• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

aperso

Please feel free to VM random fruit types.
Years
Go to the end of the Safari Zone and battle Team Rocket to save Dragonair. Afterwards, return to the Pokemon Center and Nurse Joy should give you some medicine to deliver and a bike to cross the bridge with.

mistake me if i'm wrong but should you put that question in the faq

Meta Paradox

Researching FireRed...
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2011
Awesome hack! I just wanna know: How did you do the Ho-oh flying sequence? That's just plain awesome. Was that a script or an ASM hack or something? Cool.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Awesome hack! I just wanna know: How did you do the Ho-oh flying sequence? That's just plain awesome. Was that a script or an ASM hack or something? Cool.

I think it's a combination of applymovement and some setanimation script (or is it doanimation?)
I'm not sure, since I've never tried the animation scripts :S

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2012
This is pretty awesome, I've figured out how to play this on my android phone. Now I can even play this while I'm at school.

So far I haven't had any issues with the game, it's very great. I've liked everything in it, thanks for making it!

waiting4b6

Bursting Fire creator
Years
It says 1m sub circuit board not installed all the time, Just skip past it with the A Button or Start Button :)

That means you patched it to a corrupted fire red file. But before looking for a new one, try changing the settings from flash 64K to 128K in the vba settings

smilewolfy

pokemon photographer
Years
talking about regions, im happy if metapod stopped at orange islands like he said, but hopefully he gets the urge to continue lol. he could skip johto, hoenn and sinnoh and go right to Unova seeing ho many anime watchers are saying the writers should have done that :p just an idea for him

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2012
all regions would be cool, but its kinda to much i think
meta should stop at orange islands

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2016
I cannot defeat brock. In the anime, pikachu wasn't given a light ball, it learned thunderbolt. Perhaps you could replace the light ball with tm24?

Years
I cannot defeat brock. In the anime, pikachu wasn't given a light ball, it learned thunderbolt. Perhaps you could replace the light ball with tm24?

true, but in the anime pikachu's electric power was increased by the power plant and the only way to do this is with a light ball. and pikachu knew thunderbolt before that already, when it saved ash from spearow :)

Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2012
That would work but I think it should only apply on Pikachu, not everyone wants their Bulb and Squirt to evolve so yeah. Also, these updates are looking good. Can't wait for the next beta ;)
EDit; page 69, >_<

yeah well what if you want to follow the storyline and not let them evolve without having to press the B button all the time

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2011
I have only played this to the area when you release butterfree so im not one to say that its bad. but that doesnt matter because i LOVE this hack its not terrabull but it has a few bad parts. but in genral its a good hack make more updates and keep it up dued. love game.

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2016
1. Is there any way getting Butterfree back or I should just avoid giving it away in the mating event thing?
2. In SS Anne, there's a guy asking you to trade your Butterfree for a Raticate. Since Ash refused iirc, why not make the player refuse automatically here too?
3. You should set Bulbasaur and Squirtle's level requirement for Ivysaur/Wartortle to something like lv55-60, so they WILL evolve by themselves after the league but (most likely) not before it. Also, you should set Charmander to Charemeleon's requirement to level 3x or so, then Charizard's requirement to something like 3-4 levels after that. It just feels wrong to repetitively press B after every level for 3 Pokemons, or cheat for everstones, to get the appropriate result in comparison to the anime.

Oh, I have an even better idea for Squirtle and Bulbasaur: make a "What-if" story for the Orange Islands, once the player finishes the Orange league (the one where Charizard beat Dragonite, if you're going to do that). So once a player finishes the game, he'll find 2 special gems or something, that either evolve them or just allow Bulba/Squirtle to evolve.

Back