• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
That's about all I can say about it, too. I thought the relationship in the movie was cute, despite being as destructive as could be emotionally with not a lot of GOOD reasoning behind them getting back together in the end/at any given point after they fought. unpredictable ending, though. I mean, who knew she would

Spoiler:
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic re: destructive as could be part. It had it's ups and downs and the downs were problems that a lot of couples face. I thought it was fairly average, especially given the characters' ages, what they wanted to do in life, and whatnot.

I dunno if that's sarcasm or not either. I could tell she was going to do what she did. It would have made for a better ending if she didn't make that decision, though. I saw it with my friend, and at the end of the movie, she was relentless with her criticism of the choice she made.

Also, the lead actress is so incredibly beautiful!

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic re: destructive as could be part. It had it's ups and downs and the downs were problems that a lot of couples face. I thought it was fairly average, especially given the characters' ages, what they wanted to do in life, and whatnot.

what I meant by that is that when they were upset with each other, it was never really minor arguments, it all gave me the impression "wow they're definitely going to break up now." And when they finally did break up it didn't last very long, though I think their next interaction was Adam showing up at the hospital? idr now

Patchisou Yutohru said:
I dunno if that's sarcasm or not either. I could tell she was going to do what she did. It would have made for a better ending if she didn't make that decision, though. I saw it with my friend, and at the end of the movie, she was relentless with her criticism of the choice she made.

that was sarcasm, and I do wish she had chosen the opposite. Would have made for a far more impactful ending, especially given the scene with her grandfather.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
what I meant by that is that when they were upset with each other, it was never really minor arguments, it all gave me the impression "wow they're definitely going to break up now." And when they finally did break up it didn't last very long, though I think their next interaction was Adam showing up at the hospital? idr now

that was sarcasm, and I do wish she had chosen the opposite. Would have made for a far more impactful ending, especially given the scene with her grandfather.
Oh my god that scene with her grandfather.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
who's excited for Gone Girl? I'm seeing it next weekend hopefully. ^_______^

Have you read the book? I thought it looked really interesting, and then I read conflicting reviews about the film so I'm not so sure anymore.

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
Have you read the book? I thought it looked really interesting, and then I read conflicting reviews about the film so I'm not so sure anymore.
I have not read the book. I've only read good things about the movie and it's Fincher so I figure why not. unfortunately looks like I'm not gonna be able to go this weekend though.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Someone I know saw it and was freaking out for ages not only because McConaughey is their favorite actor and he was apparently really, really exceptional in it, but because it was a great experience overall. I heard the same of Gravity, and agree after seeing it in 3D while in theatres. I'm guessing explorations/crises in space are back in style... Armageddon 2, anyone?

kuzronk

Banned
Years
I heard it's a rip-off of a anime. McConaughey is likely not a good actor anyway since he seems to be in heaps of romcom crap.

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
I heard it's a rip-off of a anime. McConaughey is likely not a good actor anyway since he seems to be in heaps of romcom crap.
a) what anime
b) I can almost assure you it's not
c) I wouldn't base your opinion on an actor on the quality of the movies they've been on. plus, from the way you phrased that it didn't sound like you'd seen him in anything so who are you to judge m8.

kuzronk

Banned
Years
a) what anime
b) I can almost assure you it's not
c) I wouldn't base your opinion on an actor on the quality of the movies they've been on. plus, from the way you phrased that it didn't sound like you'd seen him in anything so who are you to judge m8.
a)Gunbuster
c) Yeah I haven't. I take it he was just typecast in a lot of bad movies.

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
c) Yeah I haven't. I take it he was just typecast in a lot of bad movies.
up until about two years ago I'd have agreed with you, but with him having prominent roles in stuff like True Detective, Wolf of Wall Street, Dallas Buyers Club, Mud, this, etc I think that his "legitimacy" (which in itself is a bogus measurement) as an actor is on the rise.

kuzronk

Banned
Years
His only good 1990 - 2010 role seems to be Dazed and Confused. I seen wolf of wall street but I don't remember who he plays. I think I also saw a bit of EDtv years ago.

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
His only good 1990 - 2010 role seems to be Dazed and Confused. I seen wolf of wall street but I don't remember who he plays. I think I also saw a bit of EDtv years ago.
he plays the guy in the beginning who gets DiCaprio into the business, he does the weird thing with his chest at the restaurant and a lot of other stuff. he's only in the first 30 minutes but if I remember correctly he got an Oscar nomination for it. still need to give Dazed and Confused a watch.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday

eh contact is a pretty good movie
probably his last significant role (that i can remember) before the onslaught of rom-coms

i can't believe i've barely posted in here in a year and i'm still number 3 in the top posters list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back