• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gilded Halls ★ OOC+SU

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Hells yeah! Let's get this show on the ro-hoad! Can't wait to get going :D

Oh, and... does each room has a kitchen or the like? Because I'm not really seeing any cafeteria or the like. Or do the students eat in the lounge area? Also, toilets. Are the only ones in the rooms, or do we just imagine that there are a couple spread through the school? :P Annnd finally, are we allowed to RP snagging up the goodie bag in the first/second post?

Very excited to get started!

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Hells yeah! Let's get this show on the ro-hoad! Can't wait to get going :D

Oh, and... does each room has a kitchen or the like? Because I'm not really seeing any cafeteria or the like. Or do the students eat in the lounge area? Also, toilets. Are the only ones in the rooms, or do we just imagine that there are a couple spread through the school? :P Annnd finally, are we allowed to RP snagging up the goodie bag in the first/second post?

Very excited to get started!

1. The Kitchen is in the lounge area, for all students :).
2. I didn't really think about toilets... lmao. Use your ensuites and throw a random toilet somewhere if you are ever desperate.
3. Yep! Grabbing your stuff in your first or second post would be ideal.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Sounds perfect! I'm gonna get my post up and running in a little bit! Whoo boy! Oh, and... the kitchen, is it stocked up by the staff? Or do the students have to head out every so often after school and shop for whatever they wanna make? And... I'm guessing you only make food for yourself? :P

*Continues throwing all kinds of questions at Swift* At this point, you might as well make me co-GM so I can help sort things out XD ( Seriously though, if you still need someone to help you out with that, like details and such, I'm up for it! )

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Sounds perfect! I'm gonna get my post up and running in a little bit! Whoo boy! Oh, and... the kitchen, is it stocked up by the staff? Or do the students have to head out every so often after school and shop for whatever they wanna make? And... I'm guessing you only make food for yourself? :P

*Continues throwing all kinds of questions at Swift* At this point, you might as well make me co-GM so I can help sort things out XD ( Seriously though, if you still need someone to help you out with that, like details and such, I'm up for it! )

Consider it stocked up by staff :) there will be some chances for students to leave the school grounds but it is easier if they stay put. Make your own food or elect a chef I suppose! XD

I may need a hand formulating lessons and events. If anyone out there has any ideas they would like to put forward I will happily discuss and implement some of those :).

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
Aww yeah! Better go to work making my first post. This is going to be legen ... (wait for it) ... dary! xD

But in all seriousness, this is going to be awesome. I've never been this excited about a RP before!

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
Years
Been testing out a nice format I am gonna use. Gonna begin drafting my post right now. Ah, the tingly exciting feeling whenever a new RP starts. Gotta love it! :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Cirrus - Very interesting SU. I really like your character, but I am worried about the power... slightly.

I reckon that as long as his deductions are focused on objects and events, rather than the other characters, then it'll be fine. Of course, if you were to VM someone and discuss what he could work out about them then that would be perfectly fine.

We may have to keep the reigns tight, but you are accepted.

One query though - how does he manage socially? Does he spend a lot of the time analysing/assessing people rather than emotionally connect, are his predictions based on a person's emotions less likely to be accurate? etc. Curious XD.

EDIT: Which room do you want! :P

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
Emotions are hard to analyze though - this isn't a mindreading type of ability, so (like every other human on Earth) he can only analyze by reading body language, vocal tone, and other clues. It's possible for him to make pretty solid assumptions - for example, if he sees that someone has recently suffered a major accident, that person might be reasonably angry or dejected - but an emotion in itself is not a piece of knowledge that can be easily deduced via simple initialization unless a -lot- of other pieces of information are in place. (So even though there's a 99+% chance of the prediction's correctness, the prediction itself might be something like "this person is likely feeling [x/y/z emotions]".) The realm of the ability is more like "judging from your stance, the appearance of your hands, and the faint smell of formaldehyde, you're a redecorator", except it's magnified to an extreme and the number of details needed is significantly fewer compared to what the standard employment of logic requires.

Yeah, there's personality section so I didn't put that part in - but he tries not to overanalyze closer acquaintances (or rather, doesn't reveal it at all even when he does) because he's realized from experience that the foundation of relationships is mutual interaction ... not one-sided absorbance of information. He's very good at starting conversations, though! By casually employing the ability he's able to tell (at the risk of sounding like a stalker?!), say, what the person's hobbies are or what they were doing last weekend, and carefully probe them on it, so it's actually somewhat useful in social settings as well.

Also I'll take room... I really appreciate your offer, EGKangaroo, but I want an upstairs room so I'll have to decline =(. I choose room 6!

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
I've gotten my first post... erh, posted! Feel free to interact with mister Matthias, as he's on his way to the 'living quarter' of the school! I'll take any and all interaction you'll throw my way :D You could even throw a VM my way and we could figure something out. Allons-y!

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Is there a receptionist? I'm worried about the first npc interaction :P

Ms Fallcrest is acting as the receptionist :) she's a busy woman. XD Don't worry too much how you play her, imagine her as some kind of part-time mother.

Years
also, is Gilded Halls in a secret location? is it okay if we know about the continent it's on or is even that top secret!

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
also, is Gilded Halls in a secret location? is it okay if we know about the continent it's on or is even that top secret!

Baha, I've tried to avoid this :X since the cast is so international.

Technically, it is in England/The UK. However, that's pretty much just because of the vocabulary I am used to using.

It is relatively isolated :) so rural England.

Years
oh yaaay no need for expensive plane tickets XD my character should walks there, he's already in the area.

edit: epik grammar.

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
You should do au naturale. It's more realistic than magic pants. And yes, I know we're talking about shapeshifting and realism, but come on. Nudity is good for you.

Edit: Excellent bio Chili! I teared up reading it... omg it's so good.

This from the person with a beautiful girl for a character? Tsk tsk.

Haha, just kidding, I've watched too much TV and anime not to appreciate the humor of people being nekkid. I can't wait to (Hopefully) be a part of this happy group here so far, working on my SU right now.

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
I would like to reserve a spot.

Edit: Nevermind, I just saw where reservations are done. I will have an SU up within 48 hours.

Last edited:
Back