• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Even more new Formes?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
idk I guess you can go back and forward to that location for forme changes. Or I hope so!

WAIT WHAT. /slow

THUNDURUS GETS VOLT ABSORB? OOH. OOH INDEED. AND INTIMIDATE FOR LANDORUS CAN ALSO BE USEFUL. omg this may actually change competitive considering their different stats and stuff omggg.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
YESSSSS, new abilities. I can see why they get the abilities they do. Landorus looks intimidating imo. Thundurus' new ability<3

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
No love for Tornadus here?
It does look intimidating (I wondered why it's eyes looked so mad when it was revealed, and now I know).
Thundurus' ability seems awesome, makes me glad I have a 3DS ^_^

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
And Tornadus get Restoration!
Well Keldeo changes forme when it learns Sacred sword...perhaps you have to erase the move to get it back to normal...

Well ya, I wasn't that excited about Tornadus' ability loool.

Oh maybe, but that would be kinda strange, and perhaps if it DID get boosts, they would benefit it more in this new forme anyway, so it'd have no need to go back to the older one.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Well in July's CoroCoro there's scans of Keldeo's new Resolution forme.
*big ass pic*
I'm a little disappointed that there wasn't much changes to it Usual Forme. I was expecting that the scan of the forme on the cover was hiding changes for it's body, but they stay unchanged. :(
Agreed. All they did was give it a new horn and a longer mane (and possibly made it slightly bigger). How anticlimactic.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2013
The sacred beast forms are interesting, but what's Thundurus supposed to be? I do like that the sashes from earlier are tails now, and also that the great pallet swaps have become original.

I'd most like to see a new Genesect form though, despite it already having the discs. It's just so... underwhelming stat-wise compared to Deoxys and Arceus, that I feel bad for it. It's a really cool concept, too, so it's a shame not to see it change.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I like the Kami trio's new abilities! If Roost doesn't make it as a tutor move that Tornadus can learn, then Regenerator is really good to make up for it. The same applies for Thundurus and Volt Absorb. If Sacred Beast Landorus has lowered defenses, then Intimidate would be a good way to make up for the physical end.

Years
Seems like they put some thought into the special abilities this time for the Metagame. I find the Mirror to change them interesting, I hope there's some story with it.

Leon16

Awesome!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2014
The new forms are interesting to say the least, was kinda hoping for something new with the starters though, but I knew it was far-fetched to say the least

Years
Come to think about it what was the surprise with the starters or was that only a rumor?
On topic: I like these formes though them spreading them around different legends make Deoxys not seem very special anymore...

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2012
genesect should have a new form abit like arceus but better appearance difference like the rotoms. keldeo's new resolution form is ok-ish but a longer mane and a blue horn is really dissapointing

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Newest update:

Keldeo can only maintain Resolution Form while it has Sacred Sword (I think someone called this before but don't remember who)

All Kami Trio can freely change. (Previous rumor of the B/W ones not being able to change was false.

Pokejungle said:
Kami trio that is caught in Pokémon Dream Radar may switch back and forth between formes, and their ability will change from their AR searcher ability to the Dream World Abilities. Kami trio Pokemon caught in BW will also form change and change abilities.

This means that the Dream Radar Pokemon will also have Dream World abilities most likely while the other Kami Trio will have their normal abilities and Sacred Form Abilities.

In other words a Thundurus from Black and White will have the Ability Prankster and when it changes form (sacred beast), Volt Absorb. While a Thundurus from Dream Radar will have Volt Absorb (sacred Beast), and when it changes form it'll have Defiant (Genie form)(Dream World Ability).

Years
Wow, I was right about Keldeo...

I find the Dream Radar kami trio having the dream abilities when turning back awesome, these make them the first legitimate Unova Pokemon to have their dream abilities.

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
I really hope that Genesect gets a form
I mean i dont like all the new forms( i hate the barely noticeable resolution form), but at least all the legendarys have forms,except victini. Genesect has an amazing concept and Gamefreak can do sooo much with the ancient bug.

I just hope it doesnt end up being a half-baked legendary like heatran

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
Years
I'm not a huge fan of Keldeo's new Resolution form.. It's design is saddening, to say the least. Albeit, I'm not a fan of it's original design or concept either.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Oh god after talking to a friend, I'm pretty much expecting Gendered Forms of Cryognal now. Cause...ya know...Attract...that is WAY too weird to be an oversight in the design.

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Well in July's CoroCoro there's scans of Keldeo's new Resolution forme.
CoroCoro_July_2012_Keldeo.png

I'm a little disappointed that there wasn't much changes to it Usual Forme. I was expecting that the scan of the forme on the cover was hiding changes for it's body, but they stay unchanged. :(
Looks like it's cosplaying as Mars.

Back