• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mysteries of Dungeons // PMD Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Although I've never played Time or Darkness before, I did see World Abyss in a let's play video on YouTube, and yeah, I have to agree--the location looked quite amazing. :] My personal favorite, though, would probably have to be Spinda's Café. Not sure why, but I just loved visiting the place.

Years
Have you read any manga featuring Mystery Dungeon? If so, what was it?

fjgjgj I almost forgot there was a manga. Nope, I haven't read it, but thanks for the reminder! I've always been so interested in manga series featuring these things. I was a fan of purplekecleon's PMD interactive adventures/comics and that became super huge later on with lots of people drawing and creating their own PMD characters to include in their stories. People can get super creative with these things.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Ooh, that reminds me--do you guys have any favorite fan-made PMD comics? Me, I really like "To Each their Ends" by ChillySunDance. Here's an episode:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Don't think I've ever ran into that before, unfortunately. It does look pretty interesting, though--will definitely give it a read when I get the chance!

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
Years
Username: Fernbutter

Nickname (optional): Fern

Answer a topic:

// What PMD games have you played so far?
All except I am currently playing Gates to Infinity~

// There are couple of anime episodes featuring PMD; have you watched any? I think I saw one, but never actually realized it :)

// If you were sent into the PMD world as a Pokémon, what would you do? That would just be swell!~ I would probably just live the rest of my life as a Pokemon, do work, train, make some friends, then explore to the ends of the world! >:D

// Have you read any manga featuring Mystery Dungeon? If so, what was it? THOSE EXIST?! OMG I AM GONNA GO SEARCH FOR SOME NOW :D :D :D

Arrow

I'd like to be a tree :3
Years
Worst experience with a monster house

This was only a couple of days ago. I was exploring Sky Mountain for the first time this save file and in the 9th Station Pass I believe it was, in a very small room, a very random monster house came out of no where. Usually MHs appear if there's like 2-3 gummies in a room, but there was only 1 Poke coin in there...

Since the room was small then it shouldn't be so bad, right? Cuz there won't be as many Pokemon there? Well, let's just say this particular room had 4 traps in it. And since the room was small, my team had nowhere to move and thus had to keep stepping on the traps. I think the traps were 3 sleep traps and one of the traps that lowers a stat. Luckily I had a petrify orb to help me but I also had to go through the MH as it was the only way to get to the stairs.

Favourite place in MD

By place do you mean like the hub area of the game (ex. Pokemon Square) or dungeon?

If it's the hub area then my favourite would definitely be Treasure Town. First of all, sweet theme. Second I just get so upbeat and happy whenever I go into it and OMGIJUSTLOVESKYANDJJKKFKJFVGYVCE!

Ahem. Also, I don't why this happened, but I just love TT so much that when I read sh*tty fanfic that used TT as a location, I felt like crying. Treasure Town didn't deserve to be in that monstrosity!

Any favourite fan-made comics?

Nope. I don't think I've looked at any though... :P

Shhmew

Years
@Farred Sky; I can and have typed up huuuge lists of everything I hated about Gates to Infinity. xD And I agree that Explorers of Sky is best hands down.

@Nymphadora; I have never tried reading any mystery dungeon comics, I can imagine maybe liking some though so maybe I will give them a try. ^.^

What is your Hero and Partner for each game you're playing?

Red Rescue Team: The very first time I played through this, I remember I was Pikachu, and my partner was Charmander. I played soooo many times between that and my most recent file, but I believe my most recent, I was a Flareon and my partner was Charizard. (I like fire types hehe)

Explorers of Time: I only played through this maybe twice, but my most recent one is, I am a Munchlax and my partner is Raichu. I really didn't want to evolve myself hehe. Munchlax is adorable and sooo bulky in that game.

Explorers of Sky: I don't even know how many times I've played through this, but my recent file is: I am a Flareon pretty sure, my partner is a Luxray, and I take Shaymin into dungeons every time as my third member, using the flower to turn it to its Sky forme (sad it gets reset to its land forme every time I leave the dungeon)

Gates to Infinity: Played through this only once, I was a Pikachu (though it really really really really bothered me I was obviously male because no heart tail) and partner was a Fraxure. Haxorus looks a taaad awkward just stomping around in dungeons, so I kept it a Fraxure. Fraxure's cute anyway heheh.

Arrow

I'd like to be a tree :3
Years
@Farred Sky; I can and have typed up huuuge lists of everything I hated about Gates to Infinity. xD And I agree that Explorers of Sky is best hands down.

What is your Hero and Partner for each game you're playing?

Explorers of Sky: I don't even know how many times I've played through this, but my recent file is: I am a Flareon pretty sure, my partner is a Luxray, and I take Shaymin into dungeons every time as my third member, using the flower to turn it to its Sky forme (sad it gets reset to its land forme every time I leave the dungeon)

Gates to Infinity: Played through this only once, I was a Pikachu (though it really really really really bothered me I was obviously male because no heart tail) and partner was a Fraxure. Haxorus looks a taaad awkward just stomping around in dungeons, so I kept it a Fraxure. Fraxure's cute anyway heheh.

I think that the creators put too much emphasis on the graphics. Sure they were pretty and all but I still prefer the old 2D style. I found it much easier to navigate through a dungeon as I could tell which places the tiles were. I found that to be much more difficult in Gates to Infinity. That is one minor problem I had with the game.

If you're a Flareon and your partner is a Luxray on Sky then that would mean you started as an Eevee and Shinx, right? It's pretty much a coincidence that I've got that same exact team (I've mentioned them plenty of times before). The only differences are that I haven't beaten the game on this file yet so I can't evolve and that I plan on evolving into Espeon, though I do really like Flareon myself. I also hope Eevee is made a starter in the next MD game. Since it's most likely gen 6 Pokemon will be in the next game, then that means Sylveon!~ My favourite of all of the Eeveelutions.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. It really upset me that you and your partner had to be male, especially since the Pokemon fanbase is divided between males and females so there's no exact target audience to base the gender on. I just simply hated Infinity. I think the furthest I got was just before the glacier part. I didn't want to go any further because I was just so bored! I'm thinking about giving the game one last chance and playing it again soon, but I know it'll still be my least favourite of the series.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Username: Fernbutter

Nickname (optional): Fern

Answer a topic:

// What PMD games have you played so far?
All except I am currently playing Gates to Infinity~

// There are couple of anime episodes featuring PMD; have you watched any? I think I saw one, but never actually realized it :)

// If you were sent into the PMD world as a Pokémon, what would you do? That would just be swell!~ I would probably just live the rest of my life as a Pokemon, do work, train, make some friends, then explore to the ends of the world! >:D

// Have you read any manga featuring Mystery Dungeon? If so, what was it? THOSE EXIST?! OMG I AM GONNA GO SEARCH FOR SOME NOW :D :D :D

Welcome to our group, Fern! Nice to see you here. :] Oh, you've seen one? Do you remember anything from it? If so, you could go ahead and share--we'd love to hear them! Personally haven't played Gates to Infinity before, but will definitely give it a try at some point in the future.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
I have not been in a club for a wile, and haveing been a fan of mystery dungeon since i started playing pokemon this club seems fitting

Username: blueredemption
Nickname: eh, blue is fine

// What PMD games have you played so far? All of em :p
// There are couple of anime episodes featuring PMD; have you watched any? I saw the one(s?) For pmd explorers a wile back.
// If you were sent into the PMD world as a Pokémon, what would you do? Become the best, most secretive pokemon there could be.
// Have you read any manga featuring Mystery Dungeon? If so, what was it? Nope. Didn't know there were any.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Welcome, Blue! Ah, yeah, there are indeed a few PMD manga out there, but not much people seem to be aware of them, sadly. ):

Mew

The New Species Pokémon
Years
Quick question: Why is it that no one likes Gates To Infinity? Is it because "it's Gen 5 and it must be $#!7 if it's Gen 5?"

mudkipzmania98

How about an encore?
Years
Quick question: Why is it that no one likes Gates To Infinity? Is it because "it's Gen 5 and it must be $#!7 if it's Gen 5?"
Gates to infinity did somethings right i'm sure, but it did so many things wrong that it takes all the good things and throws it in a monster house when it only has 1 hp and no oran berries or reviver seeds.
They took everything you loved about PMD 1 & 2 and threw it out the window. You can only be male, you can only choose from 4 pokemon like seriously who thought that was a good idea? they took out the personality test which really helped make the character feel like it was you, and much, much more, and that my friend is why people hate gates to infinity. At least I think that's why, that's what it sounds like at least. I honestly didn't find it too bad it's not anything I would want to play again but it was fun at least

Star11Pika

Don't just look at the stars, be one c:
Years
Well the actual reason I didn't buy it was because there were so many engetive reactions and I still didn't complete the other PMD that I owned by then.
Like Mudkipz already said I must agree it is no use playing as male...
They just disapointed all female players..

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023

I actually liked gates, atleast in the end. The beginning was grindy and predictable, not to mention it took so much time. I won't say for the sake of spoiling, but the end was fun to play. It was know where near how good the earlier games were though.

Shhmew

Years
Heh, no. I didn't like gen 5 very much, but that had very little to do with how much I liked Gates to Infinity.

My hugest, biggest issue is they just blatantly took a HUGE step back from Explorers of Sky. There was waaaay less to do, and WAAAAY less Pokemon to choose from as a playable character, and to recruit in the game. It just all feels like a giant downgrade, except for the graphics, those are good. And a few other things. But in the older games there were SO many dungeons to visit, and even after you beat the main story in the older games, the story continued and there was still so much to do. ;__; In Gates to Infinity, the story is good, but once it ends... it really ends. u.u

Plus I thought the whole Guild thing in Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky was perfect. >.<

I thought I lost my copy of Explorers of Sky, but I found it last night!! It was with all my other missing games, in a random pocket of my laptop case. I guess I put them in there when I moved and forgot about it. I can't wait to get my 3DS back from repair now :'3

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2015
Username: Cardinal

Nickname (optional): Shiny

Answer a topic:

// What PMD games have you played so far? Finished Blue Rescue Team, played a bit of Explorers of Sky, and am playing Gates to Infinity for a second time.

// There are couple of anime episodes featuring PMD; have you watched any? None

// If you were sent into the PMD world as a Pokémon, what would you do? Probably just make a rescue team, and go on adventures!

// Have you read any manga featuring Mystery Dungeon? If so, what was it? No.

Username: Cardinal

Nickname (optional): Shiny

Answer a topic:

// What PMD games have you played so far? Finished Blue Rescue Team, played a bit of Explorers of Sky, and am playing Gates to Infinity for a second time.

// There are couple of anime episodes featuring PMD; have you watched any? None

// If you were sent into the PMD world as a Pokémon, what would you do? Probably just make a rescue team, and go on adventures!

// Have you read any manga featuring Mystery Dungeon? If so, what was it? No.

mudkipzmania98

How about an encore?
Years
I got a question, how the heck do you guys get through monster houses? Or are you like me and just get your tail kicked right away and cry in your room for a few minute, I swear those things are unbeatable man without earthquake or something like that or a bulky legendary pokemon on your team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back