• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2012
I put this script into my game with the intention of the sprite dissapearing at the end. Dr. Fuji and Death_Mande have tried to help, but the after the sprite moves, it still just stands in place...

#org $script
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
if 0x1 goto $talk
message $talk
$talk 1 = Look at this!
boxset 6
applymovement 14 $move
$move 1 ; #binary 0x08 0x0A 0x0A 0x0A 0x0A 0x0A 0x0A 0x0A 0x09 0x09 0xFE
pausemove 0x0000
#raw 53
#raw 14
#raw 00
clearflag 0x200
release
end

I haven't used any flags yet so i assumed 200 wasn't taken (because of some tutorials i read) and I did switch to XSE. now what am i doing wrong? Thanks to everyone who's helping.

droomph

weeb
Years
I put this script into my game with the intention of the sprite dissapearing at the end. Dr. Fuji and Death_Mande have tried to help, but the after the sprite moves, it still just stands in place...

#org $script
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
if 0x1 goto $talk
message $talk
$talk 1 = Look at this!
boxset 6
applymovement 14 $move
pausemove 0x0000
#raw 53
#raw 14
#raw 00
clearflag 0x200
release
end

I haven't used any flags yet so i assumed 200 wasn't taken (because of some tutorials i read) and I did switch to XSE. now what am i doing wrong? Thanks to everyone who's helping.
Did you assign the flag number to the OW?

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2012
Anyone know why this happens to my rom after I hack it?

This happens to my rom after I hack it. I don't believe it was doing it before I was hacking it.

yI2Jy.png

anyone know why?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023

#org $script
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
if 0x1 goto $talk
message $talk
$talk 1 = Look at this!
boxset 6
applymovement 14 $move
pausemove 0x0000
#raw 53
#raw 14
#raw 00
clearflag 0x200
release
end

If you want him to disappear after you talk to him, then change this line...
Code:
clearflag 0x200
to
Code:
setflag 0x200

Also, remove this line of codes in your script...
Code:
checkflag 0x200
if 0x1 goto $talk
Because if it's a talking script, and you want him to disappear after you talk to him, then those set of codes are pointless.

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2014
I know this has been already asked but the answer is not all that clear for me. I'm editing the back trainer sprites in emerald. I found them in tile molester for gba, but now what? Can I import premade ones somehow? How do I edit the palette and make the sprites assembled correctly?

Pan

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2023
Hey, I've been using Advancetext to edit the text in a Firered Rom.

I've repointed the text a few times, and once I got so far the ROM started messing up completely and flashing once I got to the "Name your trainer" screen.

Is there any kind of fix for this?

Rasen

ASM is very cool!
Years
Hey, I've been using Advancetext to edit the text in a Firered Rom.

I've repointed the text a few times, and once I got so far the ROM started messing up completely and flashing once I got to the "Name your trainer" screen.

Is there any kind of fix for this?
That's why you should backup your ROM...
If you haven't done any backup, you will probably have to start again...

jabberjabber8

../\..
Years
Ok So I have recently come back to this after a very long break, and I have a rom hack with a lot of scripts in it.

These scripts work and I want to see the original code for them but I have no idea how to access it...

Thoughts?

Years
Ok So I have recently come back to this after a very long break, and I have a rom hack with a lot of scripts in it.

These scripts work and I want to see the original code for them but I have no idea how to access it...

Thoughts?
In Advance Map, go into the settings menu and select "choose script editor", then browse to your script editor (XSE, PKSV, whatever you use), click yes or no on the popup that comes up, then select the Script Tile for the script you want to view and either double click it or click the "Open Script" button.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
If rpg maker isnt useful in rom hacking why are there roms in the hacks forum that said was made by rpg maker?

You're sure that you're talking about this section and not this section? They're both in Creative, but not related at all.

Also, where did you find ROMs on this site?

jabberjabber8

../\..
Years
In Advance Map, go into the settings menu and select "choose script editor", then browse to your script editor (XSE, PKSV, whatever you use), click yes or no on the popup that comes up, then select the Script Tile for the script you want to view and either double click it or click the "Open Script" button.

Have tried that but the box saying "open script" is greyed out and I cant click it, and if I double click the event nothing happens.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2012
Posting again because no one answered my last question.

Is there anyway to get Advance Text to automatically always repoint text that is longer than the original? Sometimes the program does it, but sometimes it gives this message: "There's enough space after the text. The text won't be repointed."

It then leaves the long text in the same position as the text that was shorter than it = it spills over into other strings and corrupts them = whole ROM irreversibly corrupted.

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
Years
Advanced Map/PVS not working correctly?

Hey, I recently attempted to begin Rom hacking and I've had some serious problems when I've tried to use both Advanced map and PVS-UI script editor. I'm not sure which program is the cause, so I'm going to be a thurough as possible as to what I did when I installed both programs, and what I'm trying to do.

My Installation
Spoiler:

What I'm attempting to do:
Spoiler:

How I went about this:
Spoiler:

jabberjabber8

../\..
Years
One more question (=

I have a title screen from one of my old hacks but now I am starting over, is there anyway I can easily use that title screen on my new game?

Edit -
Fixed my own problem again, sorry. (=

Last edited:

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Posting again because no one answered my last question.

Is there anyway to get Advance Text to automatically always repoint text that is longer than the original? Sometimes the program does it, but sometimes it gives this message: "There's enough space after the text. The text won't be repointed."

It then leaves the long text in the same position as the text that was shorter than it = it spills over into other strings and corrupts them = whole ROM irreversibly corrupted.
Why don't you just make it so that you repoint the text data first and then put your new text in blank space (where you of course repointed it) and edit that part of the rom data with the editor ?
Tools like Advancetext are totally useless if you don't use them for writing text quicker (which is also why I use a text editor for Gen II hacking myself).

The Void

hiiiii
Years
Hey, I recently attempted to begin Rom hacking and I've had some serious problems when I've tried to use both Advanced map and PVS-UI script editor. I'm not sure which program is the cause, so I'm going to be a thurough as possible as to what I did when I installed both programs, and what I'm trying to do.

My Installation
Spoiler:

What I'm attempting to do:
Spoiler:

How I went about this:
Spoiler:

Hiya, I'm pretty sure you mean PKSV, not PVS xD
All the steps you did were correct, except sometimes you need to copy paste the script in the

#org 0xC0DB874
'-----------------------------------

and then compile it again, if you get what I mean. Usually that's what I do in cases like this. >.<

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
Years
I copied and pasted it into the script and compiled. The same thing occurs. Do i paste it under the

#org 0xC0DB874
'-----------------------------------
or do I erase that And type something new in? Even if I paste it under there, compile it, and then attempt to open the script again, the same occurs.

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2012
Can someone explain how I can re point text manually using a XSE script editor in advance map, I was going to use A-text but after realising that you cant have longer dialogue I wanted to know how I can do this myself but haven't found any scripting tutorials showing how I can point the text to a new location. I read it can be done through hex editor to but I have not a clue where to begin, something about the game table file? dunno where to find that lol. Any help would be appreciated .:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back