• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokefreak2

I can't believe you read this
Years
You know with every step forward I keep falling 20 steps back. I can't find a good move camera tutorial on this site... and everytime I attempt to move the camera. The game crashes. Using XSE:

Spoiler:

I'm beginning to go crazy trying to figure out the small mistakes that causes ULTIMATE FAILURE ><

ok the Changes are in bold

Shukumei

Teh Haxxorz
Years
Maybe you all can help me with a problem I am having.
Its a map script that is supposed to make the player walk behind the rival. The rival is arguing with a jerk and sends out his Bagon. The Bagon then smacks the jerks Spearow and the spearrow flies off screen. The jerk soon chases after the spearow. Then the rival returns his pokemon and walks off screen. But when it's done the player can't move. I don't know why. please help
Spoiler:

I can't really see anything that would freeze up your character. Try using releaseall instead of release. Might work. Might not. Also it might have something to do with the fact that it's a level script. I don't know much about level scripts but I've never been able to make them work.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Maybe you all can help me with a problem I am having.
Its a map script that is supposed to make the player walk behind the rival. The rival is arguing with a jerk and sends out his Bagon. The Bagon then smacks the jerks Spearow and the spearrow flies off screen. The jerk soon chases after the spearow. Then the rival returns his pokemon and walks off screen. But when it's done the player can't move. I don't know why. please help
Spoiler:
Did you follow my Level Scripting tutorial? If so, then maybe one of your sprites on the map is set to Look down. Change it to No movement, and that should fix it.

Years
'---------------
#org 0x80024F
checkflag 0x8C3
if 0x1 call 0x8800269
Faceplayer
Msgbox 0x800308 NSG_FACE '"You need this to\nget off of the\lisla..."
giveitem 0x155 0x1 MSG_OBTAIN
setflag 0x8C3
end
'---------------
#org 0x800269
msgbox 0x8800273 MSG_FACE '"To use that HM\nYou must beat\lthe..."
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x800308
= You need this to\nget off of the\lisland!\p[PLAYER] received HM03
#org 0x800273
= To use that HM\nYou must beat\lthe local GYM\lLEADER. He uses\lWATER-TYPE\lPokemon!

I get ERROR 13 "Type mismatch" on line 6
Missing: #define

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
'---------------
#org 0x80024F
checkflag 0x8C3
if 0x1 call 0x8800269
Faceplayer
Msgbox 0x800308 MSG_FACE '"You need this to\nget off of the\lisla..."
giveitem 0x155 0x1 MSG_OBTAIN
setflag 0x8C3
end
'---------------
#org 0x800269
msgbox 0x8800273 MSG_FACE '"To use that HM\nYou must beat\lthe..."
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x800308
= You need this to\nget off of the\lisland!\p[PLAYER] received HM03
#org 0x800273
= To use that HM\nYou must beat\lthe local GYM\lLEADER. He uses\lWATER-TYPE\lPokemon!

I get ERROR 13 "Type mismatch" on line 6
Missing: #define
You put NSG instead of MSG.
Change in bold.

lbirrueta

HAXXING'
Years
I'm a noob hacker, and i've been looking around the Help threads but i cant find how to create a rock smash event. can somebody help me.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2018
Did you follow my Level Scripting tutorial? If so, then maybe one of your sprites on the map is set to Look down. Change it to No movement, and that should fix it.
yeah, I changed the look down to no movement, and I changed the 0xFFFF to 0x0001 in the map script, but it still doesnt work.

rokrdude

POKEMON : SINNOH QUEST CREATOR
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Trying for few hrs but not able to implement checking 8th badge script the fact is i haven't received 8th badge still the script doesn't start
Can anyone tell me what i did wrong?

Script
Spoiler:

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Last edited:

pokefreak2

I can't believe you read this
Years
Trying for few hrs but not able to implement checking 8th badge script the fact is i haven't received 8th badge still the script doesn't start
Can anyone tell me what i did wrong?

Script
Spoiler:

Screenshots
Spoiler:
hmm maybe you have already used that flag? try it out it might work

rokrdude

POKEMON : SINNOH QUEST CREATOR
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
hmm maybe you have already used that flag? try it out it might work

Sorry but I didn't get ur point cant we use the
same checkflag command if it as been used already

Also the flag i used is standard for 8th gym

The thing is i am never able to implement the script at a particlular spot correctly
May someone can look at the screenshots along with the script to help me.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Sorry but I didn't get ur point cant we use the
same checkflag command if it as been used already

Also the flag i used is standard for 8th gym

The thing is i am never able to implement the script at a particlular spot correctly
May someone can look at the screenshots along with the script to help me.

Make sure the variable 0x4050 equals 0.

Also, you should use a different flag for each script if they are not connected. You're fine with using that one to check if you have the badge or not.

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2010
Hey can someone tell me whats wrong with this script? When I talk to the person it locks the player and everything, but no message box appears.
Spoiler:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Hey can someone tell me whats wrong with this script? When I talk to the person it locks the player and everything, but no message box appears.
Spoiler:
There dosent seem to be anything wrong try re-pointing the offsets or changing the msgbox type
Ok, I'm a noob scripter, but, what is the offset that allows the Pokemon menu option Firered, and where would I put it in the following script:
As well, I'm making a hack, so I'll be here very often.
Spoiler:
its a flag 0x826 or 0x828 I am not 100% sure its in that area try experimenting or looking at oke's script in pallet town.

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2010
Alright, I'll go ahead and change the msgbox type
EDIT: I did change it but when I click on the person nothing happens but im locked and if I click again the screen goes black?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back