• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon EX cards help

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2012
Hi my son is so into these EX cards lately. Want to get him some for Christmas. Can someone please give me some hence of which EX cards I can get him individually would brighten his Christmas?

Thanks

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2012
Thanks. He is pretty much a rookie at this point so probably did not have much. He is trying to build a strong grass type deck. Basically like I said, if anyone can give me a few names, I'm really appreciated.

Years
Shaymin EX and Celebi EX are the only two EX Pokemon currently released, so not much choice for EX Pokemon there, but those two are really only good as support Pokemon, and shouldn't be his main attackers for his deck. Shaymin is really good if you're behind in a match or near the end of one, though.

Other ones that might help his deck are Mewtwo EX, which, at least in competitive play, is a staple in almost every deck because of its X-Ball attack. Mewtwo EX actually came in a tin that had booster packs inside (this tin retailed for $15), so you could get him Mewtwo EX and a few boosters this way.

A list of all EX Pokemon is here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon-EX_(TCG)

The left column lists what English-language sets they're found in for that particular card. Any EX with a promotional version in English can be found in a tin.

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2012
Thanks. This is very helpful. Is there a reliable place on line I can get this cheap? I had gotten something from Troll and Toad in the past.

Back