• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate No Catch Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
Years
Ultimate No Catch Challenge

This was basically formed from a combination of ideas, namely to not catch Pokémon, and to make the game pretty damn hard (maybe not so for an expert, but for me at least). This challenge should be 100% possible, so don't give up! Currently I only have rules for this challenge on Red, Blue and Green, but don't fear, I will be altering the rules for GSC next, and then the other generations (excluding Gen 5 till I get a copy of Black).

Rules:

Spoiler:

Advanced Rules (For Ultimate Kanto Champion):

Spoiler:

You should be able to obtain the following:

Charmander, Omanyte/Kabuto, Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee, Eevee, Lapras and Aerodactyl.

As this will be everybodies team, it will be a judge of skill, rather than building a team that pwns whatever you are trying to fight (though that often requires skill too).

Please choose whether you want Omanyte or Kabuto, and Hitmonchan or Hitmonlee before you start.

Entry form:

Username:
Game: (Red, Blue, Green)
Character Name:
Rival Name:
Fossil Choice:
Hitmon Choice:
Eeveelution: (Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, None)

My Entry Form:

Spoiler:

Challengers:
Spoiler:

Champions:
Spoiler:

Ultimate Chapions:
Spoiler:

Userbar:

Threw this together pretty quickly with a generator I found online:

407-5097-userbar839309.gif
- the code to put it in your sig is below (please use the code, don't just put the image in your sig)

Code:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7020521"][img]http://www.userbars.com/123576/688191/407-5097-userbar839309.gif[/img*][/URL*]
Remove the stars to use

When you finish please post a screenshot (or photo if you are using a console) of your end time. You are of course welcome to post screenshots of your team or whatever throughout the challenge.

You are welcome to post YouTube videos if you want (NOT A REQUIREMENT, AS IT IS STATED IN THE RULES THAT YOU CANNOT MAKE A CHALLENGE REQUIRING CHALLENGERS TO POST VIDEOS OF THEIR PROGRESS). I will be participating (What fun would it be otherwise?). Note, if you do post videos, please enclose them in spoiler tags, as to do otherwise would be advertising your channel, which is against forum rules.

ENJOY THE CHALLENGE!

Shiny

Last edited:

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
Years
I am doing a run through on Leaf Green before I start my proper run, to see if this is compatible with FrLg, so far (just past Brock) not only is it possible, its fairly easy. Maybe a level limit for Brock? To prevent Metal Claw...

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
Years
Charmander is the hardest starter to start with, due to type disadvantages. I may make that an optional rule however, for those who wish to be classed "Ultimate Champions"

Years
I think I may give this a go later on, You can't exactly level block a gym leader though..

How do you not level grind though? If you're not strong enough to say beat brock by the time you first get to him, You try, You fail, Rinse and rpeat until you're strong enough.. that in a way is grinding?

Also surely if you can use one pokemon to beat an entire gym, It's going to start getting easy as soon the 'leader' pokemon will be far superior..

My foot may slip and hit the spacebar which may accidentally toggle speed..

Spoiler:

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
Years
I'll remove the level grinding rule, that was mainly for me when I was originally planning it. I won't level cap the leaders, in the hope that people won't just grind up 20 levels above the leaders or something. Welcome to the challenge! I will add you to the list now.

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
Years
The original revision of the challenge had no set starter, and nowhere near as many rules, I wanted to prevent myself from grinding up my starter (Bulbasaur) to own Brock, cos it takes the challenge out of it. If any other rules look a little odd, they were probably just for me, so let me know and I'll correct it

SuperKirbyFan

Weedle trainer
Years
So I'm just going to go ahead and point out, you forgot about the guy in the Pokemon Center right before Mt. Moon that sells you a Magikarp for 500.

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
Years
I did forget him yeah, however as you pay money in return for something, I'm gonna count that as purchasing an item (will edit the rules tomorrow to include this magikarp under that rule). Thanks for pointing that out, Shiny

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2013
Sounds like a lot of fun.

Username: Togetic997
Game: Red
Character Name: Red
Rival Name: Blue
Fossil Choice: Kabuto
Hitmon Choice: Hitmonchan
Eeveelution: Jolteon

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2012
I"ll try it. But it'll take me a looong time.

Username: Wolfe
Game: Blue
Character Name: Jerry
Rival Name: Tom
Fossil Choice: Kabuto
Hitmon Choice: Hitmonlee

Last edited:

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
Years
Awesome! 2 new challengers while I was away! I'll add you both to the list now. I've got my challenge on hold for a few days till I've finished the Limited Progress Challenge, but rest assured I will be starting soon! Also, I just noticed everyone has picked Kabuto and Jolteon, weird that :P

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
Years
  • Age 34
  • US
  • Seen Feb 15, 2013
ok i would like to try it but am in some other challenges that need my attention. you could put a level cap like all your pokemon must be in at least 2-3 levels of each other so you dont train one poke to wipe out all of the opponents. just a thought. also how will we go through the dark cave without flash?

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
I'll try this, sounds like fun!

Username: Mick Fizz
Game: Red
Character Name: MICK
Rival Name: LANDO
Fossil Choice: Helix Fossil (Omanyte)
Hitmon Choice: Hitmonlee

Edit: Oh, and I think another exception to the no buying rule would be getting the beverage to get to Saffron in R/B/Y.

Last edited:

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
Years
welcome to the challenge! I can't remember if it is possible to get past the guards without glitches or the beverage, so if you can't do it without the beverage, feel free to buy one for the guards (and only for the guards xD)

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Challenge completed. Boy, the Elite Four is hard. It took me A LOT of tries. But it was fun!

2zfio0k_th.png
16kx99l_th.png

Team:

6h1b4g_th.png

Omastar - Lv 52
Hydro Pump
Spike Cannon
Bubblebeam
Blizzard

xptzxt.jpg

Jolteon - Lv 59
Thunder
Thunderbolt
Pin Missile
Agility

2zf229u.jpg

Charizard - Lv 57
Slash
Flamethrower
Earthquake
Cut

x3xzio_th.png

Hitmonlee - Lv 50
Jump Kick
Meditate
Rolling Kick
Strength

25iavwk_th.png

Lapras - Lv 53
Hydro Pump
Surf
Ice Beam
Psychic

2zpup89_th.png

Aerodactyl - Lv 51
Toxic
Wing Attack
Fly
Bite

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 15, 2023
This sounds like a good, quick challenge

Spoiler:

Last edited:

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
Years
Congratulations Mick Fizz! Thats a pretty good end time. How tough was the rest of the challenge, besides the Elite Four?

Welcome to the challenge DarkChibimon, I've added you to the challengers list.

I am really pleased that I have so many challengers, I expected maybe one or two people and then the thread to be closed cos it was inactive. I'm glad you all think its a good challenge! If anyone has any suggestions to improve it, let me know and I may consider adding them to the rules! I also need some advanced rules, and if anyone could port this to a later generation, let me know and I'll add rules for that Gen (or region technically). Thanks, Shiny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back