• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: General Questions & Answers Thread

Have you ever found a shiny?

• Yes

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes, but I lost it!

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The only games you can play as a Pokemon are Pokemon Dash (only as Pikachu, and I don't recommend this game at all), PMD games, and PokePark. Pretty sure that's all. ;( Maybe Rumble and Rumble Blast? idk much about them so eh.

QuickSilveri

Veteran
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
In a way yes, it would be stronger. This is due to its exposure while battling as your pokemon, altering its EV gains/losses. However, some captured pokemon could have max-EV potential and be stronger at lvl100 than one trained from lvl1->100. Long story short, yes and no (it doesnt really matter). hope this helped. :/

Regards, Chris

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
Ya what Quicksilveri said. It'll be EV'd so yes. However, If you train you two identical Pokémon, one of which raised from level 1, one found at level 50, to level 60, they very well could have evened out by then depending on how many Pokémon you beat to get them there

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Jul 13, 2013
Supplements question

Iron, calcium, protein, you name it. When are they most effective?

I am restarting my Pokémon "quest" from FireRed/LeafGreen onward to collect the complete set of Pokémon. I am also hoping to bring up a competition worthy team completely legit.

My big question about the supplements is when to use them. I know they raise the base stats that they represent but does that help raise the stats of trained and untrained Pokémon the same. Or does having a higher base stat as you level give them a boost to that stat's gain?

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Iron, Calcium, Protein and the others are so useful if you want to quickly make your trained and untrained Pokemon stronger permanently. So it's nice to use it to your untrained Pokemon as well. However, when you can't use these supplements anymore (when you try to use the supplements but your Pokemon no longer accepts it), I think you should train your Pokemon the usual way by battling.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Jul 13, 2013
@Wind Heart: Of course, I plan on training my Pokémon through battling. But is it better stat wise to use them on a fresh Pokémon.

Starry Windy

Years
Oh yes, using Iron, Calcium and the others could be said as the shortcut to make your Pokemon stronger (and Pokemon which trained this way are still counted as legit Pokemon), that your supplement-fed Pokemon's power may equal your fully-trained Pokemon if fed more.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Jul 13, 2013
I think we are missing each other's meanings.
If I took two Pokémon that are exactly the same (same IV's, Pokémon, level, ability and nature) fed one supplements till it no longer takes them, then leveled them both to say Lvl 100 with dual Exp Shares so neither actually fought. Would the supplemented Pokémon have better stats?

Starry Windy

Years
I assume you say one of the same Pokemon use the supplements, and the other one don't.
The supplement-user Pokemon is far more stronger and have better stats than the one without supplements if both of them are leveled up via Rare Candies. However, if both of them are using Exp. Shares, I think they will be considered fighting as well even though they didn't join the battle (since Exp Share not only distributes Experience points, the Effort values are distributed too), so they might be equally strong with the supplemented one is already strong before the non-supplemented one.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Jul 13, 2013
So absolutely no difference in the long run after long days walking the tall grass.

Can you point me to a good guide for training/raising then?

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2013
I currently need help with my team on Pokémon Stadium. I need a good team for beating the Elite Four, but it has to come from the stock Pokémon. I'm hoping to go through and unlock Mewtwo and some of the Pokémon that can be transfered to the GB games. I would use my team from Yellow Version, but I just started a new file.

So, does anybody have some good team suggestions to use against the Elite Four and the Champion in Stadium 1?

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
hey guys, I know this was probably asked a million times in this forum but ive been searching and searching and i couldnt find the answer. are traded pokemon weaker than caught pokemon?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Like in-game trades or what? Generally, no. They're pretty much the same. I mean, it depends on natures and IVs and such, but I mean, they're still the run of the mill Pokemon that you would likely just catch in the wild.

If you mean traded Pokemon from a friend though, that's a different topic.

Traded Pokemon grow faster than Pokemon you've caught yourself, I should also mention.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Depends on level, nature, stats, etc like any Pokemon would depend on. However, Pokemon from a GTS trade are likely to be hacked. If you plan on sticking around this site and you like to trade, using the Trade Corner is a good option. There are a lot of reputable trade shops, like A Minuit (shameless advertising, as that's my shop lol), that can get you what you need and they're not hacks. ~RNC~ is a good trader too.

In terms of strength though, there are a lot of variables to determine that, but in general, traded Pokemon can be just as good as something you catch or hatch yourself.

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2013
Pokemon Stadium - Help me win!

Hello everyone!
Im new to forums and seeking advice. (So please tell me if I do something wrong).

My new boyfriend and I recently decided to play Pokemon Stadium and record it. Im a casual gamer, and Ive played the game before. My problem is I can never seem to beat him. I need some help! I demanded a rematch after my horrible loss, so this time I want to 1-Up him.

To find the video, search "boyfriend vs girlfriend video game faceoff pokemon stadium" on YouTube. It will be the third one down, posted 3 days ago by obiwan362.

Please tell me what I did wrong and what I need to do in our upcoming battle to win against him. Be brutal, I can take it :)

Thanks!
-LittleBlue20

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 5, 2021
Quick question on EV training.

I'm currently EV training a Gastly and it just battled a Litwick and it grew 9 levels in that one battle. So would I count the Sp Attack EV point 9 times or just once?

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2018
You just count it once. How many experience points you gain or how many levels you gain from a battle doesn't factor into how many EVs are gained, so long as the Pokemon you want to EV train participates in the battle or is holding an Exp. Share.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
hey guys, I know this was probably asked a million times in this forum but ive been searching and searching and i couldnt find the answer. are traded pokemon weaker than caught pokemon?

Ok, here's the definitive answer.

As you may know, traded Pokémon gain experience faster than other Pokémon. However, (I think) they don't gain more EVs from beating other Pokémon. This means it takes longer for them to reach the EV cap and therefore they can be higher-leveled yet have poor stats because of not enough EVs.

Ultimately, though, they'll reach the EV cap and become as powerful as any other Pokémon. So they're not "weaker".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back