• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HALLOWEEN MOVIESSSS YAAAY

Zozma

I'm a blur
Years
I admit it, I love Hocus Pocus, too.

I'm actually a really big fan of the horror/supernatural/monster movie genre (despite the fact that there are so many stinkers in the pile). Some of my favorites are zombie movies like 28 Days Later and I Am Legend. I also recently enjoyed the foreign movie The Host (it was weird, though) and Cabin in the Woods.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Thank you, Ausaudriel.

For that MARVELOUS introduction.

Hocus Pocus is my all time favorite Halloween movie as well. But you know what I like to watch like an addict when October rolls around? Goosebumps the TV show. I love the cheesy plot twists at the end.

OH, IT WAS ALL JUST A MOVIE THEY WERE DOING.

BUT THE GUY GOT SCRATCHED BY THE MONSTER, DOESN'T MAKE HIM....?

OH MY HE JUST ATE A LIVE MOUSE.

STUFF JUST GOT SERIOUS.

Honest

Hi!
Years
...would it be sad if I said I didn't really know any Halloween movies? D=

I'm assuming slashers/gore isn't what were talking about

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I freaking love Hocus Pocus.

But THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS

OhmaiGAWD.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Ghostbusters! My favourite movie to watch at that time of year and one of my favourite movies in general.

Not a movie, but I also must watch The Great Pumpkin special every year

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Hahaha this post just made my night. 8)

Duuuude, the werewolf one!! It was sooooo creepy when I was a kid. I saw that shizzle when I was like eight years old and it scared the bejeezus out of me.

One of my favorite points about the show was seeing how every character was apart of a boy-girl paring of some sort.

Like EVERYONE. If the man character was a boy, he's have a girl best friend or sister or an girl rival. That eventually got crazy after a while, especially in the trick or treating episode with TABITHA and LEE. They were like the seventh girl and boy pairing of that story.

Years
Aaaaahhhhh, Halloween movies! There are too many to chose from. I can't pick just one.

I do like to watch bad monster movies whether they're "classics" or some B-list trash. I've got a soft spot of werewolf and vampire movies. Ginger Snaps. Underworld. Stuff like that. For me, big monster movies like Godzilla vs. Mothra are totally acceptable Halloween movies, too, so I'll have to watch something from those if I can.

I just wish the last Twilight movie were out a little sooner. It would make for the most awful/fun Halloween night.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Hocus Pocus is my favorite. It's a classic. I finally got it on DVD last year. Its still unopened, im waiting for October to open it!

I also like Nightmare Before Christmas :)

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
With Nightmare Before Christmas I see it more as a Christmas movie than a Halloween movie. I think within the week after Halloween is a good time for it

Years
Hocus Pocus is my favorite. I've watched it every year since I was a kid.
It's the iconic Halloween movie, imo.

My boyfriend wants me to watch a lot of scary movies, though. He's kind of a horror movie buff.
I'm scared, tbh.
I'm not big on horror, really.

Also, I don't consider Nightmare Before Christmas a Halloween-y movie. I watch it in-between, like during Thanksgiving.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Hocus Pocus, Little Nicky and The Little Vampire are my absolute favorites. Watched each of them every year on that ABC family days of halloween thing they do.

Years
Yesterday I saw the remake of Fright Night (with David Tennant! oh, and some other people). Gonna probably add this to my Halloween movie pool since it hit plenty of the buttons for a good Halloween movie:

- Creepy
- Well paced
- Not overly gory
- Some funny scenes
- Overall exceeding expectations

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
The Nightmare Before Christmas , which I think is more of a Halloween movie than a Christmas movie. I don't watch a lot of scary movies, but two I really like are Jeepers Creepers and The Grudge.

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2019
C'mon, Braindead is a "must seen". Peter Jackson + gore, gorejacksous (ok, this pun actually sucks)

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
The Shining and Psycho or GTFO. And no, I don't care that Halloween has passed. Those two films are so good that they can be watched at any time and still scare the living crap out of me. The Shining in a purely psychological way, and Psycho with its haunting score and massive degrees of suspense. I didn't watch either of them this year, but I'm probably going to see an extended cut of the former in cinemas in the next week-or-so. So... yay me! :D

Back