• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2011
i registered on the site just to tell you how awesome your hack is!

I dislike pretty much every hack I have tried, but this one just brings back great memories of rushing home to watch new episodes after school. You do us original series fans a great honor making this and I hope you continue it!

I just got to the bye bye butterfree event. It reminded me how I actually cried during that episode.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
this must be the best hack ever made keep it up guys, I cant wait for the island update!!

Your hack is looking awesome Metapod! I'm looking forward to it. :D

i registered on the site just to tell you how awesome your hack is!

I dislike pretty much every hack I have tried, but this one just brings back great memories of rushing home to watch new episodes after school. You do us original series fans a great honor making this and I hope you continue it!

I just got to the bye bye butterfree event. It reminded me how I actually cried during that episode.

Just wanted to thank everyone for the nice comments. Thanks for playing and giving me some encouragement to continue. :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2014
So Metapod, hows it going. Have you started to make the orange islands. I'm just so exited ^^

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
So Metapod, hows it going. Have you started to make the orange islands. I'm just so exited ^^

No, not really. I need to try to focus my creativity toward other projects right now. I'll start working on this again after I've made some progress with some other things I need to work on.

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2015
Let me say this is one of the best hacks if not the best.. First there are things you did that are not quite easy to do and you did a lot of scripting. The orange Islands is another thing and I suggest you do it as a different ROM hack from this because, the Sevii Islands are not enough to replace, and you will need to make different sprites for the alternate colored Pokemon like the ones on Ivy's Lab, the Pinkan Island ones, the Crystal Onix, plus keeping the normal sprite of the normal Onix, Ryhorn, Butterfree, Raticate, and the others. Not to mention the events that take place, and the overworld sprites that you have to add to the game, meaning to replace some. Why don't you make it a sequel or something in another hack? I think it is easier.

LegendOrton

Fire Expert!
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2014
Let me say this is one of the best hacks if not the best.. First there are things you did that are not quite easy to do and you did a lot of scripting. The orange Islands is another thing and I suggest you do it as a different ROM hack from this because, the Sevii Islands are not enough to replace, and you will need to make different sprites for the alternate colored Pokemon like the ones on Ivy's Lab, the Pinkan Island ones, the Crystal Onix, plus keeping the normal sprite of the normal Onix, Ryhorn, Butterfree, Raticate, and the others. Not to mention the events that take place, and the overworld sprites that you have to add to the game, meaning to replace some. Why don't you make it a sequel or something in another hack? I think it is easier.
Yes and you would have from the begining a Pikachu a Charizars, Bulbasaur, Snorlax and the other pokemon ash had at this time ;) Pikachu & the three Starters in the team and the rest on the PC every pokemon lvl 10 and a Charizard lvl 36 that doesnt obbey you :) or something like this , it would be better i think

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2011
Yes and you would have from the begining a Pikachu a Charizars, Bulbasaur, Snorlax and the other pokemon ash had at this time ;) Pikachu & the three Starters in the team and the rest on the PC every pokemon lvl 10 and a Charizard lvl 36 that doesnt obbey you :) or something like this , it would be better i think
Having the events from the anime is cool, but i don't get why you would need to have the same pokemon that ash has ... (yeah anime hack, but you should be able to play through it with your own team i think ...)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I am sure that Meta considered this and he knows that he can put Orange Isles into the AG =)
It's pretty normal for ROM to have 2 regions.
Not to mention that Meta's using JPAN's patch which gives hacker even more space .)

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2015
I think if it ha space it would be very cool indeed to make it single ROM with this one. But I hope he has space for the Overworld sprites, the sprites for the Pink Pokemon, the Crystal Onix, whil keeping the original ones, although he can just replace the Hoenn Pokemon and some of the Johto too so he has a lot of space for that, just dont know if he would have space for OW spirtes.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I think if it ha space it would be very cool indeed to make it single ROM with this one. But I hope he has space for the Overworld sprites, the sprites for the Pink Pokemon, the Crystal Onix, whil keeping the original ones, although he can just replace the Hoenn Pokemon and some of the Johto too so he has a lot of space for that, just dont know if he would have space for OW spirtes.
Do I have to repeat myself? :D
JPAN's patch is not "normal" FR :D Adding OWs is not a problem =)
And lemme say this: ROM is filled with unused space so Meta will surely not have problems when it comes to the space ;)

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2011
I understood Koga's riddle and got into the gym,but I can't find Koga! Is there something wrong in the wall? (Only 3.6.1 has this problem,3.5 works well)

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2015
Do I have to repeat myself? :D
JPAN's patch is not "normal" FR :D Adding OWs is not a problem =)
And lemme say this: ROM is filled with unused space so Meta will surely not have problems when it comes to the space ;)

wow that is quite impressive!!! never heard of that, so that is how other hacks managed to put a whole lot of stuff!

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2016
I can't get out of Bill's lighthouse. The rug tile is completely missing and there is no way out :(. Any way that i am able to fix it so i can keep playing?

Ashor

Devil Summoner
Years
Okay just decided to pick this game up again. Whenever I start I can't get out of the bedroom in the beginning. When I go down the stairs it just goes black.
Anybody know how to fix this?

Edit: Nevermind got it fixed

Last edited:
Years
Hello

anyone having problem with the game should b notify that they should not play the latest beta of ash grey and instead they r adviced to try older beta versions.
HOPE THIS FIXES THE PROBLEMS?????

Years
Great idea man. I've only just started getting into hacks and this looks incredible. just downloaded and about to play it. can't wait for the orange islands. keep up the good work

TD013

8 badges in Kanto, I have 10
Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2022
Hey Ash493, any hacks that you would suggest?
Meta, you have any other hacks, or currently making any others?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 4, 2016
The Bill's lighthouse glitch where the rug tile isn't there happens in two different patches. Anyone know how to fix this so that i can progress?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hey Ash493, any hacks that you would suggest?
Meta, you have any other hacks, or currently making any others?
Ruby Destiny trilogy, Light Platinum, Flora Sky, though we shouldn't talk about it here since this is AshGray thread ;)

The Bill's lighthouse glitch where the rug tile isn't there happens in two different patches. Anyone know how to fix this so that i can progress?
If you're up for it, you can add random NPC into Bill's Lighthouse that warps you outta there. =)

Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2011
I would like to start by saying hi, I'm new here.

I have found the Pokemon Fire Red mod Ashgray and am having a little bit of a problem. I went to Celedon City first, I did manage to beat Erika, but then when I went back Sabrina's Gym has the old man standing in front of it and won't let me in, but when I try to go to Lavender Town it says that a voice is keeping me in Saffron city. Wouldn't be a problem if I hadn't saved it, but I did. Is there any fixing this? Or will I have to start over?

Back