• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Fire Water deck

shaswatdgr8pokefan

elite trainer
Years
I have been playing Pokemon TCG online for about a month. No one around my home keeps TCG cards, so i have to do with what i get. I got 3 good EXs so i thought to string up this deck.

Pokemon
Kyurem x 1
Articuno EX x 1
Eevee x 3
Flareon x 2 (One PF and one Sand attack one)
White Kyurem EX (Slash) x 1
Heatran EX x 1
Torchic line x 3-2-1

Trainers:
Switch x 1
Catcher x 2
Enhanced Hammer x 2
Cilan x 3
Hypnotoxic Laser x 2
Ghetsis x 1
Cheren x 1
N x 2
Skyla x 1
Level Ball x 1
Ultra Ball x 1
Tool Scrapper x 1
Town Map x 1
Colorless Machine x 2
Rocky Helmet x 2

Energy
3 Plasma
2 DCEs
6 Water
10 Fire

Any improvements, feedback, advice etc. would be quite appreciated!! (At least it seems to be holding its own better than the other 3 decks i made)

Years
Figure out which of your Pokemon you're using that you like best and seem to work the best for you, and then focus on those lines, cutting out the lines that don't help you much if at all. Higher quantity and balanced evolution lines will help improve consistency quite a bit.

Professor Juniper will be an amazing draw card in this, so run 2-3 for now.

shaswatdgr8pokefan

elite trainer
Years
Hey, i traded 3 rares (I got 8 codes from a very generous guy, but no EXs sadly) for a Victini EX and 3 uncommons for 2 Wartortles and removed both the Flareon and Blaziken lines to put in VICTINI EX, Lugia EX and the Deluge Blastoise line. I think this improves the deck cuz i beat a Mew2/Deoxys/Kyurem/Thundrus deck that i have NEVER done before.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
I feel like if you are going to run blastoise. You should go mono water. Having fire in that deck just weakens blastoises potential. You could have 3 energy in your hand if they were all water then you would be able to attach all 3 at one time + a plasma or DCE. However you could end up with 1 water 2 fire and some form of special energy and you could only put down 2 of them. Which imo basically loses the point of carrying blastoise in a deck since it takes 3 turns (without a rare candy) to bring it out and 3 slots for pokemon cards. Without some consistent way to search and bring out blastoise, i would suggest nothing less than 4-3-3 without rare candy or 4-1-4 with rare candy.

I'm going to assume you have something like 3-2-1 blastoise atm. With catchers easily bringing out squirtle/wartortle, and the sheer amount of other pokemon and cards in your deck, it will be tough to get it out consistently. Out of 60 cards you need 3 of 6 cards and at least 3 turns to build it up (assuming you get them in order). If you run 4-1-4 with 4 rare candy, 4 skyla, and 1 comp search. You need only 3 cards out of 18 cards in your deck of 60. Greatly increasing your chance to put together a blastoise. It basically makes like 1/3rd of your deck designed around pulling blastoise instead of 1/10th. It can increase even further if you include ultraballs, pokemon communications, and stuff of that sort.

But as you can see it takes up a lot of space to create consistency for one pokemon. Thus only allowing space for maybe one other line, 3-3 or 2-2. Of which it needs either be of use to your primary pokemon, or make use of your primary pokemon. Add in a few strong basics (i like to have around 9-12 basics total and maybe like 17ish total pokemon) for more consistent starts and you have yourself a pokemon set. At least in my theory.

shaswatdgr8pokefan

elite trainer
Years
My thoughts entirely, profen!!! I, as of now, only have 2 Blastoises at the moment, both here. Added a Tornadus and made it 5 Fire and 10 water energies to better abuse blastoise. Thanks for the help. I traded an EX for a Kyurem EX yesterday, but did not add it as i feel i would overload the number of pokemon.

Back