementing any special post-game features by any chance?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
This is just a small update on Lilac's progress: I haven't done much on since I last posted - I've mainly been playing around with things in other ROMs in an effort to implement something cool further down the line. Since there are quite a large number of unanswered posts, I guess I should stop being lazy and respond to them :P

The Water-type Gym looks just great, and I honestly want a new beta soon :D :D :D

Thanks man. The water, rapids and whirlpools in the gym are animated so it took a long time to insert them how I wanted to. Don't worry, the beta is on it's way :P

Everything looks great and I am really geting excited to LP the next beta.

I can't wait to see it :D

And with each and every passing update you inspire you me a little more. Seriously good job on that gym. It looks beautiful!

Thanks mate! I hope that Lilac is as much an inspiration for you as Shattered dreams is for me :3

Everything looks amazing! Good job! I especially like the gym. <3

Also, can you put about 5 nuggets next too the bike shop? xD

Good luck!

Nope, you'll have to slave to get those Nuggets XD

In the route after the town you'll be able to find a Nugget if you're low on cash.

Tiles in the Water Gym look amazing. Actually all of the tiles look amazing. Also lol expensive bike. Looks like I'll have to find a money cheat :P

Thanks, brah.

plz dont hak mi rom kthnx bai :DDDDDDD

Man, thats some beautiful tiles you have there.
I must ask, who made the tiles for the grass? I'm really in love with 'em

Thanks for the compliment :3

Alistair made the tall grass.

Let me just say, that this hack looks absolutely amazing. The scripts are great, and the mapping looks good from what I can see. The tiles fit well together, as well.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll play this hack until the final beta. It'll be a while, but I think it'll be worth it. ;)

Anyway, I wish you luck on this. :D

You'll be waiting for quite a while then - I've only completed it slightly past the fourth gym :P

It looks great. Since there's nothing more specific I can say to tell you how much I like it, I will give you a minor criticism. You might want to capitalize the Pokemon and item names, and put the accent over the "e" (which I know I'm not doing now, because I'm too lazy :P). I just think it would look a little more professional.

I thoroughly decapitalised the ROM when I started hacking it because I've always hated the idea of fully capitalised names. Sorry, but I won't be changing that. I haven't checked over the screenies (some of which are very old) but when I'm going over the ROM I always put the accent over Poke-related names.

Thanks for the crit, though :)

The change in the design of the player character is really interesting, and like a bunch of other folks had said, the sprites and graphics look great. The lush environments is really one of the best points. Have you considered implementing any special post-game features by any chance?

Thanks, I really like to get the most out of the graphics I use.

There is one story related feature that will take place post-game which I've been thinking about for a while, but apart from that I have no idea. I'll probably just sprinkle a few legendaries here and there :P

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Whew! That beta was really long, man! Here's a bug report:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

3.5/5

Although the scripts are awesome, your spelling and grammar is kind of a letdown in the beta.
You need to slow down and type the words correctly.

ChaosJester083

Still alive
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 3, 2019
Whew! That beta was really long, man! Here's a bug report:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

3.5/5

Although the scripts are awesome, your spelling and grammar is kind of a letdown in the beta.
You need to slow down and type the words correctly.

I feel really stupid after Let's Playing this game and not noticing any of the grammatical errors, but at least it is not as bad as Quartz.Love ya Baro.

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
Years
Sounds pretty good to me. I'll check it out. Sorry if I'm 'bumping' this thread back up :P Oh how I love annoying moderators

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2016
Hi! This hack is really fun! Anyways, I thiiink I found a problem.
After playing hide and seek with that girl in Poliberg the camera randomly floated away from my character and now its stuck!
I checked the map and it says I'm in route 18, but I'm definitely in Poliberg still, haha.

i think this is what he is talking about: watch this bug i found on this link.

Last edited:

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years
So I defeated Team Rocket at Cloud Temple, does this mean I'm done this beta?
P.S : Loving this game so far! Can't wait for the next beta! :)

Back