• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMXP] Pokemon Chronicles: The Sands of Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

flamemaster

No school like the old school
Years
  • MI
  • Seen Mar 23, 2016
i found this and noticed the name "sands of time" *cough*prince of persia movie*cough* -_- but other than that really nice game dude.

~Wind~

Detective
Years
Great work on the game, I prefer your map.
Anyways, I can't wait to get Absyl.
Just two days and this thread would be dead...

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
WHO WILL YOU CHOOSE?

who_will_you_choose__by_vivalaevolution-d34oiqk.png

Koaleaf - Burgoat - Akwabil
Designed by The Cynic (vivalaevolution)
Sprited by darthvagabond (alexdashogun)

Sorry for not posting in what seems like forever, but I took a Christmas haitus and January brought complete pademonium with it. I'm back now - and ready to get things done. :cer_smile:

Wow, I'm pretty impressed by all this. I'd use the map made by you, I think it might be the darker routes but it looks cool :D

Thanks.

I liked his game.
It has good graphics, like much of fakemons too.
Change the mini sprite. And the Pokemon Center and Mart, they do not match the other tiles.
Just some suggestions ^^
Good luck! I hope to see more updates.

Mini-sprite is only temporary. All other tiles are being updated also.

Thanks.

Have I posted in this thread before? I don't think so. Anyway on that last update-post-guy-thing I am definitely in favor of the map style on the left. It just seems much more vibrant and makes more geographical sense, it doesn't hurt that I absolutely loathe the HGSS style of region map, with its random giant icons to represent things...

Thanks.

The map on the left is much more appealing. The right side map is just very bland overall. I've bookmarked this page to keep up with the updates. Hopefully you can find a good tiler. Psyched for the eventual release.

Hopefully we can find one soon.

Thanks.

Left Map.
Believe me,Left Map is best.

Spoiler:

Thanks.

Spoiler:

Dude, mine looks like a pile of c**p compared to yours. xD Awesome work, man. :3

No, your map is more professional coherent in my opinion. Mine is more geographically accurate because I know the region inside out. Yours has more love. :cer_wink:

Left map looks better, but you should change the colour of the towns, Kinda hard to see them.

Thanks.

I like the left map, the darker color looks good but I prefer the desert and mountain areas on the right map

Thanks.

Toastier this game is new no download yet sorry. Gonna have to wait a loong while because fan games take a lot of time and effort. {sorry if i wasnt ment to say that}.

Anyway on topic, i love this game i reckon its gonna be a great success ima support it :)

Thanks.

ohhhhhhhh. i found the banner for this game in a different games' forum, and i just clicked on itt cuz it looked interesting. i didn't realize this was under the game development forum. sorry! haha.
but this REALLY does look like a good game. i'll be sure to play it once it's got a demo/beta or whatevurr. c:

Thanks.

Woah! I just looked through the whole thing, this looks epic! Can't wait! I'd put a banner in my sig except it's already too big to add to it. Great job! Hope this gets finished!

Thanks.

i found this and noticed the name "sands of time" *cough*prince of persia movie*cough* -_- but other than that really nice game dude.

Actually the phrase "Sands of Time" was probably first made by Socrates in Ancient Greece and therefore predates Prince of Persia by quite some time. It refers to the finite existance of all things in our Universe. It's like "Picture Perfect" and "Case Closed"; they are used as the titles of video games but don't actually originate from the video game creators themselves.

Thanks.

I love games with fakemon, especially good ones. And I love good tiles too. Overall, seems pretty nice. Hope to see some more updates soon :)

Thanks.

Great work on the game, I prefer your map.
Anyways, I can't wait to get Absyl.
Just two days and this thread would be dead...

My projects never die, don't you worry. :cer_wink:

Thanks

Updates

Well the Vicitalis Dex has been finalised to include c. 320 species of Pokemon (a mixture of official and fakemon). Examples of official Pokemon to be found in the region are:

322.png
209.png
587.png
230.png
455.png
522.png
241.png
324.png
459.png
307.png
442.png
213.png
556.png
222.png
611.png
426.png
082.png
568.png
338.png
365.png

I'm not going to publish a full Pokedex because, hey, surprises are fun.

The Region design has been completely finalised. I've tweaked a bit and so I'll update the map at some point (right now I'm focused on mapping to routes/settlements etc.). The changes are mainly just names; Radiant City now goes by LaCaprice City and Sactuary Town now goes by Al-Akhdar Town.

The badges have been made for the region's gyms. The designs are by me (The Cynic/vivalaevolution) and PokemonMasta. They were sprited, quite brilliantly, by Sap-Green.

v_league_badges_by_vivalaevolution-d33s64h.png

1. Cure Badge - Eletha - Ode Town
2. Heart Badge - Valentino - LaCaprice City
3. Piste Badge - Rhona - Everlanche City
4. Labyrinth Badge - Arnott - Drygulch City
5. Transducer Badge - Buzz - Neonbright City
6. Papillon Badge - Lindsey - Tropicao City
7. Fate Badge - Laquetta - Murkreek Town
8. ??? Badge - ??? - Aeonopolis City [I said I liked secrets]

Now I need to reach out to the folks of Pokecommunity and ask:

PLEASE CAN WE GET SOME SPRITERS/TILERS!!!

We already have all the concepts we need for gym leaders/fakemon/trainers/towns but we need talented pixel-artists. I can only go so far on my own. All work will off-course be credited.

Anyway, I'm currently re-mapping all of the Southern Province of the region with better tiles and layouts so expect some juicy screenies in the not-too-distant future.

I'd just like to thank everyone who's supported/contributed to this project since it started last year as a fledgling hack over in the Scrapbox. I'll aim not to disapoint.

Just before I go, here are the starters. Enjoy!

Designs by The Cynic/vivalaevolution (deviantart account).
Sprites by darthvagabond/alexdashogun (deviantart account).

who_will_you_choose__by_vivalaevolution-d34oiqk.png

Koaleaf - Burgoat - Akwabil

____is_evolving__by_vivalaevolution-d34okle.png

Koapeira - Smoldhorn - Plattail

elemental_masters_by_vivalaevolution-d34okzu.png

Koalyptus - Vulcapra - Obdurox

Who will you choose?

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
This game just looks plain cool. I like it!
I can't wait to play it. It looks very promising. (might choose Akwabil or Burgoat... Vulcapra looks cool.)
(one last comment... I would like to help you but I'm not the best spriter or mapper. I am... unpolished.)

WackyTurtle

Developer
Years
This looks like it'll be a fantastic game, but...the title is from Prince Of Persia. I don't know whether someone has mentioned this already, or whether the title is intentionally like this, but you may want to be aware of this.

Anyway, it looks great, especially the fakemon.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
This looks like it'll be a fantastic game, but...the title is from Prince Of Persia. I don't know whether someone has mentioned this already, or whether the title is intentionally like this, but you may want to be aware of this.

While of course this is the first thing most people think of - me included - the phrase 'sands of time' is by no means unique to Prince of Persia. The phrase has been around for decades and alludes to the hourglass as a symbol of mortality.

evulpsyduck

Pokemon Eternal Darkness
Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2016
I love Obdurox :D and I'm glad you are back on the project! I can't wait to play it <3

RulerArceus

的なインターネッ? ??の最高級!
Years
Thanks.
Thanks.
Thanks.
Thanks.
Thanks.
Thanks.
Thanks.
Thanks.
Thanks.
Thanks.
Thanks.
Thanks.
Thanks.
THATS how many thanks you put in.I mean,its nice to thank and all, but seriously?!
Anyways, Hi Cynic!Projects looking good.A suggestion would be to put both of
Koalyptus feet down on its sprite.Just makes its sprite look more natural.
Cant wait to get an Onokusu!
¬RulerArceus

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2016
I am in love with this game. Are you planning on releasing a demo or just releasing a finished product? Is it possible for me to think up some fakemon for this?

OtherAlias

Just another alias.
Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Only four pages of replies? What a shame, this game should receive more publicity, I'll be sure to post after every update to keep this thing going.

On topic, I really like the features you're going to implement; buying property will be cool. Are we going to be able to decorate them? (Decorating bases was a real hit with me). The fakemon are looking good as well.

Best of luck with your project.

Last edited:

flamemaster

No school like the old school
Years
  • MI
  • Seen Mar 23, 2016
Only four pages of replies? What a shame, this hack should receive more publicity, I'll be sure to post after every update to keep this thing going.

On topic, I really like the features you're going to implement; buying property will be cool. Are we going to be able to decorate them? (Decorating bases was a real hit with me). The fakemon are looking good as well.

Best of luck with your project.
why do people always think these are hacks?!? this i s the game dev section, this is not a hack!
aside from that point, nice fakemon starters dude, the badges look nice, and i like how your bringing back the oldies (old pokemon) keep up the good work man, i will continue to support this project.

Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2020
This looks so sick! Wish you lots of luck on finishing this project! :D I wished I can help develop some of the maps for you, but I have no skill nor creativity on doing so :(

Though, good luck :D

OtherAlias

Just another alias.
Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
why do people always think these are hacks?!? this i s the game dev section, this is not a hack!
aside from that point, nice fakemon starters dude, the badges look nice, and i like how your bringing back the oldies (old pokemon) keep up the good work man, i will continue to support this project.
My apologies, I was sent here via banner/sig.

Years
Wow..

Those fakemon look absolutely incredible. They're top-class, they look like they belong in a real Pokémon game.

I must say, I'm glad there is a pre-evolution of Kangaskhan in your little list there - I never understood why there wasn't one already..

Tanana and Absyl look absolutely perfect to their evolutions (asuming Tanana evolves into Tropius).

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Amazing Sprites.
Honestly these our awesome sprites, I can't wait till beta testing I really want to try this one out.
I hope the storyline is epic... Oh I was also wondering are you going to add Missions/ Quest into this?
It would also be awesome if you added Deino and The Hoenn/Unova starters into this. I also hope all the main Dragon types are in here, or some dragon types that are epic.
But honestly awesome sprites and the map is amazing.
I'm wondering though, is it possible for you to include a world championship of some sort or a battle frontier, something to do when we finish the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back