• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
Adrian, being naturally being very quick in his actions, was out of the Pokémon Center quite some time before Mike was. Hearing the Gardevoir's voice in his head was a new thing entirely. He wasn't used to talking with Psychic Pokémon, and usually ended up talking to them and hearing them speak the old fashioned way.

"I didn't know teachers roamed the grounds." Instead of going back to the Pokémon Center for a second time that day, Adrian decided to use up the rest of his items that he had bought before he left for the island -- a pair of Revives and several strong potions, along with an Elixir to strengthen his Larvesta, who was happily sitting next to him in the grass.

Upon hearing his challenge, Adrian just gave a deceptively friendly smile. "I don't like placing people at a disadvantage. How about we just spar? I usually prefer that over a full-blown battle."

There was one thing he took pride in, and that was his intelligence. He was too smart to have an all-out battle with Pokémon as obviously powerful as that, nor did he want to pass himself off as rude enough to gang up on his Pokémon simply to win. Instead, he chose a beneficial middle ground.

"My Pokémon aren't the strongest around, and their skills also need some sharpening. I can also tell that my Gastly is close to evolving, and I know how much my Supernova would appreciate a chance to let herself shine." Adrian looked kindly at Supernova, who was blushing furiously.

Adrian leaned pointedly on his cane, the foot of which was planted firmly between his feet, with the sapphires in the dragonhead's eyes glowing in the afternoon sun. "If I may introduce myself, I am Adrian Steele. You've already seen Superman and Frostbite in action, and Tetra should be able to tell you all about them."

He made it a point to leave most of the conversation open towards the teacher. Let's see how much he knows about me while Mike is gone.

Years
Holly Amarosa

Molly frowned when Iny tried to leave and looked at Holly. "Please help!" she yelled. The Gastly left Holly's body and sighed. Molly looked at Iny and started to cry. "Please don't leave..." she whispered. "Holly needs your help. You can't leave her..." She floated over to Iny and nudged her arm with her nose. The Gastly looked at the ground and frowned. "This is my fault, isn't it?" he asked. Molly glared at him with tears in her eyes. "You think? You're the reason that my trainer's unconscious!" She turned back to Iny, the tears streaming down her face now. "Can you please help her? I'm supposed to protect her, but I can't even do that... You have to help her." She floated over to Holly and whimpered. She looked up at Iny again.

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
Iny Gage: Lugia Dorm

Iny, Still failing to scramble to her feet was slowly heading towards the door, Scared out of her mind. Giving a look back she sees the big eyes of the Munna, Pleading her not to go as she stops in her tracks. Frozen in place, not knowing whether to flee or stay, The Ghost pokemon was again outside of her body but its intentions are unclear.

Just then the munna was next to her arm Nudging it, Starting to tear up s she looked into her eyes. "Ugh, I have to do this, I would regret it too much if I didnt." She thinks to herself as she calms down and slowly gets up. Closing her eyes, She quickly pulls the unconscious girl upright and slings her over her shoulder. "Well, Atleast she's about the same size as me" She says to herself as she blindly pulls her out of the house, Trying to guess her height in her head without looking to distract herself from the current situation, Peeking ahead of herself every once in awhile to make sure she knows where She's going.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years

Steven Yew
picture.php

A change in plans...
Near the Suicune dorms

Looking to Tetra, who curtly nodded, Yew said, "A pleasure to meet you, Adrian. We accept your challenge." Turning back to Adrian, and noticing the cane for the first time, Yew added, "Well, it appears as though I am no longer the only one on campus with a cane anymore! Although, judging by your posture, there is something wrong with either your skeletal or muscular systems, yes?" This encounter was getting more and more interesting by the minute...

"Anyways, before we continue, I'd like you to meet Luxray and Ice." At this, he took out a great ball and luxury ball, respectively. He then released his Luxray and Scizor, both of which looked much more imposing compared to Adrian's Pokemon. Ice would definitley catch the boy's attention, as he was a one-of-a-kind icey blue color, as opposed to the average deep red of the species. Ice, always the quick one, said, "Why are we out here? This kid's obviously not strong enough to warrant backup for the almighty Tetra." This earned him a stern glare from the Gardevoir, who stood a whole head taller than the bug type. To this, Luxray, the other female of the group, replied, "I am sure that Master Yew has his reasons. Be nice." it was often that Tetra and Ice, the two strongest Pokemon on the team, butted heads, and it always seemed to be Luxray's calm, respecting demeanor that eased the tension. Char would usually input some badly thought out pun here, were he present. It may be true that his team seemed filled with Pokemon that didn't seem to fit together, but they worked together like a well kept machine when it came to the battlefield.

Professor of Pokemon history and mythology

Party:
Spoiler:

Boxed Pokémon:
Spoiler:

Fixed Float!

Last edited:

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Shawn Williams - Raikou Dorm - Cafeteria

Feeling out of place around both of his new friends, Shawn wasn't sure of what to do. He thought he was doing the right thing by standing up for Kayla. Now, though, it seemed like he was being left out. He payed it no mind, though, and finally spoke up.

"I have no idea where to go next," he shrugged, "You guys can pick and I'll follow." It wasn't very confident, but he had to say something for them to acknowledge him. "There's the forest, the beach, the ice plains...I'm not sure where to choose, myself."

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Years
Holly Amarosa

Molly smiled and floated next to Iny. "Thank you," she whispered, frowning when the Gastly followed her. Holly groaned softly and whimpered. "N-No..." she mumbled. Molly looked at her and frowned when she saw that Holly was still unconscious. The Gastly looked at the ground. "We're still lucky," he whispered. Holly groaned softly and twitched. Molly gasped before turning to look at the Gastly. "We're not that lucky. We're stuck with you..." she mumbled angrily. She saw Lumina's Pokeball shake in Holly's pocket and frowned. "Not now, Lumina..." she mumbled. Holly groaned again and tried to open her eyes. "M-Molly..." she muttered weakly. Molly gasped and looked at Holly's pale face. "I'm here..." she whispered. "And I'm sorry..."

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
Iny Gage: Lugia Dorm

Still trying her best to ignore everything that's going on right now, Iny Blindly stumbles through the dorm building. Taking one of her occasional peeks she sees that the door is just down the hall. "Okay, Its just down the hall, I can do this" She thinks to herself dragging the body with her, Slowly getting more and more tired. Taking another peek she an see that the door is a few feet away. "Finally!" She yells out, Reaching out for the door and Yanking it open, Letting in The wonderful sunlight as she stumbles outside and lands face first into the closest grass with Holly Still on top of her.

"I... Did it" Iny said, Breathing very heavily, Obviously exhausted and still running a cold sweat. Closing her eyes she lies there taking in the warm sun, trying to calm herself.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark grinned to Lucia. "Thanks Lucia. Lets meet up later after class and chat more. For now we should probably check out where our next classes are going to be. I'll see you around. I sure hope your teacher arrives as well. With Team Rocket out and about, It'd make sense why things would be so hectic... Well, I'll see you later then!" Mark said happily.

Snype nodded to Samuel. "I won't let him get the best of me. Keh. I'd like to keep it as a rivalry. Hopefully a pleasant rivalry that doesn't involve me getting killed." Snype said. He waved to Samuel and jumped onto Mark's shoulder. Time to move on in the day and figure out what the next class would be for them.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
http://i.imgur.com/kBdyRGn.jpg
|
|
|
|
|
|
Zen the Gardevoir

Oak Town: Smoothie Shop

2-5: Paths Crossed

282.png

Zen simply shrugged in response. "It's alright... I started this quest expecting no help, so it doesn't really change much, Definitely no need to apologize for it." She stepped into the smoothie shop, ordering a bright pink drink before sitting down at a 2-chair table. The place really was empty and near-silent. She sipped it until Bai was sitting as well. "You may consider me friend, enemy, ally, what have you, it makes no difference to me. Just so long as you understand that I'm not so easily trusting of others." She paused, but ended with a tiny smile. "But I will say you've left a good impression... You're one of a very select few of Humans, in my eyes, that I could actually approve of... To give you a better idea of how significant that is... You're now one of three people. And I've searched most regions and met tons of people."

She drank some of the smoothie and smiled. "With further interaction, I could see friendship in your future. Probably sooner than most, really." She paused once more. "You can tell Cynthia... Whatever you wish. I still get the impression that she probably wants to avoid me as much as I do her. Not that it makes much difference to me. But to be fair, I have been giving out minor injuries to the students who question my intentions or try to capture me. Usually they end up getting hit with their own thrown ball, or knocked over, or punched." She frowned a bit. "There was one boy today who tried three times in a row to catch me, even though I'd hit him and given him pretty sinister threats. The only solace is that he can't try those antics in the Pokemon Center, but I don't want to just hang around in there all of the time... I like the freedom to go about as I please. And I'll be damned if anyone tries to take that freedom away from me."

Cosmic Fury

Years
Adrian came close to chuckling, but didn't quite get there. Instead, he showed a genuine smile, which was rare enough indeed. "It's alright. I'm only here to train." He sent out his Gastly and his Shellder, which were both ready to go.

As for Tetra, he made a gesture for her to read his mind. He figured that there were always unwanted ears around, so it was better to have his sad, incredibly depressing story shown with his mind, rather than told out loud. "Tetra, if you wouldn't mind, some secrets are left shown, not unspoken." He had never had his mind probed before, and it would be an interesting experience for both, given his... nature.

All the while, Supernova sat calmly at his side. He could tell that her Drought ability was very strong right now, for some odd reason. She's always been very calm about things. Why is she so fired up?

He knew better than to ask her, because he already knew. And even if he wanted to ask, she said something already. "Can I go play with them? They seem pretty strong, and it's harder to burn them. And I think the blue one is pretty."

By now, Adrian was used to having Supernova describe various Pokémon that way. It was pretty much her way of saying that they were interesting, and that she wanted to get to know them. That being said, he actually let her go first, which was a stark deviation from his normal battle strategy, which was to save her until last, when she could release an overpowered fire attack on the foe.

"Alright, now go do your best." Adrian gave her a kind look, and wondered how she would fare even against the Scizor. Either way it goes, any sort of win would be an upset.

No matter how lopsided the situation was though, he knew that the Larvesta was smart, and would at least make any sort of battle interesting. He didn't say right off that he understood everything the Luxray and Scizor were saying. He merely acted like he seemed to understand the general situation. She went out, the battlefield instantly started heating up because of her strong Drought ability.

The surprise that would register in their faces when they actually did know that he had his own ace in the hole would be totally worth it...

Last edited:

pokefan9900

The Egg has Finally Hatched!!!
Years
Mike has gone and healed his Pokemon, thanks to the Monferno leading him there, of course, and is on his way back. "Hmmm... now that I think about it, should keeep training! Now that all my Pokemon are healed, I can train all of them for the fight with Mr.Teacher!" As Mike was training his 3 Pokemon, with emphasis on Porkchop, he felt the tempature rising out of nowhere! I guess they're starting without me. I better make it back as fast as I can! Mike then rushed forward, keeping up with Monferno easily this time, and is now making hisway to the battle.

Years
Holly Amarosa

Holly groaned again and opened her eyes. She looked around and yawned. "W-What happened?" she asked, waiting for her vision to clear up. She groaned. "And what am I sitting on?" The Gastly looked at the ground sadly. "S-Sorry..." he mumbled. Holly gasped when she saw him and scrambled away. "What are you doing here?" she asked. Molly sighed. "He said that he's sorry... And that he wants a friend..." she said softly, shooting a glare at the Gastly. Holly tilted her head. "A friend...?" she asked. She blinked and noticed Iny for the first time. "Did you save me?" she asked softly. "If you did, then thank you..."

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
295332_364632546975737_188531419_n.jpg
Rosalyn Smith

Rosalyn looked curiously at Dex's new Pokemon. It looked interesting, and new Pokemon were always fascinating, that's how she felt about Eris. "Shock's a good name for an electric type" she said as Dex turned to her and offered to call out Silver for her. It's very nice of him to offer to do that. she thought before nodding and pulling out Silver's pokeball.

"That'd be great" she smiled. "Thanks a lot Dex"

217434_364632540309071_2067233548_n.jpg
Oerba Dia Vanille

Vanille sighed looking up at the ceiling. After helping her new friend take his stuff to his room she had went to her own and put her own things away. What to do now? she thought biting her lip as she lay on her bed. Merida and Prince laying next to her. I know, I'll head outside and train Merida and Prince she thought getting up and fixing her hair before putting her boots back on. "Come on guys we're gonna train" she said grabbing her bag and walking out of her room followed by her Pokemon.

Entering a field not far from the Suicune Dorm Vanille smiled at her Pokemon. "I'll start with Merida okay. Then I'll work with you Prince, just watch Merida and you'll see what I'll want you to do" she turned to her Skitty. "Alright Merida, Faint Attack into Ice Beam don't forget the twirl." Right after she gave her command Merida ran and disappeared reappearing a second later before twirling a light blue ball forming in her mouth. Merida then looked at the sky and fired a light blue beam into the air, the ice particles shining beautifully in the light.

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
Iny Gage: Outside The Lugia Dorm

"W-What happened?"

Iny slowly opened her eyes, Enjoying the warmth of the sun far too much.

"And what am I sitting on?"

"That would be me" Iny said very drowsily. Still worn out and her vision blurry, She tries to make out what was going on, But finds herself too exhausted to move too much. Instead just enjoying the soft touch of the grass and the warmth of the sun as she regained her strength.

"Did you save me? If you did, then thank you..."

"I... I guess I did." Iny says, Still trying to put together what just happened. "Wht happened to you in there?" She asked.

Years
Holly Amarosa

Holly frowned. "I don't know..." she whispered. "I just remember feeling a chill down my back and then something went into my body. Then I woke up out here..." She frowned and scratched her head. "What happened while I was out?" she whispered. The Gastly sighed. "I guess she doesn't want to be friends with me..." he whispered sadly. Molly sighed and shook her head. "You just scared her... And took control of her body. Give her time to recover before you leave, alright?" she said, regretting the words as soon as she spoke them. Holly picked leaves out of her hair and frowned. "I hope Lumina's alright..." she muttered to herself.

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
Iny Gage: Outside The Lugia Dorm

"I don't know..." The strange girl whispered. "I just remember feeling a chill down my back and then something went into my body. Then I woke up out here..."

Iny rolls over, Giving the girl more attention now that she recovered a bit.

"What happened while I was out?" The girl asked in a soft tone.

"I'm not sure what happened myself to be honest." Iny admitted. "It has something to do with that thing." She said pointing to the large gaseous pokemon. "It entered your body and started talking about friends or something. The munna here I assumed persuaded it to leave your body. And I ended up carrying you out of the dorm." She explained. "Once you were in the sun it didnt take you too long to come to your senses."

While Iny was explaining to the poor girl what happened,Cally on the other hand was giving the Gastly a dark stare now that she was outside. With Glowing light blue eyes threatening to strike if it makes a move.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Dexter Patrick Prince || Oak Town
511.png
17.png
352.png
+ Helioptile

Dex got Silver's Pokeball and put it on his belt. He then supported Rosie as the two of them wobbled outside. "I hope we don't get to encounter rowdy Pokemon again in the dormitory. I've had enough wild Pokemon right now. And with that crutch of yours, I'll probably leave you behind when worse comes to worst," Dex joked, smiling. They were out the Pokemon Center. Dex called the Skarmory out and handed Rosie back the Pokeball. Silver was confused as why it was a different trainer who called him out. He screeched. Dex covered is ears, annoyed by the high-pitch screaming the metal bird is doing.

"Hey, Silver. It's just me. Come on, we're not actually enemies."

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
295332_364632546975737_188531419_n.jpg
Rosalyn Smith

Rosalyn smiled and giggled slightly at Dex's joke. "I doubt we'll have another encounter like that again. It was probably something about the forest that made those Pokemon act like that" she said as Dex called out Silver. Who promptly screeched when he realized it wasn't her that called him out.

Wincing at the noise since she couldn't cover her ears without losing her balance Rosalyn frowned looking Silver in the eyes. Seconds later the screeching stopped. "that's enough Silver. I needed Dex's help to call you out. Still not used to these crutches." she raised an eyebrow still scolding her Pokemon. "There was no need to screech like that you arrogant bird. That doesn't make me happy with you" she scolded and to her amusement Silver looked at the ground and then nuzzled her hand apologetically.

"I know your sorry, but don't do it again" she smiled slightly shaking her head. "now, I need you to take us back to the Academy. The building with the white roof near the other dorms"

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years

Steven Yew
picture.php

*ALMOST* a battle
Near the Suicune dorms

Yew, who knew to dial it back a bit, motioned for Ice to enter. The imposing Scizor grinned, and nudged Tetra as he walked past. Once he was on the battlefield, Ice showed off his imposing claws, saying, "Are you ready, small one? I must warn you, I am quite powerful." Yew could generally guess what he was saying, as it was often that Ice bantered with his opponents. Without any notice, Ice lashed out with Fury Cutter, aiming to only clip the small Larvesta.

Tetra was a small bit too distracted to notice Ice's taunts, as she felt the young boy open his memories to her. She was hesitant, but entered at the insisting of the young boy.

Suddenly, she was whisked to a time and place unfamiliar to her, reliving the events of Adrian's terrible childhood as he saw him. The death of his parents, the experimentation... Tetra was almost sick with horror. She saw his growing up with the abnormalities, his joy, his pains. It took all of Tetra's might to pull herself out before she was completely drawn into Adrian's brain. She looked at him, deep pity clearly showing, and said, I am sorry for your position. Master Yew will not understand as I do, but he will be there whenever you need him, if you but ask. He is a loyal friend like that. I should know, as I have been with him for 14 years now. Is there any way in which I can assist you?

Professor of Pokemon history and mythology

Party:
Spoiler:

Boxed Pokémon:
Spoiler:

Fixed Float!

Cosmic Fury

Years
Adrian knew his Larvesta was smart as hell, and even so, she was distracted by the Scizor towering over her, his claws spread out in a manner that would have done credit to the giant ancients that roamed the earth in eons past.

However, it was her time to shine, and her fierce bravery and determination overcame her strong fear of her seemingly invincible opponent. As he went in for the hit, she moved with uncanny speed, badly burning his claw with a strong Ember attack as he went in for the attack.

She never said anything. She never did during any sort of battle. She heard the Scizor's taunt, but that only spurred her on to openly defy her opponent and gave it her best shot at winning in spite of the odds.

Supernova didn't see how emotionally vulnerable her trainer was, as she picked up speed and managed to fire off another scorching attack at the Scizor, who was probably still taking it easy on her in spite of the supremely crippling burn in his claw. She didn't see the single rebellious tear roll down his cheek, only to get wiped off as if it never existed.

She was determined as ever, the brave, courageous Larvesta that he had known all of her life. Adrian was proud to call her his own. Her strength was his, even if she didn't know it. She was his pillar of hope, and the reason he ever found the courage to never give up on his hopes and dreams.

She never thought she was beautiful, but Adrian saw differently. She had a big heart, and she was kind and strong, and there was no Pokémon he would rather have in this world. And he wanted to be strong for her. He wanted to rise up and become strong, for Superman (as funny as the name he chose for himself was), and Frostbite (who always needed to be looked after). He wanted to rise, and be the one who proved to the world that even those trampled in the dirt can rise above it.

Finally, Adrian stood up straight and took a lot of his weight off his cane, in spite of the pain this motion caused. His highly intense blue eyes, no longer being suppressed by his own concentration, seemed to look right into Tetra's soul, as he did something he rarely did in battle: he spoke openly.

"I just need a cure for this pain. I need to be able to rise up and defend others from those who would hurt people for no reason at all." He felt a new surge of strength, and fully stood up, not feeling the intense heat that was gathering on the battlefield. After all, he felt that sort of thing all the time...

Back